Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***Motors Chat Thread Round 3***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

i have two military watches too RJ dont worry :D but that one is my baby and the only one i use

Not really into watches myself (although I do admire them in shop windows), worked in a few places years ago where you couldn't wear a watch so that combined with the ole mobile phone got me out of the habit of wearing one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I wear mine cos I cant check my phone in work (much) plus i think it adds an air of sophistication too :cool::pac:

............ i think it adds an air of sophistication too :cool::pac:

No doubt :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Not a watch fan myself, buy a bit of unusual watch hunting on eBay can be interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Kraftwerk at Longitude! Sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Here's what ya want when it comes to watches :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

BX 19 wrote: »
    Kraftwerk at Longitude! Sound.

Got my ticket this morning, 3 days :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Agreed on the watches, I got a very nice Seiko from my parents for my 18th birthday and it hasn't really left my wrist since. Have my grandfather's old Seiko knocking around somewhere too (think the oul lad has it now).

Lot of memories for me in both those watches for some reason.

Waiting to see what day Kraftwerk play before I buy the ticket.... I'd guess it's the sunday!

• Advertisement

Waiting to see what day Kraftwerk play before I buy the ticket.... I'd guess it's the sunday!

Sunday :cool:

I saw them in 2008 in Kilmainham, mind blowing stuff!

Must wear the t-shirt to the next meet if I remember :cool:

I'm the operator with my pocket calculator!

Fun fun fun on the Autobahn! :D

Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni

By pressing down a special key, it plays a little melody

Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni

I like your thinking, a subliminal message to get Cian to go German??? :pac::pac::pac:

Just heard that Off the Ball is no more. Well ****e. What am I going to listen to on the way home now?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Just heard that Off the Ball is no more. Well ****e. What am I going to listen to on the way home now?

Really? That's a pity. Often listen to it myself on the way home. Any idea what it's being replaced with?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,219 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Seems like they massively overplayed their hand by demanding a move to 6pm then 5pm later on. They had 39k listeners, Hook has 131k. Too risky a move for any station, I would guess. Perhaps they'll turn up as a drivetime team on another station. Hard to see why you'd push so hard with a ****ty proposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Ahh, so my nct is TODAY at 11.50, not tomorrow :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

Marcusm wrote: »
    Seems like they massively overplayed their hand by demanding a move to 6pm then 5pm later on. They had 39k listeners, Hook has 131k. Too risky a move for any station, I would guess. Perhaps they'll turn up as a drivetime team on another station. Hard to see why you'd push so hard with a ****ty proposition.

I read that too, surely there has to be more to it than that? Considering the management decided not to let them work their notice even!

Pity, it was a great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

pred racer wrote: »
    I read that too, surely there has to be more to it than that? Considering the management decided not to let them work their notice even!

Rumour mill is stating that they handed their notice in, are serving their gardening leave and that RTE are salivating over an announcement over their addition to their recently started sports show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

That makes alot more sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,219 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

pred racer wrote: »

Management might have seen what happened when Danny Baker at BBC London was allowed to do a single show after finding out he'd been axed. Basically, spent 3 hours tearing the station to shreds. Not sure if they'd have done the same given DO'B's position in independent radio in Ireland. IS there anywhere who could give them a 5-7 show? It'd be too restrictive for R1 or 2fm.

Marcusm wrote: »
    Management might have seen what happened when Danny Baker at BBC London was allowed to do a single show after finding out he'd been axed. Basically, spent 3 hours tearing the station to shreds. Not sure if they'd have done the same given DO'B's position in independent radio in Ireland. IS there anywhere who could give them a 5-7 show? It'd be too restrictive for R1 or 2fm.

None with a national licence. I'd say 2FM is the most likely slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

messing around in work looking at garda car reports for nct, leaking transmissions and all sorts.

but one failed for one reason.... hub caps not removed ! come on like !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Drove a Fiat 500. Never realised just how much fun they are

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Went on a good long drive over Sally Gap today, such a nice day for it.
    It made me fall back in love with both driving and Wicklow, I love those mountains.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,391 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Not in Northern Ireland anyway.

Nothing to say the car would be actually called that, don't concepts often have names that don't make it to production.

Funny that the guy doing the Kia ads has a northern accent

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement