Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assets model agency - advice needed on commercial contract

Options
  • 18-11-2012 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi everyone, my daughter signed up for the commercial section of Assets last summer and her picture was loaded to their site. No work came her way and now she has been offered other work as a hairdressers house model. She is worried that she is in breach of her letter of agreement (which she can't find). She wants to do the right thing and is afraid to go back to Assets in case they say she cannot do the other work - any advice?

Comments

Firstly, you might want to ask about getting this moved - it seems more legal than fashion related.

I'd imagine that her best bet is to go and ask Assets. If she breaches her existing agreement it wont matter that she didn't know because she lost her paperwork, surely it would still be her fault. It's her responsibility to know what she signed up for. So she might as well find out. If they say that it is in breach, she'll at least have the choice then to make an informed next step.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 xxpipxx

Yes you are right. She doesn't have all her information at hand so can't make a informed decision.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Surely she can leave Assets anyway if she want to do the other work. If she has got no work through them she is hardly loosing out by leaving them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DakotaRyan

Hi,

I hope you don't mind me asking but what did your daughter do in the end with assets? My daughter is in the same position. She has been with them for the last 3 years and got no work but now has a really good opportunity coming her way and we are don't know what to do for the best. Any advice would be great.

Dakota

• Registered Users Posts: 4 xxpipxx

Hi Dakota,
    In the end we did nothing as the new contract was a non paying one. My daughter received a contra agreement instead (i.e. hair and clothes for free). We did request a copy of her agreement from Assets but they didn't reply.
    I would think in your case that after 3 years of no work that their contract with your daughter is not valid anymore. They have not kept up their side of the contract (i.e. to generate work for her).

• Advertisement
Advertisement