Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get involved in Electric Ireland's Powering Kindness Week and Win an iPad

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭hotshots85

Im giving Junior cert Match grinds every Saturday morning to my niece from now until the exams next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Cableguy

Bought a half dozen fresh mini apple pies for my work colleagues.

Also chose concern as my charity and will make a more conscious effort to help those in need.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭green123

helped elderly neighbour with saorview changeover

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭arodabomb

Submitted. Focus Ireland the recipient!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

Gave a away smartphone to a couple who were leaving the country; we had met for them to purchase it from me, but time constraints got in the way of them testing it out. I took it as an opportunity to do a good deed, so I told them they could have it for free and if (when!) it works, they can keep it. They ust have to do something nice for a stranger some day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭DAZP93

I helped J Dunne find glanmire

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Mowed the neighbours grass - selected Focus Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

my girlfriend had an outstanding esb bill in the 100s from when she use to live with her ex-boyfriend and she was worried and upset as she couldnt pay it and he wouldnt contribute any money to it so one day i had had enough and secretly took the bill to the post office and paid it off in full for her, she doesnt know it was me and thinks the bill just dissapear, well her worries and stress did and thats all i care about

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ki

Done!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Alice162

Paid for about 7 women to visit the ladies' bathroom in Cork by putting 20c into the slot in the door :-) instead of us all waiting outside for someone to exit..!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Carlosthejakal

on a promise to give my pregnant wife a massage and footrub ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Done, dedicated to Focus Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

In the Doctors Sugery (packed) there was an Indian woman that was obviously struggling with bags/child/pram/jacket and basically all the crap that has to be done to go out in the wind and rain with a child in a buggy. No one seemed to be interested in helping her, despite everyone staring at her, so I did. Put a jacket on the child, got it into the pram, put on the rain cover etc while her Mam got herself ready to go out. Then walked her out through 3 sets of double doors, opening them all for her. Missed my appointment and had to wait an extra hour, but so what.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

Volunteered as a literacy tutor for adults with reading difficulties. Very rewarding!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I'm trying to donate more to charity! I'm slightly better off than I was this time last year so I'm giving donations more often than I used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lin82

Brilliant Idea. My good deeds added :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Jacob55

Made a Surprise Dinner for my new wife! - Donated to Focus Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

Donated a lump sum to charity

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭copper04

I set up Saorview for my elderly neighbour so she could get back to watching her favourite shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

Hiya everyone, I think most people do good deeds all the time and don't give it a second thought, like giving someone a lift home when it's horrible out or passing your paper when you've finished with it to someone else in a café or bus or train or whatever.

I've logged my specific good deed and will continue to do 'good deeds', you never know, hopefully it's all stored up in the karmic piggy bank for future use!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

I decided to collect all used batteries from my neighbours for proper recycling. Got to know them better and helped the environment, double bonus ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi again everyone - really wonderful posts here. :)

More Powering Kindness activity on our Twitter also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

Was heading to the market on Longmile road on Sunday, there was an elderly lady on the grass strip in the middle of the road with a push trolly. Cars were whizzing past, so i hopped across the road to lend a hand and slow some traffic so she could get over to the other side. To be fair, the brave old gal was a quarter of the way across the road when i got to her, but still, I think I helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭damoz

done. great idea - the power of positivity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Im dancing in a leotard to raise money for Focus Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 6 checo

I have just done that, see below - thank you

https://www.poweringkindness.ie/deed_feed/3808

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Uberted

Myself and another girl are going to Kono in Sierra Leone for six months, starting in January.We are volunteering in the area of teacher training and will also be teaching.It was the worst affected area of the civil war because it is the most diamond rich.We hope to make a small difference.
    The ipad would be given to the school in kono if we were lucky enough to win it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 stephanied83

Good deed banked... I made some rocky road & brought it in for a treat for the gang at work!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Marioda

I am donating my new unopened ipod nano to Crumlin Childrens hospital. We have all been there & nieces & nephews & its a great cause. Also I picked Focus Ireland on Powering kindness, very important now its coming into the winter .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Rescued 4 years of collage work from a laptop harddrive that was dead for a Neighbour. Never seen anyone so thankful.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement