Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Southeast Asia: Organised tour (Intrepid) or Wing it?

Options
2»

Comments

Hidalgo wrote: »
    You'd want your head clued on driving over there, the rules of the road are fairly liberal. Moped gives right of way to cars and cars give right of way to buses.
    you can only drive in vietnam if you have a vietnamese driving licence.... loads of people have seen the top gear show and would love to do the same, you never here of the many daily deaths on the roads and the amount of bribes westeners have to pay to the police .... just stick to the taxi's planes and trains, transport is dirt cheap also your insurance wont cover you if you have a crash while your driving......

Ha, I've no license and this is my daily driver for hanoi :)
    http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/4422/49498642.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Have the letter of approval for Vietnam sorted now and just another week to go before we jet off. Getting pretty excited now :D Just getting all the last minute loose ends sorted this week now and hello adventure for 2 months .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Make sure you have the $45 for visa stamp and a passport photo aswell .... Enjoy it's a great country.... We'll be there in 5 weeks can't foking wait

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Have the letter of approval for Vietnam sorted now and just another week to go before we jet off. Getting pretty excited now :D Just getting all the last minute loose ends sorted this week now and hello adventure for 2 months .

If you are passing through Hanoi and in the Vietnam Backpackers Hostel on Ma May or Ngo Huyen be sure to put your palm print on the wall. You might even see mine!

Cheers to everyone for tips and advice. Last night at home now before heading off. It's going to be an interesting 2 months now :D Southeast Asia, lets be having you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Cheers to everyone for tips and advice. Last night at home now before heading off. It's going to be an interesting 2 months now :D Southeast Asia, lets be having you!

Safe Travels over the next 2months :) Keep us posted!

Just came home there last week and I can't believe I'd ever considered doing an organised tour. It really was so easy to get around the place. I can understand all the love that Vietnam got here too, such a brilliant country. 2 months simply wasn't enough at all, I could easily have done another 2 and been quite happy.

It was really just a whistle stop tour of all the main sights and had too much travelling in such a short space of time but I'll no better for the next time now :D Once again really appreciated all the tips. There was even a bit of Biking in Vietnam and Koh Lanta.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Who did ya did Ha Long Bay with? And the Biking? Was it Mai Chau?

We just booked at the guesthouse for Halong Bay. Dragon Cruise if I remember rightly was the name of it, don't quote me on that. For the biking we did Hue to Hoi An over the Hai Van pass with Hue Easyriders. A guy in a cafe approached us and after a good look with my skeptical spectacles figured out it was legit, great call. Just rented from where we were staying In Koh Lanta. 250 baht for a day.

Advertisement