Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passport Photos

Options
  • 16-11-2012 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where the cheapest place to get passport photos done online is?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Just keep googling till you find an attractive person's face.

Print it off 4 times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Can you get them done online?
    Sick of the chemist laughing at me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

How does that work, do they take your photo through the webcam?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

I think that just about every chemist in Ireland can get you sorted for a tenner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

here you go

Completely free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Wasting your time not getting them done right by a professional.

Do them on the cheap, more than likely they will be sent straight back to you as duds thus costing you more in repeats and a delayed passport application.

Just tried them, they won't accept my photo.:(

• Site Banned Posts: 2 Aazoth

Where To wrote: »

To ugly???

Aazoth wrote: »
    To ugly???
    To sexy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Emilio <lick>

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 735 ✭✭✭joydivision

They gave me 4 of them the last time i got them done only used two . How much you willing to pay ?

To sexy.

you writing me a letter?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭The_Thing

Have you tried the Israeli embassy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

You can get them for free here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

bonzodog2 wrote: »

I second this lot. Took a photo (or 10) of myself earlier this year (following the guidelines: http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=257), stuck it in epassportphoto.com, saved the resulting file to an SDcard and printed it off in Boots for 55cents.

Accepted first time by the passport office. Simple, cheap, and allowed me to pick the photo I liked best - few pharmacies would have let me try 10 different shots!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Thread merged with "Stingiest things...."

Pottler wrote: »
    Thread merged with "Stingiest things...."

While passport photos are not terribly expensive, getting ones you're happy with can be head-wrecking. If I could be guaranteed lovely photos that I'm satisfied with from a pharmacy for a tenner (or whatever passport photos cost these days) I'd be happy to pay it. Past experience indicates that it just doesn't happen, so a little effort on my part, and less money, resulted in much nicer photos that do the job.

Thoie wrote: »
    While passport photos are not terribly expensive, getting ones you're happy with can be head-wrecking. If I could be guaranteed lovely photos that I'm satisfied with from a pharmacy for a tenner (or whatever passport photos cost these days) I'd be happy to pay it. Past experience indicates that it just doesn't happen, so a little effort on my part, and less money, resulted in much nicer photos that do the job.
    Who cares if your happy with them? I look like a bona fide axe murderer in mine, but the border control people are delighted with it. They must be, they keep waving me through and smileing.

• Advertisement

Really? They keep taking my axe away from me :(

Really? They keep taking my axe away from me :(
    You need to get a plastic one and hide it up your bum - they can't detect them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Here's a tip.
    Never leave Ireland, then no passport required. Saves a ton of money.

It works for the Scots.

TheUsual wrote: »
    It works for the Scots.

Why? Did they not leave ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Carbon Bootprint

Just remember, if most people looked like their passport photos, they'd be too ill to travel. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

They only come over for rugby games to expose their pale genitals to Irish women and sneak them back home to Scotland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

400 years, etc. etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭nacimroc

Can't believe after 2 pages nobody has mentioned to just print you own. Take a photo, download some free passport photo software and print your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

You can either do it yourself - camera and print it but the issue is there are requirements about passport photos being a certain way, no smiling as such, the shadowing and so on so best to go to a pharmacy or go to a photo booth in the shops they do a good deal depending how many you get but shop around for best value!

• Advertisement

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    I second this lot. Took a photo (or 10) of myself earlier this year (following the guidelines: http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=257), stuck it in epassportphoto.com, saved the resulting file to an SDcard and printed it off in Boots for 55cents.

Accepted first time by the passport office. Simple, cheap, and allowed me to pick the photo I liked best - few pharmacies would have let me try 10 different shots!
    nacimroc wrote: »
    Can't believe after 2 pages nobody has mentioned to just print you own. Take a photo, download some free passport photo software and print your own.
    That's what we were doing above, except you don't have to download the software, you can do it online. I printed mine in Boots because I didn't have any photo paper.

doovdela wrote: »
    You can either do it yourself - camera and print it but the issue is there are requirements about passport photos being a certain way, no smiling as such, the shadowing and so on so best to go to a pharmacy or go to a photo booth in the shops they do a good deal depending how many you get but shop around for best value!

If you follow the guidelines linked above, then use the epassport site, it ensures that things are the right size.

Advertisement