Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IMEI Disabled by Gadget Insurance

Options
  • 14-11-2012 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

This is my very 1st post, so apologise if this has been asked before I searched but could not find an answer.
    Does Gadget Insurance disable the IMEI of a phone once a claim has been made?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

No it would be up to the mobile carrier to block the IMEI.

If you loose your phone, you ring and get the IMEI blocked and blacklisted then you pass that info on to the insurance and they start the claim process.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ad39tallaght

Appreciate that thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

This is my very 1st post, so apologise if this has been asked before I searched but could not find an answer.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

I see you posted again so here it is

You loose phone, ring (3,meteor,o2,vodafone) whoever.

You get them to block the phone and IMEI

You then go to Gadget Insurance and Make Your Claim

Your claim is ok and they send you a new phone.

You then call them up (Gadget Insurance) when you receive new phone and give them the new IMEI number of your new phone. Also do this with your phone provider.

Done And Dusted

If for some reason your asking because you made a claim and you then found the phone again, the IMEI would have been blocked because you would have had the phone blocked by your provider before making the claim.

If that's the case you ring the phone provider and they will unblock it, and your supposed to send the new claim phone back or the lost one back. That's if they ask you of course biggrin.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

hi folks, oh phone was robbed (we think) on sunday night, will be ringing gadgetinsurane in the morning, any advice i need? I have a bad feel somewhere that they will have some excuse not to replace the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,578 ✭✭✭✭28064212

hi folks, oh phone was robbed (we think) on sunday night, will be ringing gadgetinsurane in the morning, any advice i need? I have a bad feel somewhere that they will have some excuse not to replace the phone.
    Have you checked your contract? Some of them have a "You must report the robbery within 24 hours of it happening" clause

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

28064212 wrote: »
    Have you checked your contract? Some of them have a "You must report the robbery within 24 hours of it happening" clause

I'll have to look it up, thanks for the heads up

Advertisement