Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will the budget give us what we deserve?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

They are mismanaging this enormously though, and in a severely undemocratic way (we have no say over it, we have no democratic control as we should have), so we need to pressure our own governments and them to act, to provide non-financial-sector stimulus.
    They are mismanaging what? :confused: The euro?

You're pretty much admitting you have no argument against it here, by repeating the same unbacked assertions. I await your explanation as to why the ECB's stimulus of 1 trillion Euro has not caused hyperinflation.
    Can you tell me what this 'stimulus' was spent on? That will give you your answer.

I have plenty of arguments against your silly idea, but I'm doing other stuff here and can't be arsed writing them all out. Thanks for the opportunity though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

They are mismanaging the entire crisis, destroying peripheral economies with austerity.
    Can you tell me what this 'stimulus' was spent on? That will give you your answer.

I have plenty of arguments against your silly idea, but I'm doing other stuff here and can't be arsed writing them all out. Thanks for the opportunity though.
    Sorry my economic knowledge is akin to 'science fiction' as you put it, please do enlighten me; why has that 1 trillion Euro stimulus not caused hyperinflation?

Sorry my economic knowledge is akin to 'science fiction' as you put it, please do enlighten me; why has that 1 trillion Euro stimulus not caused hyperinflation?
    Can you tell me what the 'stimulus' money was spent on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

They are mismanaging the entire crisis, destroying peripheral economies with austerity.

No evidence they're 'mismanaging' anything. Obviously someone is profiting from this. The transfer of private debt was managed very well I'd say.

Off topic, could we ask Google for a few bob like? I mean, what are they gonna do with €8bn a year? There's only so much coke and húkers in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭SEANoftheDEAD

As regards protests in this country... I think the problem is there too well organised, if you get me. So they end up been pointless...

All protesters need to do it on the same day, ie, pensioners, taxi drivers, framers, students, everyone! Make the gears the turn the country grind to a hault for 24hour lockdown! Country on strike if you will... no rebellion, or violence, just a simple sit down until the countries demands are met.

The budget is going to be tough, that cant be helped. But as pointed out the problem is how the "other half" live and what they get away with. That's what the country needs to to take action against.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

^^^^
    The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress

Someone said that once. I'm shure the average African tyrant/dictator is watching sky news with a note book and pencil in hand, recording quotes from Merkel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

While mass demonstrations and work stoppages are carried out throughout Europe today, we the good old obedient Irish, will just carry on as we are heading off into work. Sure we'll all have a moan about rising taxes, social welfare cuts blah blah blah, but when it comes to it we'll just accept the budget in January and move on.

I know there's something planned for Nov 24th, but surely coordinating with the rest of Europe would be a more powerful statement. And I bet the march on the 24th barley gets 5,000 people.

Are the cuts not hurting people as bad as it's being made out? Surely if people were actually on the bread line, there'd be enough outrage to lead to actual genuine protests?

When the government knows there's no repercussions from a harsh budget, they're not going to hold back!

I reckon the peoples lack of action, means we can't really complain about what the government do in December!

What is it you believe you deserve?

Do you believe you deserve bubble level services based on bust level finances?
    Where would you get the money from instead?

Can you tell me what the 'stimulus' money was spent on?

Ok, you seem to have a problem answering this question. I wonder why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

Sorry, but you're asking me to answer a purely rhetorical question, to offer you a jump-off point for your own rhetoric. You clearly have an answer in mind, so why not quit faffing about and get on with the reply you have in mind? (preferably involving the explanation of why we're not undergoing hyperinflation)

• Advertisement

Sorry, but you're asking me to answer a purely rhetorical question, to offer you a jump-off point for your own rhetoric. You clearly have an answer in mind, so why not quit faffing about and get on with the reply you have in mind? (preferably involving the explanation of why we're not undergoing hyperinflation)
    I know the answer to the question and why it has had no impact on inflation. I'm just wondering if you do, or if you have had a chance to Google it yet.

Advertisement