Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should public nudity be illegal?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Sure it isn't doing any harm and how you dress or don't dress is no one else's business, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

But, but- I like a smartly/sexily dressed lady. Nakedness is all well and good but not in general public areas thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Rigol wrote: »
    Im picturing H+E magazine here.
    Pasty people with overgrown pubes playing volleyball and tabletennis.

The 50s called, they want their stereotype back.
    What do you base that on? What about the middle east, Asia, the Americas?

Middle East = Hamman - naked male sauna/baths. Turkish bath ring a bell?
    Asia = Japanese Bath-house?
    America = Hot Springs, many of the hot springs near me are clothing optional.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Rigol

MadsL wrote: »
    The 50s called, they want their stereotype back.

Middle East = Hamman - naked male sauna/baths. Turkish bath ring a bell?
    Asia = Japanese Bath-house?
    America = Hot Springs, many of the hot springs near me are clothing optional.

No problem, you go hang out with the naked wrinklies and their naked wrinklies. Connect with the earth and shi.t. Break free of all society's pressure to make you conform. Hug a tree.

No problem, you go hang out with the naked wrinklies and their naked wrinklies. Connect with the earth and shi.t. Break free of all society's pressure to make you conform. Hug a tree.

Why the hostility?

You are supposed to get clean when you bathe, hard to do that in togs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

There is a difference between nudity and sexuality; most Irish people fail to understand that.
    Yeh (although I'm not sure most Irish people fail to understand it) but the angle I'd be coming from with that in mind is that therefore it's not prudish or repressed not to want to see naked people just anywhere and to not feel comfortable getting naked in public. Some people prefer to keep it private, nothing deeper than that.

Madam_X wrote: »
    Yeh (although I'm not sure most Irish people fail to understand it) but the angle I'd be coming from with that in mind is that therefore it's not prudish or repressed not to want to see naked people just anywhere and to not feel comfortable getting naked in public. Some people prefer to keep it private, nothing deeper than that.

Exactly. You don't have to have it swinging in the wind to justify 'not being a prude'.
    Some people just want to be the only nude in the village.

Madam_X wrote: »

Problem is there are very few places where it is permissible. Even if a gym were to say Monday nights are naked sauna night, some gob****e would complain.

In Austria you would be thrown out of a sauna for keeping your togs on. If you are shy put a towel on, but don't get 'offended' if others want to enjoy the steam/sauna properly,

Exactly. You don't have to have it swinging in the wind to justify 'not being a prude'.
    Some people just want to be the only nude in the village.

If you still could wear a towel rather than togs would you complain if your gym sauna went naked? If yes, why?

Off and play some bowls......yer dirty fecker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭twincamman

sur look at katherine lynch on rte 2 now .boobs are bursting out.

Off and play some bowls......yer dirty fecker.

Not interested in a discussion? Missing the point a bit aren't we?

Not interested in a discussion? Missing the point a bit aren't we?

Would it be a naked conversation? If so I'd like to walk and talk. Lets go to a picturesque part of corsica. Ill have my hiking boots and long socks on, with my wooly hat and walking stick. I'll be pointing into the middle distance, in a proud horse stance, free from the chains of society. While you, on bended knee read a map, your face parallel with my overgrown pubes and shrivelled circumcised little co.ck .

then we could go and play swing ball.
    All in a days work for a hardcore nudist.

Would it be a naked conversation? If so I'd like to walk and talk. Lets go to a picturesque part of corsica. Ill have my hiking boots and long socks on, with my wooly hat and walking stick. I'll be pointing into the middle distance, in a proud horse stance, free from the chains of society. While you, on bended knee read a map, your face parallel with my overgrown pubes and shrivelled circumcised little co.ck .

then we could go and play swing ball.
    All in a days work for a hardcore nudist.

Wow. I guess you encountered a nudist once and it scarred you for life. Your vivid scene above perhaps a replay. I suggest you get professional advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭sheikhnguyen

I think people should be able to walk around naked, I just don't see what the problem is to be honest. I can't see how clothes protect children or even the idea of public decency. We are all born naked after all, seeing genitalia is no more shocking that seeing someone's hands or ears or eyes, they are all part of the same body.

Given that there was no stigma to nakedness in antiquity it is clear that we can thank the church for introducing body shame to western culture during the dark ages. I wonder how long it will take people to get over it?

Prosecuting people for being nude is crazy. Take a look at Stephen Gough aka the naked rambler in the uk he has spent the last 6 years in prison because he refuses to wear clothes. 6 years in prison for not wearing clothes!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 M.Saggot

No doubt about it.

Advertisement