Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do people troll?

Options
  • 12-11-2012 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭

I don't want this to be a hate thread for trolls, but I'm really just wondering what's the mentality behind trolls?

I mean, whats the actual psychology behind trolling?
    Do they do it for some weird rush?
    Is it because they feel anonymous, and therefore they can do say what they want?

I really don't understand it, why not just go outside and play?

then there's the "serious" trolls who say some sick, disgusting things,...they're on a whole different level,.....sadistic.

Your opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

because their creativity and genius goes unrecognised in the everyday world

oh and because they werent allowed teddy bears when children

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

I blame the foreigners!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭mosstin

Jamez735 wrote: »
    I don't want this to be a hate thread for trolls, but I'm really just wondering what's the mentality behind trolls?

Is it because they feel anonymous, and therefore they can do say what they want?

then there's the "serious" trolls who say some sick, disgusting things,...they're on a whole different level,.....sadistic.

Your opinions?

Trolls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

BBDBB wrote: »
    because their creativity and genius goes unrecognised in the everyday world

oh and because they werent allowed teddy bears when children

You mean, there's adult trolls?....dear god no!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

They find it fun.

Hah, and does that link me to the opinions of boards.ie users? nope. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Big Bottom

Why do people punch 12 year old in the face?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Big Bottom wrote: »

Their insecure about their bottom? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

They have no friends, so it is the only way people will interact with them.

• Advertisement

Here's why

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

To ask why people troll, is ask why leaves fall

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

The same reason people pick their nose and eat it, they think they can get away with it.

To ask why people troll, is ask why leaves fall

Okay, well then what leads a person to become a troll? It's obviously not innate.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I can't believe I fell for this one again :mad:

I don't know OP, but they give me a great laugh sometimes
    I shall leave you with this

Nimrod 7 wrote: »

I don't know OP, but they give me a great laugh sometimes
    I shall leave you with this

Love them!...but they're intelligent trolls, funny....unlike "lower class" trolls :D

Your opinions?

Gold is a good investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

its a art

Spunge wrote: »
    its a art

Indeed it is, unfortunately it has not been mastered by many.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Big Bottom

I did a quick search in the search bar at the top, and there are lots of threads about this already.

The search is a good way to check if a thread is original or just another re hash of a topic!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77058757

• Advertisement

Indeed it is, unfortunately it has not been mastered by many.

This is true he is a complete dope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Hippies!

I think to personify the phenomena with the term troll is the ultimate in troll win. There's a master troll somewhere giggling hysterically in his armchair. There's no such thing, it's like the opposite of the devil convincing man he doesn't exist. I see people in real life, most are c**ts, why would they be any different online?

I did a quick search in the search bar at the top, and there are lots of threads about this already.

The search is a good way to check if a thread is original or just another re hash of a topic!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77058757

Oh sorry, I tried searching but I just kept getting redirected here

Hippies! wrote: »
    I think to personify the phenomena with the term troll is the ultimate in troll win. There's a master troll somewhere giggling hysterically in his armchair. There's no such thing, it's like the opposite of the devil convincing man he doesn't exist. I see people in real life, most are c**ts, why would they be any different online?

it would be, but the term "troll" is dished out far too easily for it to have any real value as a "win" for the troll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Okay, well then what leads a person to become a troll? It's obviously not innate.

A better question is what is worth trolling for? For lulz, epeen and belly rubs

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Rigol

People troll out of dis-satisfaction with their lives.
    Its usually related to an issue in their life that they should be making amends towards, putting right.
    They're mostly just unemployed dole scroungers with too much time on their hands venting cause they can't afford a place of their own, probably tired of spending dead money on rent and cans of stella.
    Then you have the aggressive atheist type trolls who spend their life trying to force their opinions on others, liberal PC types. Basically just westbrits trying to make us wear poppys after 800 years of oppression.
    Just ignore them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Lance Armstrong does it because he has nothing else better to do at the moment.

Rigol wrote: »
    Its usually related to an issue in their life that they should be making amends towards, putting right.
    They're mostly just unemployed dole scroungers with too much time on their hands venting cause they can't afford a place of their own, probably tired of spending dead money on rent and cans of stella.
    Then you have the aggressive atheist type trolls who spend their life trying to force their opinions on others, liberal PC types. Basically just westbrits trying to make us wear poppys after 800 years of oppression.
    Just ignore them.

Cheers for that clearing up of the situation, I just forwarded this to wikipedia so they can update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Spiritual

Rigol wrote: »
    Just ignore them.

I have taken your advise.

Ignored.

• Advertisement

perhaps they do it for all the offers of free no strings sex with hawt wimmins that they inevitably receive as a result of their hilarious repartee

Advertisement