Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 4 (?)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Zillah wrote: »
    Yeah, no, the new endings show them getting repaired, so thankfully this scenario won't play out. If they stuck to the lore then Earth would starve horribly as it was hugely dependent on interstellar imports, as were the majority of urban worlds.

A lot of people are dead, they're not going to need too much food for those that are left.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

i dont envy the ME4 writers trying to come up with a story, a prequel would be easier but the whole thing would disolve into one huge foreshadowing of the original trilogy:

"Oh look, some ancient text describing the Reapers...what are those....oh well, not important to us"

"Haha silly Krogan, you cant have kids hahahaha"

"Humans....pfah, they will never get on the council"

Then if they set ME4 after ME3, they got the great setting of a galaxy turned on its head:

-Relays were just knocked out according to the extended endings but still take years to get the network back online, how would some systems react to isolation for so long (pocket governments springing up...or even local dictators or military coups imposing martial law)
    -Krogans on the rise and now having to curtail the "Alpha male" violence required before....or embracing it.
    -Quarian/Geth war solved (and then the Geth alive or dead depending on various choices and the Destroy ending)
    -Quarians no longer need to go on pilgrimages or keep it up as a tradition and now not a migrant people so could be treated better or old hatreds hard to drop
    -Personnaly, would like to see an almost religious cult develop around Shepard as "The Shepard", intresting way to analyse faith and devotion in a world of science

But then they also will have to canonise a set of choices (is Wrex alive? did anyone die on the suicide mission? were the Krogan cured or did the sabotage work? are the geth, Quarians or neither alive?) as well as picking one ending and having the fanbase erupt again with "...but I chose the Synthesis ending, make the game start from that", the only alternative being diluting the story down to have 5 or 6 weaker storylines than one or two based on gameplay rather than "what you did 7 years ago in ME1".

Look forward to the game either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭I-Shot-Jr

Varik wrote: »
    A lot of people are dead, they're not going to need too much food for those that are left.

I dunno, we've a proven ability to sort that issue out sharpish.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Zillah wrote: »
    It's going to be an MMO. I can feel it coming, the way an old woman can sense the weather changing, or a dog can sense its master leaving for home...I feel the dark shadow of a Mass Effect MMO descending on us.

And I am afraid.
    cant see them doing that after swtor was a complete and utter bomb after it's first month

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yeah new MMOs are dead in the water. We won't see another major new one until Blizzard decide to go live with their project.

• Advertisement
Advertisement