Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many sugars do you take in your tea / coffee ? (If any)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

I don't drink tea or coffee
    LyndaMcL wrote: »
    No milk and no sugar in either tea or coffee. :)
    You'll probably have to go to the dentist pretty often to get your teeth cleaned if you drink a fair bit of tea and coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

0 with tea
    You'll probably have to go to the dentist pretty often to get your teeth cleaned if you drink a fair bit of tea and coffee.

Not really. I don't drink much tea, I used to drink about 10 coffees a day, currently I drink 3 or 4. I also smoke and have only ever once had a professional cleaning and my teeth are pretty damn white.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Who gives a sh1t. Ffs read a book or something...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I used to take loads of sugar and milk in my tea when i was younger. My mom stopped me from having suger in my tea when the dentist was complainig though.:D

I only have a small drop of milk in my tea now. I actually couldnt stand sweet tea anymore have to have it strong now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

0 with tea
    Boskowski wrote: »
    Who gives a sh1t. Ffs read a book or something...

you're great craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I don't drink coffee, and I don't take sugar in my tea. In fact, if someone has put sugar in their tea, then stirs my tea with the same spoon I can taste the sugar and it ruins my cuppa :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

1 in coffee, none in tea. i like my tea like tar with literally the smallest drop of milk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

No sugar in tea - sugar ruins tea imo.

one very small spoon in coffee :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

I use sweeteners (otherwise I'd be attracting the old "Do you take tea with your sugar?" quips). Just as nice, no cals and when I'm in a restaurant I can look shifty and make everyone nervous as they think I'm putting illicit substances into my cup.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Neewbie_noob

6 with tea
    Hot water, add 5 spoons of sugar, mix well to ensure it is well dissolved and the cup is nice and warm, add tea bag(s) and stir well (DO NOT SQUEEZE), leave tea bag in, add milk.

Same process for making coffee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Hot water, add 5 spoons of sugar, mix well to ensure it is well dissolved and the cup is nice and warm, add tea bag(s) and stir well (DO NOT SQUEEZE), leave tea bag in, add milk.

Same process for making coffee

You put a teabag in your coffee? Ewwww...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I used to have 2 or 2 and a half teaspoons of sugar in my tea but for the last few months I drink tea without any sugar at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

No sugar in tea, have it good and strong, just a splash of milk.
    One in coffee,usually. But if it's really good coffee won't bother with any sugar at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

3 with tea
    2 spoons of sugar for coffee and two spoons for tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

My father is of the opinion that the relationship between the number of spoons of sugar you put in hot drinks and your IQ is inversely proportional. (I don't agree with this) Because of this I was never allowed sugar in hot drinks so I never developed a taste for it, so no sugar in tea or coffee. No milk either cos I just can't stand it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

1 with coffee
    One sugar in the tea. None, and its bitter, two, its too sweet.

• Site Banned Posts: 13 SwanEater

2 with coffee
    2 teaspoons of sugar in my cup of tea. Mind you, in the part of the world I come from we don't add milk but put a slice of lemon into the cup.

As for the coffee question, I cannot answer really. I don't drink coffee at all, it doesn't go too well with the bird.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I used to take 3 spoons of sugar in tea but stopped that a few years ago and take none now...I hate the taste of sugary tea now, it seems really syrupy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

0 with tea
    Don't like sugar that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Don't like sugar that much.

I gave most of it up around 18 months ago, I've never felt better!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I don't put sugar in my tea because I'm not a satanist.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Atari Sweetner
    I voted for them all.

Wildcard bitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

a shpoonful of honey

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

2 with tea
    1 in a coffee for me. Don't touch the tea stuff,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Used to take sugar in my coffee the odd time, but the coffee I was drinking was rank at the time. Since I've access to a mindlowing coffee machine, no sugar will ruin it.

Tea is what I usually drink and I will never besmirch it's innocence with sucrose.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

3 with tea
    2 in each, no milk. Sometimes have honey in tea instead of sugar. Generally use 2 teabags in tea and I make my coffee strong too.

Advertisement