Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In preparation for testing (Android)

Options
  • 12-11-2012 1:38pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We're going to distribute the User Test Build (UTB1) through dropbox which makes everything very straight forward.

If you dont have Dropbox installed on your device you really really should. :) Its the most awesomest app ever for file transfer and will brighten your life. And cure cancer. Really, its that cool.

You can sign up here: http://db.tt/VTxBZStK and then download the dropbox app on your device. Simples!

Once thats done we will be sending out a link to download the game on Wednesday via dropbox.

Any questions/problems, post below and we'll help as much as we can!

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Done and dusted!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭civilnug

Dropbox installed on my galaxy S2

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We're about to send invites to your dropbox accounts.

When you get them, click on the file and your phone will ask you to install it. (NOTE: You may have to go into the Settings --> Security and allow Non-Market apps to be installed).

It should install just like any other app. Post any questions/problems below!

Thanks!

Tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Share added, will try this tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Pulling it down now - just as I am about to rush out to take my dogs swimming...

Oh the inhumanity of it all ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Downloading!

Just opening the game now :)

oh man - and dead already

OK - first game 80; 2nd 492 - now I really have to run.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

score of 2697 so far and can't stop playing it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

As someone who has put HOURS AND HOURS into Temple Run and Subway Surfer, I like it a lot. Great job. :)

Controls seem a bit sensitive though. Sometimes swiping left and right moves me one lane, sometimes two. Is that intentional? Short swipes for 1, long for 2 maybe? Bit frustrating to swipe to avoid an obstacle, only to move two lanes across into a hole. :)

Edit: Just read your other thread. Never mind!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

Mr E wrote: »
    As someone who has put HOURS AND HOURS into Temple Run and Subway Surfer, I like it a lot. Great job. :)

Controls seem a bit sensitive though. Sometimes swiping left and right moves me one lane, sometimes two. Is that intentional? Short swipes for 1, long for 2 maybe? Bit frustrating to swipe to avoid an obstacle, only to move two lanes across into a hole. :)

Edit: Just read your other thread. Never mind!

Glad you like it :D

Thanks for the feedback - left/right is either tap or short swipe, give taps a go and see if it helps..

You can find more of the following on Dev's new thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056806339

HOW YOU PLAY:

To move lanes, tap left or right. OR short swipe left or right.

To move all the way over to the left or right lane (multi-lane change) do a big swipe left or right. Warning: you might fall off the edge if there is a gap there... thats deliberate

To jump gaps, swipe up.

To reset, swipe down

K.

One X - Don't know if this is a known thing yet, as it wasn't mentioned in the other thread, but stats are blank... all just XXX's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

One X - Don't know if this is a known thing yet, as it wasn't mentioned in the other thread, but stats are blank... all just XXX's
    Thanks Damo, that's just a placeholder page - we'll add that to Dev's new thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056806339

Another little one, there doesn't seem to be any option to exit the app from the main menu, or any prompt to quit if you press back from the main menu. Have to either press home (which can leave it running in the background!) or kill the app.

Very enjoyable so far though, great sense of the speed, a bit like of a single player F-Zero

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Alright, got a shot while cooking the dinner. Swipe up is not reliable on my Xperia S.

EDIT: Also, first boot took aaaaaages.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

May have to postpone testing on the desire, don't think I could free up 35mb without uninstalling my launcher. No space on that thing atall. Installing on the element now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

Is the intro a place holder atm? because it looks like 2 comic art panels then the same panels in a red channel only. Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Sorry didnt see the other thread :pac:

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yep the intro is a placeholder, we have the comic panels but we just havent built them in yet, all of our efforts have gone into polishing the game play rather than the GUI and surroundings.

Until 4pm today, the company logo was a pic of a knitted mouse. None of us can remember why or where it came from. Its been that kinda month. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Wow this is a great laugh, love the graphics. I dont play many mobile games but this looks better than the ones I have.

One thing tho, when I tap left and right, it takes one to two seconds to switch lanes. Makes it impossible when you pick up a bit of speed. I take it this is just on my zenithink c91. Anyone else getting this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Testing on SGII

Good fun but quite hard especially the jumps.. phone recognises my swipe up as a swipe left/right.
    Also like DamoElDiablo said have to use menu button to exit then kill task.

Is this always going to be portrait orientation or will landscape but a future option?

I'll transfer it onto N7 in a while to see if that works out better for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Testing on SGII

Good fun but quite hard especially the jumps.. phone recognises my swipe up as a swipe left/right.
    Also like DamoElDiablo said have to use menu button to exit then kill task.

Same issues here on my HTC Sensation XL.

Yeah we dont have an exit option on the menu. Tbh... to be really honest...we never stopped playing it until it crashed before so we never really thought about an exit function. :)
    We'll fix that.

DeV.

I just finished a 45 minute session (got up to about 65%) and had to stop because the phone (HOX) got hot.

- Not sure if related to the heat, but there were a couple of cases where I seemed to fall through the track (no holes).
    - I think the controls could be a bit more responsive. I think being able to move while in the air would make a big difference. Check Subway Surfers for a similar kind of game with very smooth, responsive controls (not trying to rag on The Jump, just trying to give some constructive feedback!)
    - Love the music (especially track 1 and 3)

Moving while jumping/falling is something we are considering. Falling through cracks (as in you just die on the spot?) is something we had before and thought we had gotten rid of.

All feedback is taken as constructive, don't worry about our feelings... we want to make the game great, we wont do that if people arent honest :)

T.

Yep, I just seem to die for no reason, and get "Hovercars can't fly".

Must try installing it on my Asus Transformer tablet, see if/how that works...

Looks great, but little input lag.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Mr E wrote: »
    - Love the music (especially track 1 and 3)

I think the music is awful, but then again I think pretty much all dance music is sh*te. :pac:

On an SGS2, and the most obvious thing I've found, or confirmed really, is that I'm crap at games but that can hardly be blamed on the game.

Only real issues I've had so far are that it takes a long time to load and the aforementioned lack of an exit button. I've found it a little unresponsive when trying to jump on occasions, but whether that's down to the game or me being crap I haven't worked out yet. It looks great, but as a very casual gamer I'm finding it a bit tough to make any proper progress and I'm not sure how long it would keep someone like me interested.

That said, I'll keep playing for a bit to see if I improve and I'll give it a go on my Archos G9 when I get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Ok, miles behind on this. I just set up a dropbox account.

Now what?

I logged into testflight from my phone, and clicked for the link - nothing?

Presume I've done something backwards :o ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Afaik testflgiht was for if you have an Iphone.
    Dropbox was for Android users and as your posting this on the Android thread I presume you have one of them :)

Did you get an email from Dev with link to Dropbox folder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Oh, I knew I must have been doing something stupid :(

I'll pm him, cheers

Advertisement