Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it me or do most americans have high pitched voice

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

A lot of the american actresses on redtube seem to have a high pitched voice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

I have told you a million times not to exaggerate OP :mad:

Really I don't recall. Are we talking 1 million posts or one million times in a 3 digit amount of posts. I Dont recall us crossing paths before?

From reading over the last few posts think I stand in a correct position of non exaggeration .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

bluecode wrote: »
    Quite the opposite in my view. I wonder if the OP has met many real Americans or been to the US. Most American men have very deep voices certainly compared to Irish men.

As for women, well they're women. High pitched voices are normal.

So yes OP, it's just you.

Well I have to agree. Most of my family from the east coast have deep voices but as u move west to California they get very high pitched. Yes I have spoken to many Americans from gaming and other stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

MadsL wrote: »
    Men with deep voices have lower sperm counts than their counterparts, researchers have discovered.
    With studies finding that women rate men with deep voices as being more dominant, older, healthier and more masculine, scientists from the University of Western Australia tried to discover if they are also more fertile.
    They recorded men saying the five vowels and calculated the pitch of their speech.

The tapes were played back to women, who rated them for attractiveness. Finally, sperm samples were analysed.
    The women judged the lower-pitched voices as more attractive, but those men had lower sperm counts, the journal PLoS ONE reports.
    The biology behind the phenomenon may be quite simple, with high levels of the male sex hormone testosterone impeding sperm production.

The researchers got women to listen to the voice recordings of 54 men aged between 18 and 32.
    Those men were also asked to provide a sperm sample.
    After noting that lower sperm counts were associated with the men with deeper voices, the researchers concluded that perhaps some sort of trade-off was taking place.

They believe it could be nature’s way of balancing things out, so that if you have the voice and muscles women love so much, you lose out on the virility front.
    It should be noted, though, that all the sperm counts measured were within healthy parameters.
    The results of the study were published in the journal PLos ONE.

I'm a guy with quite a deep voice so I was a bit put out by that. But sure, higher testosterone levels is a fair trade off to me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

If you think someone from Texas/Florida/Georgia etc. has a high pitched voice, well....

Floridian Tom Petty has a very deep speaking voice, but when he sings he sounds like an American girl.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I see what you did there

Advertisement