Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrongly awarded the adjacent instead of non-adjacent rate.

Options
  • 12-11-2012 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Could someone please help me here. Basically I got a letter stating I had being awarded the grant on Friday; Full Maintenance special rate adjacent now the problem is I should be getting the non-adjacent rate as I live about 80km away from where I attend university... Do I have to appeal it? or can it be rectified over the phone? I mean why should I have to wait another 3/4 weeks because the people at SUSI are so incompetent they can't manage to figure out the distance between one place and another.. absolute shocking system and terrible customer service. I was also told on the letter to put my bank account details in to the website, should I? or should I wait?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,980 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Appeal it.

Put your bank details in so that you start getting payment. Once the appeal goes through they can rectify the payment amount.

Also - don't forget to email TDs - today

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056803661

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭pauly58

That is exactly what happened to us. Get on to your TD, ours refused to accept it, even though susi wanted us to appeal it.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭iiHyPeRize

pauly58 wrote: »
    That is exactly what happened to us. Get on to your TD, ours refused to accept it, even though susi wanted us to appeal it.

It's a ****ing disgrace, we have to suffer because they can't determine how far away one place is from the other :/ Did you get your sorted? I tried calling them, wasted 15E credit and still couldn't get through, joke of a system, I'm about to post the appeal now.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭pauly58

We got it sorted in as much as they reviewed their review, we got a letter saying we were entitled to special rate at the non adjacent rate but no money yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭cono121

pauly58 wrote: »
    We got it sorted in as much as they reviewed their review, we got a letter saying we were entitled to special rate at the non adjacent rate but no money yet.

That's good, but yes thier all talk no action!
    When did you post your appeal letter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,980 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

iiHyPeRize wrote: »
    It's a ****ing disgrace, we have to suffer because they can't determine how far away one place is from the other :/ Did you get your sorted? I tried calling them, wasted 15E credit and still couldn't get through, joke of a system, I'm about to post the appeal now.

Have you emailed the Oireachtas committee?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056803661

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 31 cracknafobia

My problem was the same ie them awarding me a grant but the wrong type ie adjacent instead of non adjacent.Sent off the emails to the tds on the oireachtais commitee they were very helpful. sent back non-automated responses emailed them late last night and they sorted it out for me today.
    Was very impressed by Charlie Mc Conalogue,Claire Daly,Brendan Griffin,Averil Power and also my local td Luke'Ming'Flanagan.
    First of all the problem should never have came to this all they need is to employ extra staff.Hopefully they will have learned from this incident and be better prepared for next year !

Advertisement