Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C U Next Tuesday

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Bob The Nero

As Boneyarsebogman say's, its just a word
    (from word origins)
    This word for the female genitalia dates back to the Middle English period, c.1325. It’s exact origin is unknown, but is related to the Old Norse kunta, a word with cognates in several other Germanic languages. From the Proverbs of Hendyng, a manuscript from sometime before 1325:

Ȝeue þi cunte to cunnig and craue affetir wedding.
    (Give your **** wisely and ask for what is due after the wedding.)

There is a potentially earlier usage in the name of a London street, Gropecuntelane, from c.1230.

Also likely to be related is the noun quaint, which in Middle English was used to denote the female genitalia. From Sir Tristrem from c.1320:

Hir queynt abouen hir kne, Naked þe kniȝtes knewe.
    (Her quaint above her knee, Naked the knight knew.)

And as most English Literature students have discovered, it is used in Chaucer’s The Miller’s Tale (c.1386):

Pryvely he caught hir by the queynte.
    (Secretly he grabbed her by the quaint.)

Use of **** as term of abuse for a woman is a 20th century sense. From Frederic Manning’s 1929 The Middle Parts of Fortune:

What’s the **** want to come down ‘ere buggering us about for, ‘aven’t we done enough bloody work in th’ week?

**** does not come from the Latin cunnus, which is also a term for the female pudenda, although a common root back in the mists of time cannot be discounted.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's like the common FDW.
    For de win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

The real version of this word is the nastiest word in the English language. I shudder every time someone utters it, especially a lady.

what? you mean cúnt?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

smash wrote: »
    You've never heard that before?
    Please read.

http://xkcd.com/1053/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

That was boring

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

That was boring
    was your first time with mentos and coke boring ?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

See you auntie.
    Was written on the back of Tool's Aenima album, took me ages to get it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

was your first time with mentos and coke boring ?;)
    You think mentos and coke is good then you should try snorting a double dip!

Actually don't, it didn't end well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I can't really understand how you had never heard that phrase before?! :confused:

I personally don't see the problem with the word. I wouldn't say it infront of my children like, or to my grandmother, but it's hardly that bad.

I don't really like 'gash' or 'minge'. Or when someone says things like "I'll tear it into ye" or "I'll lash it into ye" etc...
    And I hate the word "blurb" - Just the sound of it *shudder*

But I don't know why people get so bothered by words - they're just words - some don't sound nice, some mean bad things, and some are perceived to be derogatory, but they're all just words.
    It's not nice when people fill their vocabulary with curse words, vulgar words, derogatory words etc... but the odd one here and there - a big fat meh...

Some people really do go mental about the word 'cunt'.
    Cunt, cunt, cunt, cunt, cunt!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

The real version of this word is the nastiest word in the English language. I shudder every time someone utters it, especially a lady.

It amazes me that people can still be shocked by a simple word, you'd think in the 21st century we'd all be completely immune to this sort of thing by now O_o

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Moll'll fix it

Heard it on Mrs. Brown's Boys on repeat last night

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

You think mentos and coke is good then you should try snorting a double dip!

Actually don't, it didn't end well.

Same goes with a shot of vodka in your eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

synt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    See you auntie.
    Was written on the back of Tool's Aenima album, took me ages to get it

What an album.

And on the basis of your post, and this thread, my Friday evening has been decided.

Aenima on full volume while I repeatedly scream CÚNT at Ryan Tubridy on the TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

twot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Its better than twot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

there anymore of these type of sentences/word

well I do know of one, although it's a bit complicated

First you take the words in the sentence "STFU" then you find the exact opposite of them, divide them by purple, and cross out the elephant in the room and then take the 2nd vowel in each letter, the 4th in every word beginning with a consonant , then alphabetize them and put it through through an online plagiarism checker, after that, take the 23rd word of each article that the checker and put it through LMGTFY. Take the first word in the first 19 results and spell them out. You get the sentence

"Idiot, John U Stole The Water And Stole The Elephants.
    Dont You Own Uganda, Romney? Thought I Meant Eccrinology"

I wouldn't use that as an insult though....stick with C U Next Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭20260622

Penn wrote: »
    And if someone with the initials C.K annoyed you, you could say F U, C.K!

My initials are C K :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

a handy alternative is Cant Understand New Technology

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 65 ✭✭Ottway

Once pulled a girl at a wedding by wrecking her head all night by repeatedly saying to her "If you seek Amy?"

She was irate at one point and said "If I seek Amy? What? I don't sure, what are you on about for f*** sake?"

What made it worse was she kept going up and asking her friends one by one what I meant and they would just start laughing at her getting upset.

Advertisement