Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Give more powers to the state to take your child off you?...yeah sounds like a good i

Options
  • 09-11-2012 3:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

What do u think fluck flace?

Banned. Less of the abusive language on your return.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Ah!! Are you back. Welcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

...dea?

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭EURATS

Chucken wrote: »
    Ah!! Are you back. Welcome!

Chuck. Chuck. Chucky our chicken:)

On a serious note. As above.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭whatsthetime

The state will save a fortune in foster care payments and make a fortune selling adoptions

The state will save a fortune in foster care payments and make a fortune selling adoptions

God knows what they'll be selling...considering the past.

• Advertisement

...dea?

...sounds like dia, which means vote for Dana and everything she agrees with!!

*Subliminal message* from Eurats ;)

Chucken wrote: »

...sounds like dia, which means vote for Dana and everything she agrees with!!

*Subliminal message* from Eurats ;)

Thank u boards for (not) completing my thread title ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭whatsthetime

EURATS wrote: »
    God knows what they'll be selling...considering the past.

Will they use public funds to advertise it?

Will they use public funds to advertise it?

Ana mhaith...*****in(boards.ie censored) prob will

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

well if you're a drug using scumbag who neglects you kid why should the state take them off you?

• Advertisement

Less power to the blood. More power to the state?

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

TBH I dont know what way to vote on this one. I might just spoil my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭IceFjoem

Boy for sale!

IceFjoem wrote: »

Boy for sale!

With the states track record???

Yeah...vote YEAAAAHHHHS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

TBH I dont know what way to vote on this one. I might just spoil my vote.

I wouldn't spoil the vote if I were you.
    If you feel that you have not been given enough information to cast your vote, keep the status quo, vote no.
    This referendum has not been fairly explained to the electorate, apart from calling it "The children's referendum" which in itself encourages people to vote "yes" because why could this possibly be a bad thing????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭_Gawd_

Vote NO.

Although given the amount of mentally challenged people that infest this country, it will probably pass. I'm just waiting for the day Fianna Fail is voted back in...that will be the day I laugh my ass off on a plane abroad thinking of the stupidity all the in-breeding has created.

Troll banned

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

Smidge wrote: »
    I wouldn't spoil the vote if I were you.
    If you feel that you have not been given enough information to cast your vote, keep the status quo, vote no.
    This referendum has not been fairly explained to the electorate, apart from calling it "The children's referendum" which in itself encourages people to vote "yes" because why could this possibly be a bad thing????

I might agree with you. Im not happy with pieces of this referendum.

_Gawd_ wrote: »
    Vote NO.

Although given the amount of mentally challenged people that infest this country, it will probably pass. I'm just waiting for the day Fianna Fail is voted back in...that will be the day I laugh my ass off on a plane abroad thinking of the stupidity all the in-breeding has created.

Well aren't you lovely?

So? you're happy with the present government are you?

I thought, according to you, that "we are our own government"

"there is no higher power"

Still here?

Give the gubberment the chance to tell you how to bring up your child. VOTE As u wish!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

I might agree with you. Im not happy with pieces of this referendum.

TBH I'm in the same boat.
    I'm disgusted at how this referendum has been run.
    It has played on peoples emotions.
    Vote "yes" and you are against child abuse(which is not the case as this referendum gives no further powers to social services imo)
    Vote "no" and you're a nutter siding with Dana and John Waters(both of whom I detest).
    Very clever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

EURATS wrote: »
    Give more powers to the state to take your child off you?
    Ah, I'm not worried about it, I don't plan on being a shít parent any time soon.
    I know we entertain the paranoid fantasy that the dictatorship will use its new powers to take our kids away unless we feed them enough pro-state propaganda, I'm totally on board with that, but with the amount of kids being dragged up in this country, I'm sure they'll have their hands full for quite some time.
    I think there's something to be said for separating parents who don't give a shít and refuse to take responsibility and kids who run wild because they know they're above the law.
    Ever had an unknown 10-year-old threaten to stab you? It's adorable, but you can't help wondering what the parents are playing at or what the future holds for little Jimmy who's apparently being failed by everyone in his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

We've managed fine with this parenting stuff so far, leave it be, things are grand.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

OP must be a bad parent if they are so worried. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

The supporting industries are going to be booming.

I'm investing early in several thousand pick-proof locks.

There's already a thread on the referendum. Use it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement