Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atari,jaguar

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Well, I for one Atari Jaguar!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Like there has ever been anything better than the c64.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

I had an Atari that looked like it was made from wood. You had to blow out the dust before starting it and there was a button that didn't do anything as far as I could work out. I was 4 years old when I got that console and sold it aged 6 (idiot idiot idiot). Remember it so well and still miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Something to do with an old game console, so yes it's a nerd thing.

I'm actually mortified that I know this, I am not a nerd - there was a thread on this before, that's how I know. Honestly.

Dude you've got 1600 posts on an internet message board. There's no getting away from it, you're kind of a nerd!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Spectrum ZX
    Blackpitts wrote: »
    there were some polls where people were asking if people preferred/owned a Sega Saturn or a Sony PlayStation, then someone asked why there wasn't an option for Atari Jaguar, thus the legend began....

As one of the few people who were around back in the day, I can confirm that this is the case

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

The Jag' was Atari's attempt to re-enter the console race after they almost singlehandly cause the N. American video game crash of '83. It was rubbish. The controller resembled a mobile phone, rather than a game pad. Anyone remember the 3DO? It was released around the same time and had the price tag of $600 dollars, and was a total flop too. I actually had one. XD

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

lol @ "is it a nerd thing?" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

Bring back the boards wiki, so we can just send people to the page on this and stop the endless threads by noob who don't search for an answer first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Well that makes no sense... if somone wont search the forums for an answer.... why would they search a wiki?

Aside from that, "noob"ness is relative. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

A dental company bought the rights to the shell so the console has now become a dentistry tool :pac:

Only good use out of that horrible console. Barely had a handful of good games for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

The Atari Jaguar had a CD add on, much like the Sega CD. What a piece of sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

It would mean that a link to the biki could be posted and the thread locked :P

/waits for a 98 reg to come along and call monty a noob.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

No-one knows what the Gathering cards are anymore either. <sniff>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Former AH mod too ;) which somewhat why atari jaguar brings back odd memories :P

I miss your tyrannical iron grip over AH :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Faith+1 wrote: »
    The Atari Jaguar had a CD add on, much like the Sega CD. What a piece of sh*t.

I too enjoy an episode of AVGN

Sarky wrote: »
    I miss your tyrannical iron grip over AH :(

I dont think this new lot would appreciate it much:D

Ahh but i just dont have the time for it any more:(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'm actually mortified that I know this, I am not a nerd - there was a thread on this before, that's how I know. Honestly.
    Nerdiness is contagious.

Was I the only person who had an Amiga 32bit?

ScumLord wrote: »
    Nerdiness is contagious.

cant say i had that, but i did have a 3d game boy back in the day( you know the one with the stand and red graphics) and yes a jaguar too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

ScumLord wrote: »
    Nerdiness is contagious.

I still have my Amiga 1200. I moved the motherboard into a tower and upgraded the CPU, added a bunch of ram, a hard disk and CD drive. It's totally leet. I take it out now and then to play old classic games that haven't suffered from being rebooted on consoles and losing everything that made them good.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Sarky wrote: »
    I still have my Amiga 1200. I moved the motherboard into a tower and upgraded the CPU, added a bunch of ram, a hard disk and CD drive. It's totally leet. I take it out now and then to play old classic games that haven't suffered from being rebooted on consoles and losing everything that made them good.
    I think my Amiga 32bit just ceased to exist.

• Advertisement
Advertisement