Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First World Problems

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

You want to take €80 out of the ATM but the machine says 'please enter an amount in multiples of €50'

So you have to take out 50 or 100.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

bbam wrote: »
    Did you try pressing the buttons harder :D
    We all to it...

Tried that, worked for a while, eventually it wasnt enough. They served with honour :(

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭ifumust82

Paz-CCFC wrote: »

Since when did Irish people call crisps "chips"?

Tortilla's are not called Tortilla crisps are they??

Crisps are a different animal altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Spending 2 billion USD on trying to win an election.

In the third world you just give 2 million to the guy who counts the votes and call it a day.
    You want to take €80 out of the ATM but the machine says 'please enter an amount in multiples of €50'

So you have to take out 50 or 100.

Could be worse - imagine in Zimbabwe you want 120,000,000,000 but it asks for multiples of 50,000,000,000.
    ifumust82 wrote: »
    Chips and a dip scenario......

You have a dip but are almost out of chips......you have more chips but if you open them then soon you'll be left with no dip and just chips.

First World Problem right there

They have problems like that in poor countries too, they're human like us. First World Problems implies that poor people also don't get annoyed by trivial crap - of course they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

ifumust82 wrote: »
    Tortilla's are not called Tortilla crisps are they??

I wouldn't find it odd if I heard "tortilla crisps".
    Crisps are a different animal altogether

They seem closely related enough to me to warrant calling them crisps.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

I wouldn't find it odd if I heard "tortilla crisps".

They seem closely related enough to me to warrant calling them crisps.

Write to the standards agency or something, this is an outrage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    Write to the standards agency or something, this is an outrage

Someone posts in a thread entitled 'First World Problems' about a trivial problem? "Stop the lights".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

My favorite first world problem.....
    Complaining that evil corporations are making 'genetically modified' food, or that the food you are buying isn't 100% organic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Quirk_Douglas

The first world's main problem is mass immigration from third world countries.

Aside from that, hedonism. Wanting everything handed to you on a silver platter. Also, the influence of the internet and message boards such as this one where arrogance is permitted, and seeps into the attitudes of people even while they're offline.

Aimless, directionless lives. Becoming a Godless society with nothing to replace it. To paraphrase Bob Mitchum, we're 'building our gallows high, baby', and it's all going to come crashing down around us. In spectacular fashion.

• Site Banned Posts: 46 eggwhitelad

its the worst ******* weekend in history if you didn't get your rock and roll

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,988 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    We call Tortilla chips Tortilla chips. Stop the lights!
    Someone posts in a thread entitled 'First World Problems' about a trivial problem? "Stop the lights".

What I want to know is - where are these lights, and where can I get some so that I can stop them?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

I hate it when someone plays down a betrayal by saying something there's war in the world, and disasterous weather conditions eg tsunamis and starving populations in Africa and you're focusing on this .....

So just because there are starving people in Africa, earthquakes and tsunamis and wars your betrayal, that you won't even acknowledge and apologise for, is ok?

It's not you weasel

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

ejmaztec wrote: »
    What I want to know is - where are these lights, and where can I get some so that I can stop them?:confused:

They're not on yet

http://www.visitdublin.com/event/Switching_on_Christmas_Lights_Ceremony

Terrorise the event, stop the c*nts

• Site Banned Posts: 46 eggwhitelad

ilovesleep wrote: »
    I hate it when someone plays down a betrayal by saying something there's war in the world, and disasterous weather conditions eg tsunamis and starving populations in Africa and you're focusing on this .....

So just because there are starving people in Africa, earthquakes and tsunamis and wars your betrayal, that you won't even acknowledge and apologise for, is ok?

It's not you weasel

people that go on like that deserve one in the kisser

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

UCDVet wrote: »
    My favorite first world problem.....
    Complaining that evil corporations are making 'genetically modified' food, or that the food you are buying isn't 100% organic.

Yes, imagine berating multinationals for putting patents on small crop growers in India or tearing down primeval forest in order to grow the GM food.

I suppose you sneer at fair trade product as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,786 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I have a dishwasher in the apartment and still wash all my dishes and containers and stuff by hand.

Want a real problem? The batteries in my tv remote control died last night and i had no spares. I had to change it by hand :(

Rookie mistake john..

You take the batteries out, rub them between your hands, breathe on them, twirl them around and then put them back in again. Bingo...you're good to go for at least another week.

mfceiling wrote: »
    Rookie mistake john..

You take the batteries out, rub them between your hands, breathe on them, twirl them around and then put them back in again. Bingo...you're good to go for at least another week.

I suppose thats what i get for not going to the experts in the first place. Thank you sir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

When you jump in the shower and you forget your towel....man that's awful.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Having to drink beer out of a pint glass that has a handle. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭666irishguy

The Third World.

• Advertisement

faceman wrote: »
    Having to drink beer out of a pint glass that has a handle. :mad:

On a similiar note, when you go to open a can and the ring pull comes off before it breaks the top open :mad:

You have to beat the opening mercilessly with something blunt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

old hippy wrote: »
    Yes, imagine berating multinationals for putting patents on small crop growers in India or tearing down primeval forest in order to grow the GM food.

I suppose you sneer at fair trade product as well?

Given a choice between starving to death or eating wheat - which would you choose?

It's really easy with all the technology, machinery, and money those of us in the first world have, to look down our noses at processes that make food more abundant and cheaper.

Look at someone like Norman Borlaug (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_Borlaug) who introduced high-yield, disease resistant crops to places like Mexico, India, Pakistan and all throughout Africa. He's credited with SAVING OVER A BILLION LIVES...

But there are rich, well feed, people in first world countries that picket, protest and update their Facebook accounts speaking out again advances that keep poor people from DYING slow and horrific deaths.

:confused:

Hence it's a first world problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 MikeyS9607

Having to do Irish in school.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

When your mini firdge is broke and you have to walk all the way to the kitchen to get a drink of cold water when you wake up thirsty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,495 ✭✭✭bb1234567

Not having enough tumblr followers.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

I opened a door into my face yesterday, don't know if that counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Moments ago, I had a lovely cup of tea. I also had a lovely pack of chocolate polo biscuits.

As I was dipping the biscuit, I got slightly distracted and over dipped. Both tea and biscuit are now ruined, along with my afternoon.

Fizman wrote: »
    Moments ago, I had a lovely cup of tea. I also had a lovely pack of chocolate polo biscuits.

As I was dipping the biscuit, I got slightly distracted and over dipped. Both tea and biscuit are now ruined, along with my afternoon.

And i thought i was having a bad afternoon

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

PlainP wrote: »
    The little plastic ring on plastic milk cartons, do you keep it on or throw it away?
    give it to the cat

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Barman calls last orders and I've just got a fresh pint. Now I have to order another pint and have two fresh pints in front of me and drink them both before they go sour :(

Advertisement