Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50% to charity - generous or cynical?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Honestly, the money is of no real importance to me so I'll give 100% of it away and do the same next month for the SSF, if that's still going.

Sure as hell some scab will claim a refund though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Honestly, the money is of no real importance to me so I'll give 100% of it away and do the same next month for the SSF, if that's still going.

Sure as hell some scab will claim a refund though :D

Well why don't you give 100% of all of the proceeds of the book away, forever?

Money is vulgar.

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Money is vulgar.

I can help you get rid of some if you want.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

When I see a book or CD that has a sticker saying proceeds (all or a %) go to charity I usually just think the book CD is rubbish and not worth my money in the first place.

When I buy a book or CD I want it to be a good experience for myself but alot of charity books or CD's are not of the highest quality. Or they are about someone suffering through something or how great that charity is.

The 'Help' CD was the only exception to that rule, I think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement