Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you bring a drink to bed?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

I have a microwave under the bed, so depends on what's in the freezer.

But how would you put it down?

I already specified that it would only work if you were gonna drink it all in one go :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I already specified that it would only work if you were gonna drink it all in one go :p

Sorry must have missed that post. :o Chugging capri suns eh?
    Kinda takes the fun out of it. I like to taste what I'm drinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Reindeer wrote: »
    As a Southerner of Cherokee descent, I have been known to imbibe in the occasional sip of Bourbon before nodding off.

large.jpg

4th one over was a gift ;)

Up against the wall and spread 'em!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

Spread wrote: »
    Up against the wall and spread 'em!

To be fair, I WAS living in Tallaght at the time. Not surprised at all a gift like that found it's way to me from a roomate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

My housemate goes to bed before me so when I go to bed I bring him a glass of warm water too.

I leave mine by my bed for the morning and I leave his next to his bed with his fingers in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,825 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Pilotdude5 wrote: »
    I bring a glass a water as I usually wake up parched for some reason

I don't want to unnecessarily alarm you or others who reported the same thing here but that could be a symptom of various illnesses.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 Jaded Jester

I occasionally do. I try not to as it's a bad habit, a tragic habit, but sometimes I feel as if I need to. Haven't done it in about 3 weeks, when I crawled back into bed on a rainy Saturday morning with a bottle of Vodka, a carton of orange juice and my iPod. Woke up on Sunday morning at about 4am filled with wishes of death.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

usually i bring toilet duck, i always find the pink elephants help me sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Usually, drunk me is a nice guy, and leaves a glass of water beside the bed for hungover me to enjoy.
    Sometimes though, drunk me is an asshole and leaves a glass of vodka beside the bed instead. Bastard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

A mug of Barry's tea.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Where To wrote: »
    I once had a Brandy in bed.

Not sure if that was her real name though.
    With a name like that I'm not sure she was a real she.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Cargin

Pilotdude5 wrote: »
    I bring a glass a water as I usually wake up parched for some reason

This. Often in the middle of the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Pulsating Star

A mug of Barry's tea.

That must piss him off!
    But same as, always a mug of tea for me. Only reading thus as I got up to make another!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Used to bring a pint of water but I woke up in the middle of the night parched only to find the cats head stuck in the glass and him lapping away at it - wonder how long that had been going on for before I copped it? :eek:

These days I bring a bottle instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Pint of water each night. The rum bottle is always at the side of the bed anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

I used always bring a glass of water with me to bed until one night in Australia I discovered a large cockroach floating in it, I was only saved from accidently drinking it as I decided to go to the bathroom first and on my way back to bed spotted it.

Now I fill a bottle instead, much less chance of chocking on a disgusting insect in the middle of the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 eoin.obrien1

Usually bring pint of water/Mi Wadi for when I wake up

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,262 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

benwavner wrote: »
    Capri-Sun / Orangina.......same same different package.

They should only be drank ice cold too.

What the hell have you been eating/smoking/drinking that your taste buds are that messed up? :confused:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

I go to bed to sleep. Can't understand people who bring a glass of water to the sack. Do you bring a glass of anything to the cot?

Not really, but I usually have bottle of sparkling water next to the bed.
    Nothing worse than waking up in te middle of the night with your mouth tasting like something died in it a week ago, or a dry throat with nothing to remedy it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Pilotdude5

I don't want to unnecessarily alarm you or others who reported the same thing here but that could be a symptom of various illnesses.

Nah its probably my alcohol problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Sleeping as I do with my mouth open, if I wake up I'm quite parched.

Sooo... its a cup of O/J every night.

Advertisement