Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Threadmill suggestions

Options
  • 02-11-2012 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭

Given things are becoming even busier i need to upgrade and introduce more threadmill running into my training. Have any of you any experience or suggestions on what and where to buy?
    Ideally it will facilitate running up to speeds of 20/22kmph to allow for interval/faster work and have the ability to programe sessions into it.
    Fire away with some suggestions folks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056763026

Thread on the dark side about treadmills.

I picked up one from Fitness World last year and looking at the selection, the Nordic track T19 or T20 are the base models giving up to 22kph. All feature pre-programmed sessions but you can also get the iFit SD cards which are pre-loaded with Sufferfest type workouts, so you could run the New York marathon and follow your progress on Google maps etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Here's a thread with more feedback: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=63150274

I've a Horizon that I use for recovery runs and some progression runs, only goes to 16 km/h and 10% incline, it's great for rolling out of bed on double days. Honestly if you are thinking of doing sessions in the 20-22 km/h range you should go for a commercial grade one, there's some good value in the 2nd market with Gyms closing. Otherwise it could be a false economy with replaced motors and decks, etc.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

JB, for pity's sake. Its TREADMILL. :)

I have one. I hate it. I have run in thunder and lightening in preference to it. When buying, consider the size of the motor and the width of the belt over any computer bells and whistles, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

A thread about treadmills.

Advertisement