Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Treadmill??

Options
  • 24-09-2012 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I know this has been asked a lot but the posts are quite old now..

I have been thinking of buying a treadmill for a few weeks now cos the weather has become so rubbish lately and looks set to get even worse. I had cruciate knee surgery a year ago so looking a good machine that would be well cushioned and easy on the joints..

I was looking in Elverys and they have a few models but I'm not sure what is best and is it worth paying the extra few hundred euro for some of the higher spec machines.

Here are the models:

Nordic Track T15 €1099
    ProForm 700 ZLT €599
    Elvery 500 €499

I also looked at one on adverts.ie that looked good but not sure of the make either, York Aspire for €650.

What do you recommend?

Cheers,
    mcquaim

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭gearoidol

i have a nordic track t18.Fantastic bit of kit.Have ran half my weekly runs about 30km a week on it for a year with out it missing a beat.I believe the t15 is very similar

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭mcquaim

gearoidol wrote: »
    i have a nordic track t18.Fantastic bit of kit.Have ran half my weekly runs about 30km a week on it for a year with out it missing a beat.I believe the t15 is very similar

Thanks for the reply! You reckon it's worth the extra 400-500?

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭gearoidol

mcquaim wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply! You reckon it's worth the extra 400-500?

i purchased it from fitness super store uk during a sale for €1000 euro delivered.It doesnt matter where you purchase it from the warranty is over the phone/send out an engineer anyways.
    A friend purchased the pro form a couple of weeks ago and it does look like a fine machine but i dont believe it to be as big and roomy as the t18.
    The t18 does require alot of room when unfolded though and there was no way i could have it upstairs either.

I have a good bit of room outside in the garage so the size won't matter a lot.. I'd just like to get something that will last a good few years and won't wreck my knees in the process!

I must have a look on that website to compare prices..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

I got a Nordic Track last year from a Blackrock based company mostly for offsite presentations, though it is 'stored' in my spare room and I get to use it occasionally.

Good unit, prompt delivery. Happy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,137 ✭✭✭rom

You could try on adverts, buy and sell or similar as these are things that people buy with the best intension and use 4 or 5 times and sell them for half price 6 months later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 janinefiona

York aspire is half price in argos at the minute.

I bought the Nordictrack T15 from Elvery's in sale for €899, really good treadmill.

One downside was the setup was poor. I signed the form to say everything was 100% when they installed it initially and after 1 run on it the belt started making an horendous rubbing noise. I ran Icon (the support crowd) and they said to look at the manual, not very helpful. I looked at the manual and it said to adjust the belt etc.

Anyway, it appeared that the two adjustment keys at the bottom when at completely different angles causing the belt to rub off one of the belt guides. I had to loosen them out fully and then gradually tighten both to have them even and then also to align the belt.

Now thankfully much better but still makes a small rubbing noise, a lot better though. Icon look like being rubbish though, the only answer I kept geting was to look in the manual..

Advertisement