Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyson Fury vs. Denis Boytsov

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

He has a good record plenty of ko's there as well, could well be the best Fury has faced yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭badabing106

Definitely the best, ranked number 7 and wlads next mandatory I think. Who ever wins, gets a shot at world titles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭endswell

that's class - with perez chagaev in the mix that's two "irish" vs two russians on the same night both in eliminators. crackin night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

It would be incredibly stupid for Fury to fight Wlad within the next two-three years. He's 24 and there's absolutely no reason to build himself up properly and wait for Wlad to become an easier target.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭megadodge

This is a dangerous fight for Fury.
    It's by no means certain he'll win.
    Boystov is dangerous from mid-range (somewhat Tysonesque in style), but is giving away 8-9 inches in height.
    It's an intriguing matchup and if Fury's not in tip-top shape I'd expect him to lose late on or on points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭badabing106

I must say it is very refreshing to see young genuine heavy weigh potentials face each other like this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Wild_Dogger

megadodge wrote: »
    This is a dangerous fight for Fury.
    It's by no means certain he'll win.

I'm pretty sure he'll lose this one .
    Fury's not all that he is made out to be. Only a matter of time before he got exposed .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I'm pretty sure he'll lose this one .
    Fury's not all that he is made out to be. Only a matter of time before he got exposed .

I thought the only thing Fury was made out to be was an obnoxious, not very integillent blowhard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭yore

dooferoaks wrote: »
    I thought the only thing Fury was made out to be was an obnoxious, not very integillent blowhard

Yeah, I reckon he's not nearly as integillent as the rest of us on here ;)

Only a joke!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

fight is off, surprise surprise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Underground

Jayob10 wrote: »
    fight is off, surprise surprise

why is it off?

Sorry,just seen it there,hopefully they line up a decent replacement.

no surprise at all that,has Fury seen the light

the fight is of paddy powers fight odds

The proposed heavyweight clash between Tyson Fury (19-0, 14 KOs) and Denis Boytsov (31-0, 25 KOs) is off. According to Universum Box-Promotion, the Fury Team rejected the fight, which was to take place December 1 in Northern Ireland.
    Seems to be 2 sides to this story,Boytsov is supposed to have said he would not be ready for that date

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭oc_pl

Fury is very keen to fight David Price. I would love to see that early KO win for price.

oc_pl wrote: »
    Fury is very keen to fight David Price. I would love to see that early KO win for price.

would,nt we all

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭el flaco

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭sxt

I would favour Tyson Fury to beat Price when they meet . They may not meet for a year or two. Tyson is way ahead on experience and is looking to push on ahead and test himself against a quality opponent in Boystov. Price is a protected commodity/fighter who has never been tested .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

What is it with everyone jumping on the Price bandwagon lately i mean the guy has indeed shown promise but lets be fair everyone he has fought was a total bum i mean Fraudly, Sam Sexton and John McDermott not exactly top fighters also everyone is forgeting Fury is still very young for a heavyweight and give him credit he beat Chisora who was robbed against Helenius and who went the distance with Vitali, Fury is improving all the time and i dont think that him and Price is a clear result and as one sided as people make out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Boooourns

What is it with everyone jumping on the Price bandwagon lately i mean the guy has indeed shown promise but lets be fair everyone he has fought was a total bum i mean Fraudly, Sam Sexton and John McDermott not exactly top fighters also everyone is forgeting Fury is still very young for a heavyweight and give him credit he beat Chisora who was robbed against Helenius and who went the distance with Vitali, Fury is improving all the time and i dont think that him and Price is a clear result and as one sided as people make out

Did you see the size of Chisora in that fight?

• Advertisement

Boooourns wrote: »
    Did you see the size of Chisora in that fight?
    Well yeah ok he was out of shape but Fury still fought well, i am not saying that Fury is by any means great i just dont see how price can be held in such high regard haveing fought complete bums i mean Fury would beat everyone price has, also i was wondering why everyone is saying fury is ducking price i though fury offered price the fight before he was signed to fight Rogan or am i wrong can anyone tell me what evidence their is to say fury is scared of price or is it just both fighters thinking that much more can be made when they are both further along or one of them is champion

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Boytsov is probably a little better than Fury in a p4p sense but he's just too small to contend with Fury imo. He has an outside chance of stopping him, I simply cannot see him winning rounds with Fury's jab in his face all night.

I'm gonna take Fury on points. He has seemed to take a more methodical approach to his fights since being hurt and knocked down in two successive fights against guys who aren't known to be big punchers. He was very patient against Rogan and I was pretty impressed with the performance regardless of how limited Rogan is.

It should be a good fight. Fury's better experience will stand to him. Boytsov has been feasting on bums since turning pro, this is a massive step up for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

The fact he vacated that belt when he had to fight Price as his mandatory would suggest the total opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Fury's record is hardly a who's who of heavyweight talent either.....

Price by early ko for me.

djhaxman wrote: »
    Fury's record is hardly a who's who of heavyweight talent either.....

Price by early ko for me.
    Well Fury was at least trying to fight a decent fighter look who Price is fighting next Skelton when is he going to step up and fight someone of class he aint got all day to wait around either he is only 2 years younger then Haye so i dont get why he hasnt gone up in class yet why his he still fighting bums

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Well Fury was at least trying to fight a decent fighter look who Price is fighting next Skelton when is he going to step up and fight someone of class he aint got all day to wait around either he is only 2 years younger then Haye so i dont get why he hasnt gone up in class yet why his he still fighting bums

Yeah I was a bit surprised to see Skelton as a next opponent myself, and said the same after his last fight that Price needs to step up. I just don't think Fury could handle Price's power if/when they meet, he looks to be one of the hardest hitting heavyweights around.

djhaxman wrote: »
    Yeah I was a bit surprised to see Skelton as a next opponent myself, and said the same after his last fight that Price needs to step up. I just don't think Fury could handle Price's power if/when they meet, he looks to be one of the hardest hitting heavyweights around.
    Yeah i think there is no debate about that Price has real power, i just think you cant judge a fighter till they have had a real test against a quality fighter which Price has not, its one thing to knock out bums but until price has a real test against someone who is there to win and not just for a payday im not buying into the hype

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Tyson to fight Kevin Johnson on Dec 1st show now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Fury in against Kevin Johnson on the first of decemeber according to various interweb sites...good enough fight to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭el flaco

Jaysoose wrote: »
    Fury in against Kevin Johnson on the first of decemeber according to various interweb sites...good enough fight to be fair.

He lost in the final of Prize Fighter so he's no Mike Tyson, but even Vitali couldn't put him down so it should give him a decent test in one respect. Decent enough fight at relatively short notice.

Advertisement