Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Issues

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭eirman

I noticed that my Parcel Model UK & Irish addresses are both 8 lines long. I know that this will cause problems on some websites.
    Is it okay to combine My Name & PMnnnnn

Also .... Any chance of a Louth location ?

EDIT: I just saw some mention of Dundalk on twitter .... Any hope for ardee or drogheda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

eirman wrote: »
    I noticed that my Parcel Model UK & Irish addresses are both 8 lines long. I know that this will cause problems on some websites.
    Is it okay to combine My Name & PMnnnnn

Also .... Any chance of a Louth location ?

EDIT: I just saw some mention of Dundalk on twitter .... Any hope for ardee or drogheda

Yes no problem to put your name and PMID on the same line if you are given limited space. Dundalk Parcel Motel has arrived at the Topaz but we need a few days for commissioning and testing. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for live updates. Drogheda coming soon, I don't have exact dates yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Lewiblaze

I'm having a problem with them i ordered things via hmv for normal post yet i have not received anyword from parcelmotel even tho they where shipped a long time now about 1 week, from uk shouldn't parcel motel have gotten them by now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

It could be just delayed from Royal Mail end .
    Have you tried contacting HMV about it ?

Jarren wrote: »
    It could be just delayed from Royal Mail end .
    Have you tried contacting HMV about it ?

• Advertisement

Lewiblaze wrote: »

Please PM me your PMID and I will check if we've received anything for you.

Please PM me your PMID and I will check if we've received anything for you.

Ok sending you a pm now.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Anchises

From post by Orla:
    If and item is oversized but less that 25kgs (actual or dimenstional weight) it can be collected from our depot in Finglas (and soon our other depots nationwide) at no additional charge.

Sounds like a great service. Do you have a schedule for the roll out to your other depots, esp Cork ?

A.

Anchises wrote: »
    From post by Orla:

Sounds like a great service. Do you have a schedule for the roll out to your other depots, esp Cork ?

A.

Yes, you can now collect from any Nightline Depot including Cork. :)

Just 1 more question :0

If I choose to pay for an online sale and also your account with Paypal, do i need to register the Parcel Motel postal address with Paypal
    as my shipping address ? Parcels are normally shipped to my home address, which Paypal have, and they forward that address to the online seller as the destination address...

A.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

It's very simple and straighforward to put the PM address into Paypal, and if needed into E-bay, or whoever.

Been using it for a number of months now, and no problems with any sellers or Paypal

System works very well, have had items in the box at Ashbourne on same day as they arrive in Belfast, can't get better than that.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Thanks Steve :)

A.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 82 ✭✭aman23

I recently purchased something from Amazon and had it delivered via Parcel Motel. Personally I was extremely happy with the service.

In my case I had ordered an item which would not ship to an Irish address so I availed of the option of entering the Parcel Motel Antrim address. So nevermind using the service to get free or reduced shipping, if not for Parcel Motel I wouldn't have been able to recieve my item at all!

This is by no means a new, or unique service! other company's have been doing this for years, without the tiny postboxes of course.
    http://www.deliverme.ie/

aman23 wrote: »
    This is by no means a new, or unique service! other company's have been doing this for years, without the tiny postboxes of course.
    http://www.deliverme.ie/

€22 per item? I think I'll stick with Parcel Motel, thanks.

Karsini wrote: »
    €22 per item? I think I'll stick with Parcel Motel, thanks.

i didn't say it was cheaper!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

aman23 wrote: »
    i didn't say it was cheaper!:rolleyes:

True, but the "tiny postboxes" opinion clearly invited comparison and an appropriate response.

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    True, but the "tiny postboxes" opinion clearly invited comparison and an appropriate response.

comparison on size, then! not cost! And 41 X 38 X 64 cm, is not an opinion. its a fact:P

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭kildaremum

Does anyone know if there is a Nightline Depot in Kildare where I can collect an oversize parcel rather than drive to Finglas please.

p.s. I've just checked the website and see that there is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,133 ✭✭✭plodder

This is a fantastic service. Well done to whoever thought it up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

is it worth using PM to get a jacket shipped from the UK? P&P for UK shipping is £3.95, and £12.99 for Ireland..... Not a huge difference really....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Not a huge difference it's a saving of about €8 after pm fees?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

sorry I was saying that comment sarcastic. of course any savings helps

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭rsmike

Ditto on the bad experience with Parcel Motel. Had a printer delivered from Amazon to them in Belfast as the Amazon seller did not ship to Ireland. Though its a small printer it turned out the box was oversize and so they could not deliver it to my designated Parcel Motel in Cork. OK, I was unlucky, but I thought I might still get my printer eventually and I could pick it up in Cork.

3 days after it was delivered to Nightline in Belfast I got an e-mail that just said "Please collect your oversized Parcel Motel package at Nightline, Unit 5 Mygan Pk, Finglas, Dublin", no other details except their telephone number.

I called it and said I would like to collect the parcel from their Cork depot, to which the response was, "Sorry, its in our Dublin depot, you will have to collect it from there".

I said, "but, I'm supposed to be able to collect it from any of your depots in Ireland", reply: "Ummm, I'll pass you through to our packaging dept, pause, Sorry, their very busy, I'll have to get then to call you back"

UPDATE: Once I e-mailed Parcel Motel customer support, the experience improved a lot, It seems the staff I dealt with on the phone were not up to speed on the procedure for oversize parcels. Ruth replied to my e-mail immediately and had my parcel in the Cork depot by 9 the following morning.
    Makes me wonder if they provided a link to an online form in their "oversize e-mail". Then you could click and select your preferred delivery depot from a list, might save some hassle for them and the customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭GearMaven

When I tried to enter PM address in my Amazon account, it kept wanting to correct the address as "Nightline" instead of "Parcel Motel." Is it still appropriate to enter "Parcel Motel"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Haven't seen that happen on amazon but anyway parcel motel is nightline so my guess would be it would work. Would at least try and add parcel motel to it (and of course your name and PMID).

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭joebre

My wife went to collect a delivery for me today. Brought the package home and opened it. It was a bottle of perfume and was not for us. I presume the person named on the envelope has my package. What am I supposed to do about it. Has this happened to anybody before ?
    Will post of their FB page as well !

• Registered Users Posts: 30 megamonsterboy

I have used PM about 18 times in the past 10 weeks and found them to very good, I had an oversized package delivered yesterday and I collected it in Finglas last night

I've had one bad experience, I ordered a christmas present for Santa which arrived with them in NI on the 11th of December, but when I rang then looking for it on the 18th, they couldn't find it. it took them 48 hours to check their warehouse, but no luck. I had to but the item in Dublin for twice the price, but then may I should have ordered it before the rush started

The issue I have is, it arrived this morning !!!!

I don't want it now, I got another one at twice the price, remember?

What cover do PM have for late deliveries, can I request a full refund or do I have to accept that the parcel arrived, even though I was told they lost it

PS. Because of the sales the price online is now half what if was

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

What cover do PM have for late deliveries, can I request a full refund or do I have to accept that the parcel arrived, even though I was told they lost it

PS. Because of the sales the price online is now half what if was

You could request a full refund....for the price of 3.50e,

Its not Parcel Motels job to refund you for the item cost like you might want,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭kildaremum

One would think Parcel Motel would have some responsibility here if they signed for and accepted a parcel on 11th December and then misplaced it for nearly 1 month and told you it was lost. You checked with them, they searched their warehouse for 48 hrs (?). I would contact their Customer Service Dept, if they have one, and see what they say - 1 month is not really a reasonable time frame.

Advertisement