Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anchorman's Betting Bonanza!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Couple of bets tonight:

Arsenal v Man City - Bet 365 are doing the 50 free bet - undecided on what to bet on in the game but will probably bet 50 on the draw pre game.

I am thinking of doing something like Both teams to score in the first half at 3/1 inplay but not sure yet. Will come back with the bet later.

went with the 50 draw pre bet and bet 50 on Man City to lead at half time .. obviously not a winner on either one. Bad bet on City really but sure look I thought they started well and might sneak one.

Such is life!

Bowl Season now in College football starting to get amped up for the games .. going to be a busy few weeks ahead!

I should have put in my picks here last night but I took Toledo on a small bet last night at 13/10. Wont include for purposes of the blog.

Dec. 23

San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl
    Boise State vs. Northern Illinois ( Taking Northern Illinois +9.5 for 50
    San Diego | Qualcomm Stadium
    4:30 p.m. on ESPN

GoDaddy Bowl
    Georgia Southern vs. Bowling Green ( Taking Bowling Green -7 for 100
    Mobile, Alabama | Ladd-Peebles Stadium
    8 p.m. on ESPN

Double on both of the above - 100

couple of bets I like tonight:

Genoa & Sampdoria - Draw 100

Stoke to beat Liverpool - 100

Going to treble these up with - Kansas State to win outright against Texas in College BBall - 50

Back to football today :

Draws - Empoli/Inter, Palermo/Fiorentina, Betis/Sevilla & Everton/Man City - 10 Accy and 10 trebs

25 Accy - Roma -1, Napoli -1, Lazio -1, Juve -2

Going to expand this Log a little to give some insight into the bets I make:

This weekend the NFL gets to the business end of the Championship.

Kansas City Chiefs @NE Patriots

Around week 6 when the Patriots were unbeaten and the Chiefs were 1-5 not many would have penned this game as a possibility. The Chiefs have rolled off eleven wins on the trot though and will arrive in Foxborough in confident mood. Alex Smith has protected the ball well all season but he may be missing his best WR in Jeremy Maclin. The question is though will that really matter? The Chiefs have some playmakers in West, Ware and Kelce but they have a QB who can move around the pocket, extend plays with his legs and run for first downs. If the Patriots are to win here I think they must stop Smith moving in the pocket. I don't think they are going to be able to do that and I think Smith has enough team players to get the win here. In addition to what Smith can do offensively the Chiefs have arguably the best defence in the NFL right now and they face a banged up Patriots offence. Tom Brady is dealing with a high ankle sprain, Rob Gronkowski is not 100% with a knee problem, Edelman is still questionable and hasn't played a game since breaking his foot against the Giants on Nov 15. No matter how much he has recovered there is bound to be some rust. In addition the Patriots have struggled over the closing weeks of the season. Bill and Tom are one of the best HC/QB combinations ever but it's tough for me to see the Patriots get it done in this spot. Getting Kansas as 7 point underdogs looks a gift and I will be on the moneyline as well.

Pick: (5 Units) Kansas City to win @2/1, (10 Unit) Kansas City +7, (2 Units) Kansas City -7

Pittsburgh @ Denver
    Big Ben is hurt, playing one of the best defences in the league and his main man receiver Antonio Brown is in the concussion protocol for the week. Take the Broncos here. Peyton Manning is back and he's playing against the worst defence in the league for covering WR's, expect to see plenty of Sanders, Thomas and new TE Vernon Davis. This one could get ugly.

Pick: (5 Units) Denver -6.5

Going to do a small accumulator on the 4 games as well -

Kansas, Seattle, Cardinals & Denver - (2 Units)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

Agree with you on KC overturning NE. Especially if their pass rush to can get to Brady. The NE OL was poor the last few games of the regular season. The weather is also supposed to be poor there on Saturday so it may be worth looking at. 42 seems a bit high. Will probably go with a KC/under myself.

The line of -7.5 looks tempting on the Cardinals. Also fancy the Seahwaks to beat the Panthers.

Going to expand this Log a little to give some insight into the bets I make:

This weekend the NFL gets to the business end of the Championship.

Kansas City Chiefs @NE Patriots

Around week 6 when the Patriots were unbeaten and the Chiefs were 1-5 not many would have penned this game as a possibility. The Chiefs have rolled off eleven wins on the trot though and will arrive in Foxborough in confident mood. Alex Smith has protected the ball well all season but he may be missing his best WR in Jeremy Maclin. The question is though will that really matter? The Chiefs have some playmakers in West, Ware and Kelce but they have a QB who can move around the pocket, extend plays with his legs and run for first downs. If the Patriots are to win here I think they must stop Smith moving in the pocket. I don't think they are going to be able to do that and I think Smith has enough team players to get the win here. In addition to what Smith can do offensively the Chiefs have arguably the best defence in the NFL right now and they face a banged up Patriots offence. Tom Brady is dealing with a high ankle sprain, Rob Gronkowski is not 100% with a knee problem, Edelman is still questionable and hasn't played a game since breaking his foot against the Giants on Nov 15. No matter how much he has recovered there is bound to be some rust. In addition the Patriots have struggled over the closing weeks of the season. Bill and Tom are one of the best HC/QB combinations ever but it's tough for me to see the Patriots get it done in this spot. Getting Kansas as 7 point underdogs looks a gift and I will be on the moneyline as well.

Pick: (5 Units) Kansas City to win @2/1, (10 Unit) Kansas City +7, (2 Units) Kansas City -7

Pittsburgh @ Denver
    Big Ben is hurt, playing one of the best defences in the league and his main man receiver Antonio Brown is in the concussion protocol for the week. Take the Broncos here. Peyton Manning is back and he's playing against the worst defence in the league for covering WR's, expect to see plenty of Sanders, Thomas and new TE Vernon Davis. This one could get ugly.

Pick: (5 Units) Denver -6.5

Going to do a small accumulator on the 4 games as well -

Kansas, Seattle, Cardinals & Denver - (2 Units)

Kansas game was not a success obviously, the Patriots too much know how and some friendly officiating but at least we got a push on the 10 unit bet.

Denver hung in there for a win to give us a covering bet on the -6.5.

Not a great weekend 24 Units ventured , 20 returned.

Tonight Watford travel to Swansea in the Monday night football. Swansea are currently 7/5 favourites for the game. This is a typical game in which bookmakers feel the teams are evenly matched and they price it up based on the home team should have an advantage because they are at home.

In my opinion this one is a coinflip and if I was to side with anyone it would be Watford. I'm not going big on this game though as given the current league standings we have the relegation battle thrown in there and the greater need being with Swansea.

I'm taking Watford to win small bet and having a medium sized bet on Watford +1 Asian Handicap.

(2 Units) Watford to win (5 Units) Watford +1 Asian Handicap

College Basketball tonight:

Purdue -11 - it's a big handicap but we have a home team in Purdue who are putting up big numbers and an Ohio state team that is really struggling on the road
    (1 Unit) Purdue -11

Tennessee Tech (SU) personally I think the line should be inverted here Tennessee Tech as underdogs doesn't make sense to me, look for Rowe to take this game to Morehead State
    (5 unit)

Last but by no means least I think Stanford will take Arizona tonight in a top 25 showdown. Getting 6 points with the home side here has to be a strong play for me.
    (3 unit) Stanford +6

Purdue -11 - it's a big handicap but we have a home team in Purdue who are putting up big numbers and an Ohio state team that is really struggling on the road
    (1 Unit) Purdue -11

Tennessee Tech (SU) personally I think the line should be inverted here Tennessee Tech as underdogs doesn't make sense to me, look for Rowe to take this game to Morehead State
    (5 unit)

Last but by no means least I think Stanford will take Arizona tonight in a top 25 showdown. Getting 6 points with the home side here has to be a strong play for me.
    (3 unit) Stanford +6

(1 Unit) Purdue -11

(5 unit)

(3 unit) Stanford +6

Purdue game a push

Tennessee Tech a big let down after leading by three at halftime but such is life.

Stanford were well in the game just a point down at the half and looking like they could have been ahead unfortunately Arizona's quality down the stretch seen them pull away.

Not a good evening - 8 Unit Loss

Tonight:

Hamburg v Bayern

While Bayern have been sensational this season I like Hamburg on the Handicap here in the first half. Bayern have been less than their brilliant selves on the road this season and have struggled at times against the blanket defences. Hamburg are not a great team but they did manage to beat a very good Dortmund team at home. While I'm not taking Hamburg to win the game I'm taking them +0.5 on the first half Asian handicap. Of course if Bayern score early this one could get ugly but I'm relying on Hamburg making things difficult, packing the midfield and throwing themselves into takes

(5 Units) Hamburg +0.5 Asian Handicap @ 3.25,
    (2 Units) Hamburg to lead at halftime @10/1

• Advertisement

Purdue game a push

Tennessee Tech a big let down after leading by three at halftime but such is life.

Stanford were well in the game just a point down at the half and looking like they could have been ahead unfortunately Arizona's quality down the stretch seen them pull away.

Not a good evening - 8 Unit Loss

Tonight:

Hamburg v Bayern

While Bayern have been sensational this season I like Hamburg on the Handicap here in the first half. Bayern have been less than their brilliant selves on the road this season and have struggled at times against the blanket defences. Hamburg are not a great team but they did manage to beat a very good Dortmund team at home. While I'm not taking Hamburg to win the game I'm taking them +0.5 on the first half Asian handicap. Of course if Bayern score early this one could get ugly but I'm relying on Hamburg making things difficult, packing the midfield and throwing themselves into takes

(5 Units) Hamburg +0.5 Asian Handicap @ 3.25,
    (2 Units) Hamburg to lead at halftime @10/1

Tough loss.. Hamburg played really well .. came away with nothing but deserved more.

Tonight:
    Warriors -13 (5 Units) - Simply too good for an average Pacers side and they get their coach back tonight. I'll take Warriors -20 on a prop bet if I can get bigger than 5/2

Clippers SU (3 Units) - should have too much going forward for the Knicks

Chicago Su (2 Units) - Looking for the bounce back after the embarrassing loss to GS

Dallas +6 (2Units)- tough game against a good OKC but I think Dallas are good competitors this season they may not get the win here at home but I think they cover the spread

1 Unit - Accy all of the above and 1 Unit trebs

Tough loss.. Hamburg played really well .. came away with nothing but deserved more.

Tonight:
    Warriors -13 (5 Units) - Simply too good for an average Pacers side and they get their coach back tonight. I'll take Warriors -20 on a prop bet if I can get bigger than 5/2

Clippers SU (3 Units) - should have too much going forward for the Knicks

Chicago Su (2 Units) - Looking for the bounce back after the embarrassing loss to GS

Dallas +6 (2Units)- tough game against a good OKC but I think Dallas are good competitors this season they may not get the win here at home but I think they cover the spread

1 Unit - Accy all of the above and 1 Unit trebs

Warriors let me down although the line was 12.5(they won by 12, a sickener!)

Clippers and Dallas came through and Chicago fell flat.

15 Units wagered 10 returned, not terrible.

I had a good NFL weekend but wasn't on line to pop it up.

Tonight:

Burnley straight up 5 units at 8/5, Solid team Burnley playing very well and I think this could be a cracking game. Derby are solid as well and this wont be easy but I like the price on Burnley at home think there is loads of value so taking it.

5 Units Burnley to win both teams to score, increased odds to 5/1 in Ladbrokes makes this one a value play.

Having a small €5 bet on Sam Vokes to score first and Burnley to win 2-1 at 40/1 ( was a free bet on the game)

Some Basketball tonight as well :

Wizards (2 Units) SU against Boston

Bulls & Cavas & Kings (1 Unit in a SU treble)

Game of the week and possibly season thus far will take place tonight as the Spurs travel to the Warriors. Warriors are warm favourites -5.5, I like the Spurs in this spot. While the Warriors are quality they are a little knocked about recently and the Spurs are just one of those teams that are really difficult to put away. The two best teams in the NBA going at it tonight so this wont be a big play but I'm going with the Spurs to get the win and will have a nice bet on them to cover the spread.

(2 Unit) Spurs to win (7 Units) Spurs +5.5

Some Basketball tonight as well :

Wizards (2 Units) SU against Boston

Bulls & Cavas & Kings (1 Unit in a SU treble)

Game of the week and possibly season thus far will take place tonight as the Spurs travel to the Warriors. Warriors are warm favourites -5.5, I like the Spurs in this spot. While the Warriors are quality they are a little knocked about recently and the Spurs are just one of those teams that are really difficult to put away. The two best teams in the NBA going at it tonight so this wont be a big play but I'm going with the Spurs to get the win and will have a nice bet on them to cover the spread.

(2 Unit) Spurs to win (7 Units) Spurs +5.5

So annoying I just did up a big update on this and tonights bets!! Aaarrrggh

From last night's bets - Burnley bets returned 43 Units Basketball Bets -12 Units - Giving a net return of 31 Units on the night, 21 Units Profit

Tonight:

5 Unit double on Nottingham Forrest and Brentford. I feel like both home teams have an edge here and QPR's profligacy in front of goal will cost them again

College Basketball:

Texas Tech +15 against Oklahoma, this is just too many points. Yes Oklahoma is now number 1 in the country, last time that happened they lost outright. They wont lose here but Texas will keep it close enough to cover the number, Tech just don't get blown away and I'll be surprised if it's more than 10. (3 Units)

Wisconsin v Indiana - Tough line at -1.5 for the away ranked team Indiana but the play here is on the totals. The line is currently set at 141.5 , it seems way too high to me. These two played a defensive barnstormer a couple of weeks ago that finished 59-58. I don't see there being a 24 point difference tonight and I am going big on the unders - (7 Units)

So annoying I just did up a big update on this and tonights bets!! Aaarrrggh

From last night's bets - Burnley bets returned 43 Units Basketball Bets -12 Units - Giving a net return of 31 Units on the night, 21 Units Profit

Tonight:

5 Unit double on Nottingham Forrest and Brentford. I feel like both home teams have an edge here and QPR's profligacy in front of goal will cost them again

College Basketball:

Texas Tech +15 against Oklahoma, this is just too many points. Yes Oklahoma is now number 1 in the country, last time that happened they lost outright. They wont lose here but Texas will keep it close enough to cover the number, Tech just don't get blown away and I'll be surprised if it's more than 10. (3 Units)

Wisconsin v Indiana - Tough line at -1.5 for the away ranked team Indiana but the play here is on the totals. The line is currently set at 141.5 , it seems way too high to me. These two played a defensive barnstormer a couple of weeks ago that finished 59-58. I don't see there being a 24 point difference tonight and I am going big on the unders - (7 Units)

Everything lost 15 Units down .. took overtime to screw the unders bet and Wisconsin ended up getting the upset win. Texas Tech were terrible from start to finish. Fair play to OK for piling it on!

Back at it tonight:

Man City v Everton - Overs
    Juve v Inter - Unders
    Atletico v Celta Vigo - Unders

5 Unit treble on the above

College Basketball -

I like Virgina Tech straight up tonight against Louisville, but I am going to take the +8 as it's too big to ignore. Solid team that should at least cover the number we might get a juicy winner on the money line as well.

(8 Units) VT +8 (2 Unit) VU - SU

Clemson & Boise State money line double. Boise State are underdogs to UNLV but I think they get the win here as they are the better team. Clemson should have too much offence for a good Pittsburgh team but it will be tight. Good value on the double.

(3 Units)

Back at it tonight:

Man City v Everton - Overs
    Juve v Inter - Unders
    Atletico v Celta Vigo - Unders

5 Unit treble on the above

College Basketball -

I like Virgina Tech straight up tonight against Louisville, but I am going to take the +8 as it's too big to ignore. Solid team that should at least cover the number we might get a juicy winner on the money line as well.

(8 Units) VT +8 (2 Unit) VU - SU

Clemson & Boise State money line double. Boise State are underdogs to UNLV but I think they get the win here as they are the better team. Clemson should have too much offence for a good Pittsburgh team but it will be tight. Good value on the double.

(3 Units)

The VT line actually drifted to +10.5 I didn't quite get that but I did get +9.5 and that was enough to cover as they lost by 8.

Cant explain Boise's second half collapse. Led by 8 at the half only to lose by 10. Sick as Clemson won easy in the end.

Staked 18 returned 16 .. another disappointing night.

More College Basketball -

Notre Dame +4 (2 Unit)
    Iowa+4 (5 Unit)
    Florida International -3 (5 Unit)
    Southern Illinois +1.5 (2 UNit)
    Oregan +7.5 (3 Unit)
    Oregan State +5.5 (5 Unit)

Thinking for above, we have a lot of better teams getting points .. always value there so have to take it.

Going to have a 1 Unit trebs and Accy on

Notre Dame, Iowa, FI & Oregan State all straight up

Making some adjustments ,as always , to allow for the insanity of March madness approaching.

Will pop in some bets over the next couple of weeks but will be keeping the powder dry until March madness begins :)

Meanwhile: Some season long or mid season accy's

Juventus to win Serie A 4/6
    Vardy to win TGS 9/4
    Denver to win SB 9/5
    Djokovic to win the Golden Slam 7/1
    Wales to win the Six Nations 10/3
    Maryland to win Big Ten 11/4
    Smad Place 12/1

I'll be doing 1 Accy, 1six folds and 1 five folds

Meanwhile: Some season long or mid season accy's

Juventus to win Serie A 4/6
    Vardy to win TGS 9/4
    Denver to win SB 9/5
    Djokovic to win the Golden Slam 7/1
    Wales to win the Six Nations 10/3 9/4
    Maryland to win Big Ten 11/4
    Smad Place 12/1

I'll be doing 1 Accy, 1six folds and 1 five folds

A good start to the long bet - Denver had an easy win in the end and Wales getting a draw in Ireland probably a decent start for them.

• Advertisement

Bet 365 have the wonderful free 50 bet offer today on the PSG v Chelsea game -

Pre game - Chelsea over 3.5 corners at 4/6

In game - Not sure yet but I'm going to go for something crazy like Chelsea HT/PSG FT at 22/1 or Maybe Hazard to score first and PSG to win 3-1 at 170/1 :)

If not why not!

Bet 365 have the wonderful free 50 bet offer today on the PSG v Chelsea game -

Pre game - Chelsea over 3.5 corners at 4/6

In game - Not sure yet but I'm going to go for something crazy like Chelsea HT/PSG FT at 22/1 or Maybe Hazard to score first and PSG to win 3-1 at 170/1 :)

If not why not!

Went for the Chelsea over 3.5 corner pre game - terrible decision finished on 3.

Went for the draw in the game ..

I just am not using these bets well at all .. loss of 50 on the whole.

Aaargh

Tonight though:
    Fiorentina/Tottenham, Sporting/Leverkusen, Villareal/Napoli & Galatasaray/Lazio - All Draws - 5 trebs and 5 accy

I also stuck on a"Millionaire" Bet for a laugh this evening;
    Dortmund, Seville, MU, Liverpool, Marseille, Rapid Vienna Draws in Spurs, Lazio, Anderlecht, St Etienne, Sporting, Napoli

Just 10c on the accy, 11folds and 10 folds - Cost about €10.40

Went for the Chelsea over 3.5 corner pre game - terrible decision finished on 3.

Went for the draw in the game ..

I just am not using these bets well at all .. loss of 50 on the whole.

Aaargh

Tonight though:
    Fiorentina/Tottenham, Sporting/Leverkusen, Villareal/Napoli & Galatasaray/Lazio - All Draws - 5 trebs and 5 accy

Close but not quite close enough!

Tonight :

Bordeaux/Nice, Frankfurt/Hamburg, Bologna/Juve and Clermont/Niort - All Draws - 5 trebs & 5 accy

Some bets for the weekend:

Cardiff double chance - 5 Units
    Brentford double chance - 5 Units

Borussia Mochengladbach to win - 10 Units

For Fun Maker:
    €10 on Bolton/QPR draw, Bristol City, Cardiff/Brighton draw, Brentford, Montpellier, Borussia Mochengladbach, Wolves, Arsenal, Burnley, Inter Milan,

Close but not quite close enough!

Tonight :

Bordeaux/Nice, Frankfurt/Hamburg, Bologna/Juve and Clermont/Niort - All Draws - 5 trebs & 5 accy

Treble returns 208

Some bets for the weekend:

Cardiff double chance - 5 Units
    Brentford double chance - 5 Units

Borussia Mochengladbach to win - 10 Units

For Fun Maker:
    €10 on Bolton/QPR draw, Bristol City, Cardiff/Brighton draw, Brentford, Montpellier, Borussia Mochengladbach, Wolves, Arsenal, Burnley, Inter Milan,

Cardiff Double Chance returned - 8 units
    Brentford Double chance - 0
    Borrussia Mochengladbach returned -20 Units

Staked 20 returned 28 . Not a bad weekend.

Things going ok on that season long bet will update later in the week:

Tonight:

Arsenal, Cardiff & Brighton - 100

Wolfsburg, Arsenal, Burnley, Ipswich, Boro, Brighton, Dover, Draw QPR/Derby game, Cardiff, Roma +2, Draw Forrest/Preston - A accy and 10 folds - 1

Wolfsburg, Roma +2 - 50

Burnley, Ipswich, Cardiff & Dover - 10 accy and 10 trebs

Things going ok on that season long bet will update later in the week:

Tonight:

Arsenal, Cardiff & Brighton - 100

Wolfsburg, Arsenal, Burnley, Ipswich, Boro, Brighton, Dover, Draw QPR/Derby game, Cardiff, Roma +2, Draw Forrest/Preston - A accy and 10 folds - 1

Wolfsburg, Roma +2 - 50

Burnley, Ipswich, Cardiff & Dover - 10 accy and 10 trebs

not a good night. only return 75 with the Wolfsburg & Roma +2(push)

• Advertisement

not a good night. only return 75 with the Wolfsburg & Roma +2(push)

Went for the Bet 365 50 free bet last night -

First 50 - Corner before 10minute at 8/15

In play bet Chelsea to win on penalties 40/1

First time my pre game bet won in ages! Happy days

returned 76.33 and the money back on the inplay bet so small profit.

Betting that 26.33 on first corner in United/Liverpool before 10, first corner Shakhtar/Anderlecht before 10, first corner Dortmund/Spurs before 10 - Treble on that.

Advertisement