Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anchorman's Betting Bonanza!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

BTTS: 10 Draw: 125 Main Bank:953.39

Bet1: National, Tigers, Rays & Indians - 20 Trebs and 20 Accy - losers
    Bet2: BTTS - Man U v Man City 100 loser
    Bet3: Draw Man U/Man City - 25 loser
    Bet4: Arsenal HT/FT - 100 loser
    Bet5: Everton to win - 100 winner return 225

Right so baseball season is upon us this blog will now become pretty much a baseball only blog. The balance right now is 888.39 I will be using this for the first few month of the baseball season as teams iron out kinks.

I have a seperate baseball bank of €2,000 ready to go should there be no luck with this €888.39 but I'm confident enough I wont have to dip into the baseball bank for a while. I will also be doing a few season long bets before opening day.

Todays bets:

Bet1: Pirates, Tigers, Blue Jays and Royals - €10 Accy and €10 Trebles
    Bet2: Angels, Mariners, REds and Indians - €10 Accy and €10 Trebles
    Bet3: Rockies, Mets, Cubs and Nationals - €10 Accy and €10 Trebles
    Bet4: €1 Accy and €1 eleven folds

Todays bank: 888.39

Bet1: Pirates, Tigers, Blue Jays and Royals - €10 Accy and €10 Trebles return 60.19
    Bet2: Angels, Mariners, REds and Indians - €10 Accy and €10 Trebles Loss
    Bet3: Rockies, Mets, Cubs and Nationals - €10 Accy and €10 Trebles loss
    Bet4: €1 Accy and €1 eleven folds loss

Bank:888.39-163+60.19= 785.58

Bets for today:

Bet1: Nats, Tigers, StL, Oak - 10 accy and 10 trebs
    Bet2: TB, LAA, NYY & Cubs - 10 Accy and 10 Trebs
    Bet3: All of the above & Twins, BlueJays - €1 Accy and €1 ninefolds

Still spring training but I'm expecting more from starters and position guys in this last week. Didnt really work out yesterday but a couple were close with good value. Hopefully it works out today.

Bets for today:

Bet1: Nats, Tigers, StL, Oak - 10 accy and 10 trebs return €60.50
    Bet2: TB, LAA, NYY & Cubs - 10 Accy and 10 Trebs return €384.90
    Bet3: All of the above & Twins, BlueJays - €1 Accy and €1 ninefolds only two wrong but no return! Damn you Twins & Stl!

Still spring training but I'm expecting more from starters and position guys in this last week. Didnt really work out yesterday but a couple were close with good value. Hopefully it works out today.

Bank:785.58-111+445.40= 1119.98

Nice return. Bit unlucky not to click it all but the Twins was probably the only questionable call but I liked the odds against Lackey. I liked St Louis a lot with Wacha on the mound just didnt happen for the bats.

For tonight:
    Bet1: Pirates, Twins, Marlins & Cubs 10 accy and 10 trebs
    Bet2: B Jays, Angels, Oak, Royals - 10 Accy and 10 trebs
    Bet3: all of the above & Padres, Rays - 1 accy and 1 ninefolds

Bank:785.58-111+445.40= 1119.98

For tonight:
    Bet1: Pirates, Twins, Marlins & Cubs 10 accy and 10 trebs return 0
    Bet2: B Jays, Angels, Oak, Royals - 10 Accy and 10 trebs return 70.30
    Bet3: all of the above & Padres, Rays - 1 accy and 1 ninefoldsreturn 0

Bank 1119.98- 112+70.30= 1078.28

Bet1: 25 draw Liverpool/Tottenham
    Bet2: 25 draw Napoli/Juventus
    Bet3: 25 Padres to beat the Dodgers
    Bet4: 25 Washington Capitals to win
    Bet5: Bet1,2,4 Doubles and Trebles - €5 each line

Bank 1119.98- 112+70.30= 1078.28

Bet1: 25 draw Liverpool/Tottenham loser
    Bet2: 25 draw Napoli/Juventus loser
    Bet3: 25 Padres to beat the Dodgers return 52.50
    Bet4: 25 Washington Capitals to win loss
    Bet5: Bet1,2,4 Doubles and Trebles - €5 each line loss

i should just stop betting on everything other than Baseball!

Bank:1078.28 -120+52.50=1010.78

Opening Day Baseball!

Bet1: Pirates, Tigers, Nats, White Sox - 10 Accy and 10 trebles
    Bet2: Reds, Marlins, Mariners, A's - 10 Accy and 10 trebles
    Bet3: Giants, Blue Jays, Braves, Rangers - 10 Accy and 10 trebles
    Bet4 - all of the above & Orioles - 1accy and 1twelve folds
    Bet5 - Novelty bet - anytime HR - Harper, Stanton, Fielder, Cabrera - 1 Lucky fifteen

Doing all the games just on account of it being opening day! Woo hoo!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Bank:1078.28 -120+52.50=1010.78

Opening Day Baseball!

Bet1: Pirates, Tigers, Nats, White Sox - 10 Accy and 10 trebles return 220.90
    Bet2: Reds, Marlins, Mariners, A's - 10 Accy and 10 trebles Loser
    Bet3: Giants, Blue Jays, Braves, Rangers - 10 Accy and 10 trebles Loser
    Bet4 - all of the above & Orioles - 1accy and 1twelve folds
    Bet5 - Novelty bet - anytime HR - Harper, Stanton, Fielder, Cabrera - 1 Lucky fifteen return 0

Bank:1010.78 -179+220.90 = 1052.68

Firstly I was an idiot doing all the games! But profit is profit! :-)

Lets go. What an opening day, Nats coming from behind obiously the highlight for me although the pitching battles in the Cubs/Pirates and StL/Reds games were great to watch!

Tonight:
    Bet1: Yankees, Rays, Angels & A's - 20 trebles and 20 accy
    Bet2: Miami, Philly, Brewers & Giants - 10 trebles and 10 Accy
    Bet3: all of the above & Dodgers, Maple Leafs, Penguins, Caps and St Louis - 1 accy and 1 twelvefolds

Bet4: Novelty - Anytime homer - Donaldson, Myers, Braun & Stanton - 1 lucky fifteen

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Bet1: Pirates, Tigers, Nats, White Sox - 10 Accy and 10 trebles return 220.90

This was a great bet. Was watching a bit of the White Sox late on rooting for ya (last of the 4 to come in)

8-10 wrote: »
    This was a great bet. Was watching a bit of the White Sox late on rooting for ya (last of the 4 to come in)

I can tell ya it wasnt the easiest bet I've had to come up! The Nats, Tigers and Pirates all gave me moments of real concern! Can I ask why you pick the second inning for your unders bet? Is it not a better bet to go 1st inning?

I can tell ya it wasnt the easiest bet I've had to come up! The Nats, Tigers and Pirates all gave me moments of real concern! Can I ask why you pick the second inning for your unders bet? Is it not a better bet to go 1st inning?

I used to go 1st inning (see earlier logs) but the whole idea is to select under 0.5 runs in a game where we have 2 pitchers that are fancied on the mound facing each other.

Obviously we have to select one of the early innings to make sure that both starters are in the game.

Secondly, when you look at stats for 1st inning v 2nd inning scores in MLB, there is quite a drop off from 1st to 2nd inning in terms of runs scored, particularly in the NL.

In the first inning you are guaranteed to have the 1-2-3 batters on each team obviously. These will generally be the best guys in the team at getting on base (certainly the leadoff guy). Then if any get on board, a strong RBI player will be batting in the 4th ('cleanup') spot.

In the 2nd inning, you are far more likely to be facing the mid to bottom of the order batters, and this is especially important in the NL because of the pitcher's slot at 9th.

So the first inning will statistically give you more runs because by it's nature both teams will have top of the order guys trying to get on base and score early. I guess if my logic is in anyway sound you could realistically pick 2 pitchers you don't like and give up a lot of runs, and back the over in the 1st inning.

But for 2nd inning, any research I've done has found that there is a sharp drop off in runs scored, and it's the only inning where you're nearly guaranteed not to be facing the top of the order.

I've taken this snapshot of data below from baseball reference which shows 5 years of scoring in each inning by league. Obviously 9th inning is the least likely to have runs scored because there is often no need to play the bottom of the inning and the best closers will be pitching here. But after that the % of runs scored is lowest in the 2nd inning, particularly in the NL (I guess I should focus more here than AL this year).

I do have more detailed analysis at home of this from last year or the year before that I should dig out, I'm pretty sure there was an article in the SABR journal specifically on the subject. But the premise is simple, if I'm betting on low runs in an inning of a game based on pitchers, I'm doing it in the 2nd!

(also FYI I know you're familiar with the game and the batting order but wrote this as simply as possible for others reading this)

1856169752_39be385344.jpg?v=0

Cool man thanks for the break down. The reason I asked though was because I imagined that with all the aces up on opening day the amount of runs in the 1st inning would be minimal, in fact I was thinking there would be alot of 1,2,3 outs and then you had probably more danger in the second inning with the 4,5,6 hitters.

On a seperate note, looks like Billy Hamilton is going to have problems getting on base and you look right on the numbers there. But then again I suppose he was facing wainwright and he'll only face an ace approximately 25% of the time so may have more joy against the rest of the rotations.

You've intrigued me now though to do a little bit more study into the unders in innings involving top of the rotation guys. Man I love baseball season! :D:D

• Advertisement

You've intrigued me now though to do a little bit more study into the unders in innings involving top of the rotation guys. Man I love baseball season! :D:D

Few resources off the top of my head that I like:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/

Huge amount of data in terms of history and advanced statistics, also allows you to convert to .csv. This section can give you information per inning

http://www.fangraphs.com/

Aggregates player projections from Steamer, Oliver and ZiPS as well as gives historical stats per player. Very useful site

http://sabr.org/research/resources

SABR is the king of baseball research, 'sabermetrics' is coined after them. They have a lot of old research newsletters scanned in, membership is pretty reasonable.

http://www.baseball-encyclopedia.com/

Lee Sinins runs this site which is essentially a way of purchasing his baseball database. He'll then send you a link to a daily update files with updated stats from the day before. Only useful if you're using dynamic models and want to update them during the season. If you email him with questions he'll let you know what's included

8-10 wrote: »
    Few resources off the top of my head that I like:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/

Huge amount of data in terms of history and advanced statistics, also allows you to convert to .csv. This section can give you information per inning

http://www.fangraphs.com/

Aggregates player projections from Steamer, Oliver and ZiPS as well as gives historical stats per player. Very useful site

http://sabr.org/research/resources

SABR is the king of baseball research, 'sabermetrics' is coined after them. They have a lot of old research newsletters scanned in, membership is pretty reasonable.

http://www.baseball-encyclopedia.com/

Lee Sinins runs this site which is essentially a way of purchasing his baseball database. He'll then send you a link to a daily update files with updated stats from the day before. Only useful if you're using dynamic models and want to update them during the season. If you email him with questions he'll let you know what's included

That's awesome man thanks!

Bet1: Diamondbacks, Mariners, Dodgers, Yankees - 10 accy and trebs
    Bet2: Blue Jays, Nats, Cubs and Cardinals - 10 accy and 10 trebs
    Bet3: All of the above & Red Sox,Rangers, Rockies - 1 Accy and 1 tenfolds

Will update bank tomorrow, no winners yesterday

Bank: 1052.68 -178 -111= 763.68

Pretty poor results on Tuesday, yesterday more unlucky that poor with 7 winners picked and two Extra inning losers. Man I love baseball season :-)

Today:

Bet1: Royals, Reds, Pirates, Blue Jays - €10 accy and €10 Trebs
    Bet2: Orioles, Nats, Mariners, Twins - 10 Accy and 10 Trebs
    Bet3: all of the above & Yankees, D'backs, Marlins - 1 accy and 1 tenfolds

Yankee: Werth, Davis, Cano, Butler Anytime HR Lucky fifteen

Bank: 1052.68 -178 -111= 763.68

Pretty poor results on Tuesday, yesterday more unlucky that poor with 7 winners picked and two Extra inning losers. Man I love baseball season :-)

Today:

Bet1: Royals, Reds, Pirates, Blue Jays - €10 accy and €10 Trebs Lost 40(Kansas canceled so just did doubles and accy)
    Bet2: Orioles, Nats, Mariners, Twins - 10 Accy and 10 Trebs Lost
    Bet3: all of the above & Yankees, D'backs, Marlins - 1 accy and 1 tenfolds Lost

Yankee: Werth, Davis, Cano, Butler Anytime HR Lucky fifteen lost 7 (Kansas canceled so just did a patent)

Bank: 763.68-108 = 655.68

My own fault yesterday, my system said Rays and Red Sox but I didn't like the pitching there. Lesson learned , stick to the system! :D:D:D

Bet1: Nats, Reds, Dodgers, Royals - 20 Accy and 20 trebs

Bet2: Cubs, Cards, Rays, Indians - 10 Accy and 10 Trebs

Bet3: all of the above & Tigers, Mariners, & Red Sox 1 Accy and 1 ten folds

My own fault yesterday, my system said Rays and Red Sox but I didn't like the pitching there. Lesson learned , stick to the system! :D:D:D

Bet1: Nats, Reds, Dodgers, Royals - 20 Accy and 20 trebs

Bet2: Cubs, Cards, Rays, Indians - 10 Accy and 10 Trebs

Bet3: all of the above & Tigers, Mariners, & Red Sox 1 Accy and 1 ten folds
    Another bad day at the office

Bank: 655.68 -161=494.68

Bet1: Reds, Nats, Marlins& Giants - 20 accy and trebs
    Bet2: Cubs,Pirates,Red Sox & Rays -20 accy and trebs
    Bet: all of the above & Indians, Rockies, Royals -1 accy and 1 tenfold

Another bad day at the office

Bank: 655.68 -161=494.68

Bet1: Reds, Nats, Marlins& Giants - 20 accy and trebs
    Bet2: Cubs,Pirates,Red Sox & Rays -20 accy and trebs
    Bet: all of the above & Indians, Rockies, Royals -1 accy and 1 tenfold

Bank 494.68-211= 283.68
    Bet1: Unders O's/Tigers, Unders W/Sox/Royals, Philly's & Blue Jays - 20 trebs & Accy
    Bet2: Pittsburgh, Red Sox, Nationals & Seatlle - 20 trebs and accy

All of the above & Giants, Reds, Marlins - 2 accy and 2 tenfold

Bank 494.68-211= 283.68
    Bet1: Unders O's/Tigers, Unders W/Sox/Royals, Philly's & Blue Jays - 20 trebs & Accy
    Bet2: Pittsburgh, Red Sox, Nationals & Seatlle - 20 trebs and accy

All of the above & Giants, Reds, Marlins - 2 accy and 2 tenfold

Another rough outing. 5 Winners but not the right combinations!

So that leaves us at 61.68 on this bank. So in comes the baseball bank for the first three months 2,000. And we get it going with a shortened schedule tonight.

Bank:2061.68

Bet1: Cards, A's, Red Sox and Indians - 20 Accy and 20 trebs
    Bet2: Astros, Orioles, White Soc and Royals - 10 Accy and 10 Trebs
    Bet3: All of the above €2.50 eightfold and sevenfolds

Bet 4: Unders - u7.5Royals, u7.5Cards, u8.5A's and u8.5Indians games - 10 Accy and 10 Trebs

Bet1: Cards, A's, Red Sox and Indians(void) - 20 Accy&20 trebs return 334.90
    Bet2: Astros, Orioles, White Soc and Royals - 10 Accy and 10 Trebs loss
    Bet3: All of the above €2.50 eightfold and sevenfolds loss

Bet 4: Unders - u7.5Royals, u7.5Cards, u8.5A's and u8.5Indians games - 10 Accy and 10 Trebs damn you last inning reds! Loss

Bank 2061.68-222.50+334.90= 2,174.08

Profit anyway for the first time in a week! :)

Bet1: Nats, Braves, Yankees, Giants - 20 Accy/Trebs
    Bet2: BJays, Cards, Tigers, Mariners - 10 Accy/Trebs
    Bet3: All of the above & Cubs, Brewers&Rockies 1 accy and 1 tenfold

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

Bet1: Cards, A's, Red Sox and Indians(void) - 20 Accy&20 trebs return 334.90
    Bet2: Astros, Orioles, White Soc and Royals - 10 Accy and 10 Trebs loss
    Bet3: All of the above €2.50 eightfold and sevenfolds loss

Bet 4: Unders - u7.5Royals, u7.5Cards, u8.5A's and u8.5Indians games - 10 Accy and 10 Trebs damn you last inning reds! Loss

Bet1: Nats, Braves, Yankees, Giants - 20 Accy/Trebs
    Bet2: BJays, Cards, Tigers, Mariners - 10 Accy/Trebs
    Bet3: All of the above & Cubs, Brewers&Rockies 1 accy and 1 tenfold

This was probably my fault. Was copying your bets for the last fews but left last night off to keep the bankroll for the golf the weekend haha I won't put the crow on you anymore :)

• Advertisement

MUFC91CS wrote: »
    This was probably my fault. Was copying your bets for the last fews but left last night off to keep the bankroll for the golf the weekend haha I won't put the crow on you anymore :)

Nah its the first few weeks of the season, so its all down to me, I'm experimenting at the moment with a betting against pitchers and with certain hitters. Its complicated but I think it will come good in the coming weeks!

I love Baseball! :D:D

Bet1: Nats, Braves, Yankees, Giants - 20 Accy/Trebs Loss
    Bet2: BJays, Cards, Tigers, Mariners - 10 Accy/Trebs return 46.10
    Bet3: All of the above & Cubs, Brewers&Rockies 1 accy and 1 tenfold loss

Bank:2174.08-161+46.10=2059.18

Bet1:Tigers, Indians, Cards, Rockies - 15 Accy and 15 trebs
    Bet2: Nats, A's, Brewers, Giants - 15 Accy and 15 trebs
    Bet3: all of the above & Yankees, BJays & Rays 1 accyand 1tenfolds

Bank:2174.08-161+46.10=2059.18

Bet1:Tigers, Indians, Cards, Rockies - 15 Accy and 15 trebs return 78.60
    Bet2: Nats, A's, Brewers, Giants - 15 Accy and 15 trebs return 65.80
    Bet3: all of the above & Yankees, BJays & Rays 1 accy and 1tenfolds loss

Bank: 2059.18-161+144.40 = 2042.58

Getting there, 6 from 8 in the big bets unlucky not to click one of them in total. Will be back later with

Bet1: Pirates, Nats, Giants, B Jays - 20 Accy and 20 trebs
    Bet2: Braves, Twins, Indians, U/Brewers/Philly - 10 Accy and 10 trebs
    Bet3: All of the above & Red Sox

Bank: 2059.18-161+144.40 = 2042.58

Getting there, 6 from 8 in the big bets unlucky not to click one of them in total. Will be back later with

Bet1: Pirates, Nats, Giants, B Jays - 20 Accy and 20 trebs
    Bet2: Braves, Twins, Indians, U/Brewers/Philly - 10 Accy and 10 trebs
    Bet3: All of the above & Red Sox[/QUOTE]

Damn it all to hell. Giants losing in etra cost me at least a decent return. Meh. Anyway bet2 was a purposeful outsiders bet (hence the stake difference) but I expected more. Braves poor, Twins collapsed, Indians collapse with a 3-1 lead!

will be back later with more bets for tonight !

Bet1: Orioles, Reds, Marlins, Red Sox - 15 accy and 15 trebs
    Bet2: W/Sox, Rangers, Mariners, Giants - 15 accy and 15 trebs
    Bet3: UCubs/Cards, Tigers, Brewers, Nats - 10 Accy and 10 trebs
    All of the above 1 accy and 1elevenfolds

Good luck all! :D

Bet1: Orioles, Reds, Marlins, Red Sox - 15 accy and 15 trebs
    Bet2: W/Sox, Rangers, Mariners, Giants - 15 accy and 15 trebs
    Bet3: UCubs/Cards, Tigers, Brewers, Nats - 10 Accy and 10 trebs
    All of the above 1 accy and 1elevenfolds

Good luck all! :D
    A winner there on bet 2 will update bank tomorrow bets tonight
    Bet1 cards, Indians, Giants , Royals - 15 accy and teens
    Bet2 Tigers, Dodgers, Brewers and Bats
    Bet3 all if the above Rangers, O's and a's I accy and 1 10 folds

2042.58-161+315.70-212-161+150.30= 1974.58

Not a great weekend I was close really close to having a great weekend, but we'll get there.

Bet1: Rays, Braves, A's and Brewers - 20 accy and 20 trebs
    Bet2: Nats, Reds, Mariners, D'backs - 10 accy and 10 trebs
    Bet3: all of the above & Rockies - 1 Accy and 1 eighfolds

2042.58-161+315.70-212-161+150.30= 1974.58

Not a great weekend I was close really close to having a great weekend, but we'll get there.

Bet1: Rays, Braves, A's and Brewers - 20 accy and 20 trebs
    Bet2: Nats, Reds, Mariners, D'backs - 10 accy and 10 trebs
    Bet3: all of the above & Rockies - 1 Accy and 1 eighfolds
    Bet1: Reds, Nats, Royals and D backs - 20 accy and trebs
    Bet2: Giants, Rockies,A's Mariners - 10 accy an trebs
    Bet3. All of the above & white Sox, Brewers , Twins

Bet1: Reds, Nats, Royals and D backs - 20 accy and trebs Meh .. damn Nats and Dbacks!
    Bet2: Giants, Rockies,A's Mariners - 10 accy an trebs - damn mariners! return 75.88
    Bet3. All of the above & white Sox, Brewers , Twins - 2 of three win here

1974.58-162+75.88= 1888.46

Bet1: Reds, Marlins, Yankees(Pineda), Padres - 15 -accy and trebs
    Bet2: Unders Draves/Phil, Indiands/Tigers, Cards/Brewe, Mariner/Ranger - 15 Trebs and accy
    Bet3: All of the above & W/Sox, Giants and A's 1accy and 1 tenfold :D

Change of tack! :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

1974.58-162+75.88= 1888.46

Bet1: Reds, Marlins, Yankees(Pineda), Padres - 15 -accy and trebs - €71.54
    Bet2: Unders Draves/Phil, Indiands/Tigers, Cards/Brewe, Mariner/Ranger - 15 Trebs and accy - return 727.41
    Bet3: All of the above & W/Sox, Giants and A's 1accy and 1 tenfold W/sox and A's beaten in extras. Very close last night.

Change of tack! :D:D:D - Worked! :D:D

Bank:1888.46 -162+798.95= 2525.41

Really close to perfect last night. Nats come from behind foiled me hitting the two accy's, Wsox and A's losing in Extras .. so getting there. Season only really getting going :-)

Advertisement