Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Telescope to buy ??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

Ok I might get it so Could try get hi mdown to €350
    and would any 1.25" eyepiece fit in it ??

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Nerro

nanook5 wrote: »
    But I mean It's Not even a schmidt newtonian.
    Its just a newtonian , I found this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055020855 about it and slade_x says it has been discontinued for quite a while(This was back in 2006):confused:

What about the newtonian he has on the mount,Would that have a wide field ??

Thanks

Ok what i found that the scope has ratio of f/5, so its a really "fast" scope, perfect for deep space photography and observing.Mind you as its "fast" comma corrector is highly recomended like baader MPCC for visual and especially for photography purposes.But as it is your first scope i recon you probably aint going to notice anything when observing...only in pictures you will see coma.
    For planets its not that good...you would need to use quite high magnification (eyepieces with low numbers).But hey, you have 6" of light gathering power!so you could afford to push a bit.
    Regarding the mount, you are getting GO TO function!you will get the whole universe at a touch of a button! rather than trying to find objects (which is not that easy if you dont know your way around the night sky).
    Probably the biggest downside is the lack of ST4 port,other than that its a great mount and i know quite a few people using them with great sucess.
    If you will get the man to go at 350?its a good deal but i would push it for 300 and play the discontinued card to get the price down.Not that its something wrong as like kersh mentioned its happening all the time in astro world, but maybe he wont know :)

Ok I might get it so Could try get hi mdown to €350
    and would any 1.25" eyepiece fit in it ??

Thanks
    yes 1.25" and from what i see from the picture 2" should fit aswell.But dont quote me on that.

Ok Thanks for that nerro I was a bit worried I would Have to try find eyepieces for its from back in 2006 :D

Ye ill try do his for that and play the discontinued game , he seems to not know much about it as he hasnt even put up the model on the ad and from asking general questions about it :p

Just one more question, I saw a pdf about the lxd 75 series of telescopes and in the newtonian section i saw that it says n-6EC but on This http://http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055020855 I see it says n-6AT, I just wanted to know what is the difference .

If I get him to €300 -€320 Ill probably get a few extra eyepieces and a corrector plate if I can , But thats a different story :D

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

If I get him to €300 -€320 Ill probably get a few extra eyepieces and a corrector plate if I can , But thats a different story :D

Good luck on that, he wouldnt budge! :eek:

• Advertisement

It Looks Like He'll Take €320 For it .

Ill Keep Ye Posted

Thanks

It Looks Like He'll Take €320 For it .

Ill Keep Ye Posted

Thanks
    thats a nice deal for a set up like this.well done.

Thanks Nerro.

Hi

Ok I bought The meade lxd75 from donedeal for 280 .

Its in very good condition and Im very happy with my purchase .

Im off to read the manual now :D .

Can I just say Thanks to everyone who Helped , I appreciate it :)

• Advertisement

Ok I bought The meade lxd75 from donedeal for 280 .

Nice one, as said its a very nice mount / scope. Is the Newtonian the SN6 or just N6 ?

just the n6 . was your the sn-6?
    Thanks

just the n6 . was your the sn-6?
    Thanks

No same. N6AT - as explained before, make or buy the Meade 505 cable, get the Autostar Suite and upgrade the Handset, you'll get the 3 star align plus other things. Im all set here, just waiting for the next clear night (looks like Wednesday might be a go).

EDIT: Check out this guy's videos, some are pretty lenghty and not everything is useful but some are

Advertisement