Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snatch, C&J, repeat

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭rock27

Friday:

Drop snatches

CJ up to 81Kg.

Light squatting.

Taper week coming up, will figure out openers during the week.

Today was deciding on openers day

Snatch
    Going into today was thinking 65 opener.

65 felt grand, went 67 - and got it 3 times.
    Went for 70, got it
    So my opener will be 67 on the day, 65 if I don't feel strong.
    CJ
    Got to 80 handy enough.
    Went to 85, got it but after 3 attempts. 85 will be opener on the day, 81/2ish if not feeling strong.

67/85 was what I ended up with in the last comp aswell, so would be happy if I can get those as openers.

Yesterday:
    Technique stuff

Today:
    Snatch - Up to 60 for 3 singles
    63 for 1 single

CJ
    75 for 2 singles

Back Squat
    Up to a double with 120

Saturday 8th June:

Weigh-ins for the 69kg class were on at 12.00 on Saturday morning, so spent the last of Friday dropping the additional water weight. Weighed in at 68.5kg, after which I necked about 2L of water(water never tasted so good).

The weight cut had drained me a bit but after a load of water and food started to feel good again.

Warmups went well - felt fairly snappy.

Snatch opener was 65, but we bumped it up to 67 after 65 felt east in the warmup.
    The opener did not go to plan, pulled the bar into right position but just didn't lock it out correctly.
    Made it on second attempt.
    One of the other guys in class got 70 in his last attempt so we went 71. Again pulled it into correct position but just didn't lock it out.

Opener was 85, bumped it to 86.
    Got the 86 to win the 69 weight class.

Second attempt was 89, got that.
    Third went for 92 for a pb, cleaned it but couldn't lock out the jerk.

So was happy with the win, but unhappy with the snatch - was hoping for a pb in that, back to training for Leinsters in 5 weeks to try get that pb.
    Things to work on are properly locking out the snatch and jerk.

Yesterday:

Went in today with the sole purpose of maxing out on snatch and hitting that pb I didn't get at the weekend....
    Saw the lads competing in the ecb regionals so did that instead!

Basically it involved doing oly lifts for high reps to point that it looked like something was wrong with us, feeling quite ill, then doing it again - can't believe an organistation hasn't thought of this before!

The last complex was brilliant - 50kg famers walks, 80 sled drag, and tyre flip. I felt quite defeated here as my time was beaten by a man who literally fell into the tyre!

• Advertisement

Today:

Some snatch & jerk technique stuff.

This week was pretty relaxed, with a couple of trips up to 95+% of snatch and cj, not much squatting this week.
    The culminated in the ECB games on Friday - with the circuits from Monday divided into three legs, teams of 3 each member does one leg of the circuit and the round done for time.

Back to training properly now for Leinsters

Today:

Snatch:
    56, 3x3
    60, 3x2
    56, 3x3
    (Working on technique a lot today - plan on working a lot on techniques over next few weeks)

C&J:
    70, 6x3(All good cept last jerk)

B.Squat: 5x5 step load, got to 115 - was brutal, doing no real squats in 2/3 weeks appears to impact on your squat!

Glute Ham raises and some messing around with a KB

Been too lazy to update the log in last few weeks.
    Taper week this week for Leinsters next Sat, BW is way off 69 so will more than likely be at 77s, so will see how I fare at that weight.

After quite a few weeks of messing about with training, back to proper training now.

Next competition is Cork club championships on Oct 20th, so we are now 12 weeks out from tomorrow.

First 4 weeks will be a combined bodyfat loss/technique work block.
    Currently in or around 76Kg, aiming to lean down to striking distance of my weight-class(69Kg), possibly under so that I can afford to add a little during the 8 week block leading back to the comp.

First session back was all quite light on the olympic work and read as follows:

Snatch(focusing on technique): 40Kg, 12 doubles. 4 extra sets for additional volume
    Block Jerks(focusing on technique): 60Kg, 10 doubles. 2 extra sets for additional volume
    Deadlift with clean grip: 60x5, 100x5, Straps from this point on - 130x5, 150x5, 160x3. Couldn't get the extra 2 reps. Back starting to give out.
    Pullups/ssetted with 60Kg barbell rows: x 6/5, 6/5, 6/5, 6/5
    (Barbell rows added in for extra volume)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

rock27 wrote: »
    After quite a few weeks of messing about with training, back to proper training now.

Next competition is Cork club championships on Oct 20th, so we are now 12 weeks out from tomorrow.

First 4 weeks will be a combined bodyfat loss/technique work block.
    Currently in or around 76Kg, aiming to lean down to striking distance of my weight-class(69Kg), possibly under so that I can afford to add a little during the 8 week block leading back to the comp.

First session back was all quite light on the olympic work and read as follows:

Snatch(focusing on technique): 40Kg, 12 doubles. 4 extra sets for additional volume
    Block Jerks(focusing on technique): 60Kg, 10 doubles. 2 extra sets for additional volume
    Deadlift with clean grip: 60x5, 100x5, Straps from this point on - 130x5, 150x5, 160x3. Couldn't get the extra 2 reps. Back starting to give out.
    Pullups/ssetted with 60Kg barbell rows: x 6/5, 6/5, 6/5, 6/5
    (Barbell rows added in for extra volume)

Have you ever tried complexes? Snatch pulls+snatch etc.? Use whatever focuses on your weak areas. I don't find light snatches carry over much to heavy lifts.

I actually tried them for the first time last week. Snatch pull, pull from hang, snatch from above knee, snatch from below is the one I've tried.
    Think I will add in more of them alright.

Need to focus more on staying over the bar longer as I have a tendancy to pull back a bit early.
    Probably hang snatches from above/below the knee.

Any particular ones you would suggest?

Spent today doing snatch technique work.

Played around a good bit today with the complexes as suggested.

Did snatch pull from hang, snatch from hang for quite a bit.
    Did the same complex from the ground.

Did a bit of snatches with drop snatches aswell.

Seems good, think I will integrate it in a bit more into training

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

rock27 wrote: »
    I actually tried them for the first time last week. Snatch pull, pull from hang, snatch from above knee, snatch from below is the one I've tried.
    Think I will add in more of them alright.

Need to focus more on staying over the bar longer as I have a tendancy to pull back a bit early.
    Probably hang snatches from above/below the knee.

Any particular ones you would suggest?

Depends on what you're trying to work on. For anything in the first or second pull, pulls are good. Position wise hangs above or below the knee are always good. High pulls if you can't keep the bar close after extension, pulls to knee if you're out of position of the floor etc. See what works for yourself.

I generally keep it to 2 pulls and a lift/hang lift. I don't think the really long complexes are great unless you've got very solid technique which most of us don't.

Snatch:
    20 sets total with 50kg, mixed between pull from hang + hang snatch, pull from floor + hang snatch, and regular snatch.
    C&J: 60kg for 8 doubles. Might start integrating some complexes here too. Mainly point of today reps were working on the jerk
    Glute Ham Falls, 5x5.
    Klokov press: 40kg, 5x5

Snatch: 2 pulls from hang, 1 snatch from hang; 40kg x 4
    2 pulls from ground, 1 snatch from ground; 40kg x 4
    C&J: 70kg, 16 singles. Focussing on jerk. Might stick in a complex here over the next week or so
    Front Squat: 75kg, 6x4

Advertisement