Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Single Sex versus Relationship Sex

Options
  • 20-10-2012 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hello lovely ladies,

This is my first post so I'll start by intorducing myself. I'm Luisa and I'm half Irish (hurray!) and half Spanish but living in Dublin, Clontarf to be precise!
    I love it here and am so happy to have discovered boards:D

So, I broke up with boyfriend a few months ago, a lovley irish man but it just didn't work out. I'm now on the hunt for a replacement:pac:

I've been enjoying the single life here as I love Irish men and it got me thinking about single sex versus relationship sex.

With my ex bf, the sex was nice and caring with lots of tea (barrys!) and cuddles. I liked it but it didn't make me wanna scream his name and hnag from the chandelers!

However, with all my encounters since we broke up the sex has been AMAZING!! It's just so wild and free and crazy.

You can be whoever you want for that one night because you know in the morning you can say adiós!

So for me, single sex is way better then romantic boring relationship sex.
    I hope I don't offend anybody by saying that, it's just my personal view.

So lovely girls, how about you guys? Are you inot wild crazy one night sex or more loving tender boyfriend sex?

Lets discuss this together

X
    Luisa

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

More Nick than luisa I'd guess :p

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Both have their ups and downs (hehe). One nighters don't really do it for me as you don't know what makes the other person tick, granted finding out is fun but for me it gets better when you're more comfortable with each other, know exactly what works for the other person and are willing to explore and get better at getting each other off. You can't beat new relationship sex though.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Nickcaved

smcgiff wrote: »
    More Nick than luisa I'd guess :p

I don't think i understand you? Can you explain me??
    Nickcaved is because I love Nick Cave!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Nickcaved wrote: »
    Hello lovely ladies,

This is my first post so I'll start by intorducing myself. I'm Luisa and I'm half Irish (hurray!) and half Spanish but living in Dublin, Clontarf to be precise!
    I love it here and am so happy to have discovered boards:D

So, I broke up with boyfriend a few months ago, a lovley irish man but it just didn't work out. I'm now on the hunt for a replacement:pac:

I've been enjoying the single life here as I love Irish men and it got me thinking about single sex versus relationship sex.

With my ex bf, the sex was nice and caring with lots of tea (barrys!) and cuddles. I liked it but it didn't make me wanna scream his name and hnag from the chandelers!

However, with all my encounters since we broke up the sex has been AMAZING!! It's just so wild and free and crazy.

You can be whoever you want for that one night because you know in the morning you can say adiós!

So for me, single sex is way better then romantic boring relationship sex.
    I hope I don't offend anybody by saying that, it's just my personal view.

So lovely girls, how about you guys? Are you inot wild crazy one night sex or more loving tender boyfriend sex?

Lets discuss this together

X
    Luisa

The only detail you forgot to add was your address :-p

Doom wrote: »
    The only detail you forgot to add was your address :-p

Cheeky!!

Well i think its important for people to be honest. In Spain we are very open sexually and i notice here people are not so much like this.

Sex is something to be enjoyed and celebrated. If you practice safe sex then theres no harm exploring your sexuality and having fun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Without going into much detail I have always managed to have wild, crazy, amazing sex in relationships. I don't think it's the relationship holding you back, just your own inhibitions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Nickcaved wrote: »
    Cheeky!!

Well i think its important for people to be honest. In Spain we are very open sexually and i notice here people are not so much like this.

Sex is something to be enjoyed and celebrated. If you practice safe sex then theres no harm exploring your sexuality and having fun!

I was thinking you have ....way too much personal info on your first post, i.e. your name and where you live, not wise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Also, your ex boyfriend, his friends or his family could easily have accounts on this website.

Martyn1989 wrote: »
    Also, your ex boyfriend, his friends or his family could easily have accounts on this website.

So what? I didnt say anything bad about him or his family so why would i care if he read this? In fact a called him a lovely isrish guy which he is.

Why would I care who reads this?? I like sex, why should that be kept a secret? As if you don't all like sex too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

I don't think the distinction is between relationships sex and single person sex,
    the distinction is about the individuals involved.

Had you ex-bf actually been one of your one nighters, would sex still be a barry's tea moment with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Interesting thread. I actually have no experience in single sex as you put it so maybe my imput won't be valued but sex with my bf is never dull.. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Have as much fun as you want just remember to practice safe sex!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

I've never really been in a proper relationship :( But I do find that sex is better when you know the person. As in when I've been 'seeing' (but not technically going out with) someone for a few months and regularly having sex, I find it MUCH better than one night stands.

I find with one night stands the person doesn't know what gets you off. Sure you can guide them but sometimes you just need someone who knows you that bit better. Also, the OP was saying that in her relationship, the guy was lovely and one benefit was the cuddles and 'Barrys tea' moments. But sex in a relationship doesn't always have to be like that. It can be as dirty and kinky as you like :P In fact, I'd argue it can be more so than one night stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,459 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Sex is deffinetly different. In a relationship its generally making love where as a ONS is just a f**k session where you literally just f**k both have there places. (sorry for the language but it is the best adjetive for the message)

Both are good, but in the end give me relationship sex but keep it must be kept fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

ted1 wrote: »
    Sex is deffinetly different. In a relationship its generally making love where as a ONS is just a f**k session where you literally just f**k both have there places. (sorry for the language but it is the best adjetive for the message)

Both are good, but in the end give me relationship sex but keep it must be kept fresh.

Can do that in a relationship too :D

krudler wrote: »
    Can do that in a relationship too :D
    I do realise that and partake in it. But i'm talking about the.majority if the time.

Maybe not having young 2 kids would also make a difference. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Ah, I dunno, it doesn't always have to be "making love" when you're in a relationship ... sometimes all that both people want/need is just a good hard shag!

I don't exactly have much experience with single sex, but I think my preference would definitely be for sex in a relationship. I think that you can be more confident and adventurous with someone that you know well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Ah, I dunno, it doesn't always have to be "making love" when you're in a relationship ... sometimes all that both people want/need is just a good hard shag!

I don't exactly have much experience with single sex, but I think my preference would definitely be for sex in a relationship. I think that you can be more confident and adventurous with someone that you know well.

LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

But I do find that sex is better when you know the person. As in when I've been 'seeing' (but not technically going out with) someone for a few months and regularly having sex, I find it MUCH better than one night stands.

Ditto. The stronger the emotional connection I have with someone, the stronger the orgasm. That's always the way I've been wired.

I do get the lack of inhibitions you can have during a one night stand though - there's nothing to lose, if your partner is freaked out by a particular fetish or position, you'll most likely never have to see him ever again, or if it's a FWB your entire relationship is based on bedroom antics so you don't necessarily need to worry about his thoughts, feelings, perception of you etc as you do in a relationship.

But the best sex I've ever had was with someone I had feelings for, and that got better and better the deeper in love we fell.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

zarazoe wrote: »
    I actually have very little opinion on this specific topic however I will say that the rudeness show to OP is truly bizarre and defeats the purpose of boards.ie. If you have a personal objection to the topic, dont post. She did not practically give out her address and is not speaking about her ex in a derogatory way. So move on and take your bad karma to your FB friends, since the compulsion to post online is obviously too much to resist for some of you.
    I'm pretty sure that Luisa is a fantasy girl created by a 16 years old horny teenager, so 'she' won't be overly affected by bad karma. :D

As for the question posted here, my best sex was with my current partner. Very few one night stands were overly memorable.

• Advertisement

meeeeh wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that Luisa is a fantasy girl created by a 16 years old horny teenager, so 'she' won't be overly affected by bad karma. :D

As for the question posted here, my best sex was with my current partner. Very few one night stands were overly memorable.

Again with the rudeness, she has posted a photo in the other thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Okay - between the back-seat modding, the inappropriate comments for tLL and the accusations of troll this thread is in danger of becoming a total train wreck. As a result, any more of the above will result in infractions/bans and the thread being locked.

If anyone has any further issues with a post or poster, then as per site rules - report the post.

Please do not drag the thread further off-topic by reponding to this post on-thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I've had hot memorable one night stands but I've had the same in relationships. When I am in a relationship I don't have inhibitions as I feel comfortable with the person and the sex is hot. Some times is nice and calm and enjoyable and other times it's not ;)

Sex is, like a lot of things, what you make of it. If you want hot hard fcuking then you'll find it.

Again with the rudeness, she has posted a photo in the other thread.

Thank you for defending me. I have been reading boards for ages now and thought the idea was to express your ideas and discuss them openly. I don't understand why people with different opinions are fight with each other. I thought that was the whole idea of this, no?

Also, I think there are some men hanging out in here and it's called the ladies lounge? I thought this would be a good way to speak openly to ladies! I looked at the photos and there are more mens then women??
    Can someone explain me why this is? Is this not just for girls?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Okay OP - as you are now dragging your own thread off-topic, as previously warned, I'm going to lock.

Feel free to read the Forum Charter and Site Guidelines to get a better feel of what Boards/this forum does.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement