Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell shop?

Options
  • 19-10-2012 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

hi guys
    forgive me if this has been asked before, but if you want to look at a Dell laptop before buying it, is there anywhere you can do this? Do Dell themself have a shop where the general public can browse their laptops?
    I just checked out their website, and there seems to be very little information on their site about each laptop so its not very helpful!
    thanks!
    BB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭banie01

No, Dell don't have a shop or a facility for handling/viewing their computers in Ireland.
    There are(Useta be at least) Dell Kiosk's in the States(Maybe closed now) where you could view the entire range, but these were never trialled in Europe.

I know PC World carry a small range of Dell laptops if thats any help?
    I think its only part of the Inspiron range they carry though so if its XPS or Alienware you're after I don't know where you'd get hands on with 1 other than if you have a friend with 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

They don't have a shop. That's how they control their costs. They do have "resellers" but don't expect fresh laptops from them unless you pay a non refundable deposit to order it in.

I don't get either how you think their website has little information. It has shed loads of info on each laptop.

I'm currently buying one soon and I'm going for an Ultrabook.

What information are you looking for? Also see this thread here. You get 5% off with the most recent code on the thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=81321967#post81321967

Also I did visit Harvey Norman, PC World, Soundstore, Currys and Argos recently looking at prices and stuff. Harvey Norman were expensive, Soundstore useless, Currys were ok and PC World(same owners as Argos and Currys) and Currys were the better. PC World had a a 14" Samsung for about €550 quid which was good but I'd probably still buy from Dell. I'm typing on a 2006 model of a Dell laptop and the only reason I'm changing it is because the screen lid is becoming faulty. Held out quite well and I paid about €900 for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭banjobongo

thanks guys.
    Pity there is no Dell shop...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,122 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Dell sell off the shelf basic stuff in the likes of PC World, Curry's, Soundstore and Tesco. Most of these places will have at least one there to have a look at. However if you are looking for the latest stuff or something customised then you will not find in any bricks and morter shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Beaver1

have a look here about getting one built, the guys here are brillant

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=842

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭godfrey

Lads this HAS to be a troll. Who in the known world doesn't know Dell hahaha!!!

g

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

Beer Baron wrote: »
    They don't have a shop. That's how they control their costs. They do have "resellers" but don't expect fresh laptops from them unless you pay a non refundable deposit to order it in.

I don't get either how you think their website has little information. It has shed loads of info on each laptop.

I'm currently buying one soon and I'm going for an Ultrabook.

What information are you looking for? Also see this thread here. You get 5% off with the most recent code on the thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=81321967#post81321967

Also I did visit Harvey Norman, PC World, Soundstore, Currys and Argos recently looking at prices and stuff. Harvey Norman were expensive, Soundstore useless, Currys were ok and PC World(same owners as Argos and Currys) and Currys were the better. PC World had a a 14" Samsung for about €550 quid which was good but I'd probably still buy from Dell. I'm typing on a 2006 model of a Dell laptop and the only reason I'm changing it is because the screen lid is becoming faulty. Held out quite well and I paid about €900 for it.

argos and currys the same owners???

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

skinny90 wrote: »
    argos and currys the same owners???

Sorry my bad.

Currys & PC World are the same company. http://www.dixonsretail.com/dixons/en/home

It always confused me why the Parkway Retail Park has a Currys AND PC World in different buildings next door to each other when there was another one in the city centre. Weird.

Argos & Homebase are the same company which also has a stake in Home Store & More. http://www.homeretailgroup.com/ If you order goods from Homebase they are delivered by Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

godfrey wrote: »
    Lads this HAS to be a troll. Who in the known world doesn't know Dell hahaha!!!

g

Ya definitely a troll.
    And what a fantastic troll too. Really made right mugs out of everyone.

If you are talking about me you are either not capable of reading correctly or you yourself are trying to stir things up!
    I did not say I have never heard of Dell, all I asked was, did Dell have a direct sales outlet in Limerick.
    totally differnet point!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Have you tried Łódź?

;)

thats just off Cruises Street isnt it? :D

Advertisement