Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missed a Yasmin pill - Day 6 of new pack...Advice?

Options
  • 19-10-2012 11:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I had never forgotten a pill until yesterday and only realised this morning when I went to take 'Friday's - Day 7' and I noticed I hadn't taken Thursday's - Day 6.

I read on the information booklet that if you miss a pill in week one and it's more than 12 hours missed (in my case 24hours exactly) then take the two together which I did (Fri 10:30am took Thurs and Fri doses).

When I read so more it says to use protection for the next 7 days but it also says if you had sex in the previous 7 days (which I did on Day 1/Day 2) then there is a chance of pregnancy.

To say I am panicking would be an understatement. Is there anyone that can suggestion anything. Am I really naive in thinking that sperm can still be alive 5.5 days later or would taking a morning after pill today do anything useful?

I understand ye can't give out medical advice etc...but if anyone can speak from experience etc it would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

ash23 wrote: »
    Have you considered also taking the morning after pill which you can buy in some pharmacies? I know it's meant to be taken within 72 hours but it's better than nothing I guess.
    Other than that there is nothing else you can do but wait.

That's what I was wondering about...but will it be in any way effective nearly 6 days later as it says the sooner you take it the more effective it is...or will its effectiveness increase because I'm on the pill...confused...I don't know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Sorry I edited my post because I found the link for the IUD for up to 5 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Hi,

Contact your doctor or pharmacist for the best advice

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement