Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

30% Off Lifestyle Sports Online 17th October only

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Hi lads,

The gear I ordered arrived today, very quick from Lifestyle. Very happy with the purchase.

Just a quick question though, anyone's package arrive having being opened for "inspection"? All three of my soccer jerseys had the bags slit along the side and had been repackaged. The outer blue Lifestyle courier bag had also been slit along the bottom and then been resealed with white tape with "Opened for inspection" written on it. The package seemed to have been posted in Ireland so just wondering what agency opened the package? Was it the courier company?

Thanks

DC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭amber2

Yup mine resealed with tape saying contents checked by security!

• Site Banned Posts: 317 ✭✭Turbine

Same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Looks like my order was delivered to someone else..

Nightline says it was signed by someone else even..

Gutted!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,230 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Decoda wrote: »
    Hi lads,

The gear I ordered arrived today, very quick from Lifestyle. Very happy with the purchase.

Just a quick question though, anyone's package arrive having being opened for "inspection"? All three of my soccer jerseys had the bags slit along the side and had been repackaged. The outer blue Lifestyle courier bag had also been slit along the bottom and then been resealed with white tape with "Opened for inspection" written on it. The package seemed to have been posted in Ireland so just wondering what agency opened the package? Was it the courier company?

Thanks

DC

Could be the people sending out the stock in the first place just making sure its of good enough condition and that its the right product.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

They sent me kids size 10 boots :D have to go to the store for refund but the CS lady said she'd mail me another 30% discount :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

There was a lot of reports in the Parcel Motel thread that Nightline had opened parcels for a quick look. It's bad behaviour and not something that is reported from other firms.

In this case they must have known the packages were from Lifestyle. Why on earth would they want a look at the contents?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭snalan

mine resealed with tape saying contents checked also, didn't think that would happen posted in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Mushy wrote: »
    Could be the people sending out the stock in the first place just making sure its of good enough condition and that its the right product.

Doesn't really make much sense to me. I'm not too impressed with finding a package which i assume was posted in Ireland to arrive having beng searched and resealed but no explanation. Why slit open the clear plastic bags that the jerseys were in? I can't even understand why they opened the blue outer bag which had Lifestyle plastered all over it, but to then slit all of the clear bags inside the package also? The mind boggles? If I had to return anything to Lifestyle because of sizes etc, I hope they didn't expect the bag to be in one piece. By the way there was a resealable strip at the top of each of the bags.....yet they cut open the bags...

I just find the whole thing a little odd.

Thanks

DC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Pj! wrote: »
    There was a lot of reports in the Parcel Motel thread that Nightline had opened parcels for a quick look. It's bad behaviour and not something that is reported from other firms.

In this case they must have known the packages were from Lifestyle. Why on earth would they want a look at the contents?

where are the reports?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,940 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Well I'm glad it wasn't just me!
    Did anyone get a jersey that wasn't opened?

Very impressed by the speed of delivery though, taking into account the fact they opened / resealed everything :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

daytob wrote: »
    where are the reports?

In the Parcel Motel thread.

Parcels arriving into Ireland via Parcel Motel are subjectto the same customs and border controls as any other conventional deliverymethod (e.g. by Post or Courier). In normal circumstances though we will only open a parcel ifPMID or name information is incomplete (a lot of parcels arrive with incompleteinformation) or if we suspect the parcel contains prohibited items in whichcase we will inform the relevant authorities.
    For smooth and fastest transition thorough our check in centres ensure that you have the name as registered and the PMIDclearly shown in the address information. The process is fully automated ifboth pieces of information are present and correct.

If they cant send it to a customer what are they supposed to do?

also how do you know it was a quick look? surely it was just to make sure the item was sendable?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭magmay

I purchased a pair of runners in a Lifestyle store today & in front of the cash desk there were promotion vouchers for 15% off a online purchase. might be worth checking out if anyone missed out on the original 24hr 30% offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭corazon

I ordered two pairs of football boots and package was opened and resealed.
    Delivery time was fast. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,230 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Decoda wrote: »
    Doesn't really make much sense to me. I'm not too impressed with finding a package which i assume was posted in Ireland to arrive having beng searched and resealed but no explanation. Why slit open the clear plastic bags that the jerseys were in? I can't even understand why they opened the blue outer bag which had Lifestyle plastered all over it, but to then slit all of the clear bags inside the package also? The mind boggles? If I had to return anything to Lifestyle because of sizes etc, I hope they didn't expect the bag to be in one piece. By the way there was a resealable strip at the top of each of the bags.....yet they cut open the bags...

I just find the whole thing a little odd.

Thanks

DC

Yeah for t-shirts it just seems odd. Can understand footwear. But if its not at the re-sealable part then I don't know.

corazon wrote: »
    I ordered two pairs of football boots and package was opened and resealed.
    Delivery time was fast. Thanks OP.

who opened it

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭fast_eddie

snalan wrote: »
    mine resealed with tape saying contents checked also, didn't think that would happen posted in Ireland

Same here, my new Leinster jersey obviously passed inspection...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,940 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

fast_eddie wrote: »

Same here, my new Leinster jersey obviously passed inspection...

Mine too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Just a thought -

Maybe this open/re-seal thing was an issue with Lifestyle?

Maybe, given the fact that they are new to the online shopping world, they had a glitch in their order management process, got hit with a load of orders, screwed something up, and ended up having to re-check all the orders before they went out?

• Advertisement
Advertisement