Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACL Partial Tear

Options
  • 15-10-2012 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi,

Last November I started gettin pain in my right knee, after a few doctors and physio visits I was been told its prob tendentious, known something was not right I got MRI which showed partial ACL tear at the femur attachment. A few more physio sessions and I was just told to keep up the exercises and id be fine, anyway nearly a year on, there is still alot I cant do, run jump, fully squat down, and a lot of other natural day to day movements I have difficulty doing like sitting down or getting up of the ground. some of these things are because I dont have alot of trust or understanding of my knee. Has anybody a good recommendation for a physio or orthopedic surgeon that has experience in this injury as I feel those that I saw were not qualified or experienced in this injury. Im only 26 yrs old and dont play much sports, mostly swimming, cycling hiking.
    Anywhere in the Leinster area, dublin carlow Kilkenny

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭statto25

gra111 wrote: »
    Hi,

Last November I started gettin pain in my right knee, after a few doctors and physio visits I was been told its prob tendentious, known something was not right I got MRI which showed partial ACL tear at the femur attachment. A few more physio sessions and I was just told to keep up the exercises and id be fine, anyway nearly a year on, there is still alot I cant do, run jump, fully squat down, and a lot of other natural day to day movements I have difficulty doing like sitting down or getting up of the ground. some of these things are because I dont have alot of trust or understanding of my knee. Has anybody a good recommendation for a physio or orthopedic surgeon that has experience in this injury as I feel those that I saw were not qualified or experienced in this injury. Im only 26 yrs old and dont play much sports, mostly swimming, cycling hiking.
    Anywhere in the Leinster area, dublin carlow Kilkenny

Not allowed to give medical advice but physio won't do anything for a tear of this nature in my view.. What's torn cannot be repaired by a physio. The exercises would have strengthened your legs enough to get you by. I am in the same position. Partial tear which failed completely and took my medial ligament with it. I'm looking at surgery in a couple of months. If you had medial insurance the Sport Injury Santry is mentioned a lot of the boards. If not then go to GP, explain your problem. They will refer you for MRI and that will give you an idea of what the situation is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭siochain

bring your mri to this guy

http://www.sportssurgeryclinic.com/about/surgeons_physicians/surgeons/orthopaedic_surgeons/mr-mark-jackson.html

no BS, excellent with knees. expensive but worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 gra111

Thank you for the post, how much is expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,938 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Consultant appointments in the SSC are around €100, depending on who you see. If you have health insurance it should cover most of the cost though.

Advertisement