Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you should know about your partner?

Options
  • 13-10-2012 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Hi,

Just looking for some female input here. I'm putting a kind of scrapbook together for my girlfriend for our anniversary (I'm getting other gifts too, but this would mean the most to her). It's not your typical type of scrapbook though. What I'm doing is listing questions and answering them to show that I really know her and listen to her. It's the type of thing she'd find sweet.

I've been stuck trying to think of things I should know. I got to about 20 and then I just hit writers block. From a ladies point of view, what would you like/expect your partner to know about you?

Thanks for taking the time to read and reply :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

As I'm drinking a cup now it springs to mind - How I like my tea!

Nice idea :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Pembily wrote: »
    As I'm drinking a cup now it springs to mind - How I like my tea!

Nice idea :)

This made me laugh.

Together four years this Monday, and only recently down in his parents the OH discovered I like one sugar in my tea.

He's been putting two in all this time!

OP other things:

Favourite drink
    Favourite movie
    Funny opinions
    Memories of the two of you together, first date, special times etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

Definately go with the tea one,i found out last week 9 yrs in my other half didn't know how i take my coffee!!
    Her favourite childhood memory?A movie that makes her cry,her favourite smell and of course her favourite chocolate!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Sorcha16

He should know how to make me laugh -bonus points if it's a little in-joke just between the two of us! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Great idea op, well done.
    How about, her most embarrassing moment in college, work, relationship....
    The time she REALLY wished the ground would open up and swallow her, (i have a few of those!!!!)
    The most fun filled day,weekend, holiday she has had either with you or her girl friends.
    The first time her parents got really annoyed with her for either drinking,boyfriends,dossing school etc.
    Some of her bucket list, dream holiday, dream adventure, job, home, car etc.
    Finally asking how happy, content and safe she is with you, maybe leave her answer that :);)
    Well done on doing something original and creative, ur a keeper ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Have you ever watched Mr and Mrs? They usually have some questions that make you wonder do you REALLY know your partner! It's a pretty sh!t show but often raises funny conversations between myself and my boyfriend.

When was her first kiss?
    Favourite subject at school?
    First car?
    Best present she ever got?
    What posters she had on her wall as a teen?
    Fave perfume?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Aw that's so cute.
    I always love that my boyfriend knows how I like my coffee, what my comfort foods are, my favourite smells and tastes, even how I like my sandwhiches made :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭HeyThereDeliah

Really sweet idea OP she is a lucky girl.

Bra size
    what subject upsets her most
    Would she want to pick her own engagement ring
    First crush

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Dunno if id mention the engagement ring one, mught make her think there's a proposal coming up. :)

One to add, name of her first pet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

This thread reminds me of the movie 'Green Card', where a couple got married so the guy could get an American visa. He failed the interview because he couldn't remember which moisturiser she used (I doubt any man would know that!).

Last question should be 'Why do I love you?' or 'What do I love most about you?', guaranteed brownie points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Lyrics from her favourite songs, quotes from her favourite movies.

Stuff only you know :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JohnnyQuid

This thread reminds me of the movie 'Green Card', where a couple got married so the guy could get an American visa. He failed the interview because he couldn't remember which moisturiser she used (I doubt any man would know that!).

I actually do know what moisturiser she uses :p This gave me another idea. Questions about make up and hair care products.

All the suggestions so far have been great. Thanks so much :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Really sweet idea OP she is a lucky girl.

Bra size
    Bra size :confused: ?
    what subject upsets her most

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Her favourite chill out place/where she likes to sit and watch the world go by; could be a seat or a hill where she may like to relax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

You could also include some promises:

When you're upset I'll 'hug/buy you chocolate/make my funny face' - whatever it is to make her smile.

When you have a bad day I'll etc., etc.

You are showing how well you know her and what makes her tick with this.

You sound really sweet, OP. I want a scrapbook now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭HeyThereDeliah

syklops wrote: »
    Bra size :confused: ?

What?

I obviously read the op wrong, sorry OP, thought it was like Mr and Mrs where you answer questions about her typically, bra size, not many men know the answer. What news story makes her cry, is it about animals or babies etc, we all have one subject that upsets us.

Re the engagement would she prefer to be surprised or not ? Would think its one of the important things to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

I think I'd be very uncomfortable if someone did this for me, and now I feel like I'm the only one...no wonder I'm so useless in relationships!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

dearg lady wrote: »
    I think I'd be very uncomfortable if someone did this for me, and now I feel like I'm the only one...no wonder I'm so useless in relationships!!

You're not the only one - I'd hate it, too, tbh. :o

Each to their own, though!

OP I don't really have any suggestions - but I know that these sort of questions are often asked as part of hen party games - so you could try googling "hen party questions" or something, to get more ideas for possible questions, maybe? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

You're not the only not liking the scrapbook idea. I considered making one for herself a few times, but I was concerned I would get something wrong. Also to be honest, I didnt have the happiest of teenage years, so if I got a scrap book with pictures of me from back then, Im not sure how happy I would be.

So your not the only one :p

I think I'd be very uncomfortable if someone did this for me

May I ask what you would find so uncomfortable? I can understand somebody possibly not especially liking it as a gift but -uncomfortable? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Sorcha16 wrote: »
    May I ask what you would find so uncomfortable? I can understand somebody possibly not especially liking it as a gift but -uncomfortable? :confused:

Not directed towards me, but to give my 2c - I'd feel uncomfortable that my boyfriend would feel the need to demonstrate to me the fact that he knows me. I'd feel weird that it seemed he felt the need to prove something like that to me. Surely it should be a given? That if you're in a relationship, you'd know that sort of stuff about your girlfriend/boyfriend?

That's just me though.

I understand that some girls might find this sort of thing sweet - it's not for me, though.

I'd agree with chatterpillar, why would he feel the need to demonstrate this? I dunno, a lot of 'romantic' things make me feel uncomfortable. Anything that feels contrived. I feel bad posting this, I don't want to offend the OP, it definitely seems to be something that the majority would find sweet though!

I'd feel uncomfortable that my boyfriend would feel the need to demonstrate to me the fact that he knows me. I'd feel weird that it seemed he felt the need to prove something like that to me

Aren't all the best presents a demonstration of knowing someone? :)
    I'd agree with chatterpillar, why would he feel the need to demonstrate this? I dunno, a lot of 'romantic' things make me feel uncomfortable. Anything that feels contrived

Gosh, I don't know -I don't think there's anything contrived about making a special effort to make your loved one happy.

I thought perhaps the reason was that you'd feel uncomfortable being made the focus of so much attention

Aren't all the best presents a demonstration of knowing someone? :)

But usually in a less blunt way! :)

Gosh, I don't know -I don't think there's anything contrived about making a special effort to make your loved one happy.

I thought perhaps the reason was that you'd feel uncomfortable being made the focus of so much attention
    I think you are right also about being the focus of attention, that is another thing that would make me uncomfortable.

Maybe contrived is the wrong word. Most things that are 'typically' romantic make me feel uncomfortable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Shivers26

OP I don't really have any suggestions - but I know that these sort of questions are often asked as part of hen party games - so you could try googling "hen party questions" or something, to get more ideas for possible questions, maybe? :)

We played a similar version of this at my hen party. I had to answer questions about himself (if I got one wrong I had to do a shot etc) and my friends were raging because I got every question right even the most obscure stuff! I told them they should have asked him questions about me and I know for a fact he wouldn't have a clue what my favourite book / movie / colour / childhood pet was. What I also know is that I know I don't care. He knows I hate doing housework so he does loads of it and he knows I like a lie in on a Saturday so he gets up with the child and many, many other thoughtful things like that.

Slightly off topic there :o

Does she have any interesting quirks?
    Special shared memories between the 2 of you?
    What about your hopes for your future together? (too serious maybe?)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭cloud_dancer

OP I think it's a really sweet idea and shows how much she means to you. You'd know her best and I'm sure if you think she'd like this kind of thing she will.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

great idea, def stealing it :D n

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 syjg18

You should know your partner's real identity and where he/she live.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

^lmfao.

How did it go I. The end JQ??

• Advertisement
Advertisement