Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Links for Audley Harrison fight

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

ha ha ha ha ha, Tyson Fury not too pleased with David Prices words earlier!

what did he say?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭android1

Something along the lines of "if you call me any names you're getting it". And something about his gay friend Tony Bellew getting it too. Twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

android1 wrote: »
    Something along the lines of "if you call me any names you're getting it". And something about his gay friend Tony Bellew getting it too. Twat.

very childish but Fury is such a loose cannon he is actually funny.

Whats funniest of all is imagining Bellew sitting at home having a chuckle until he gets mentioned, he is a bit of a head the ball himself.

I'd say he spit his drink all over the floor :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Learned nothing new about Price tonight, time for him to step up in quality imo.

Still think he can go all the way to the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Don't think fury could live with price. Fury is too cagey and would be Overehelmed easily. Like to see it thoygj

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭sxt

I don't think this is going to send shockwaves through the heavyweight division like the pundits are suggesting

I don't think prices promoter is interesting in him stepping up too much in the near future . I strongly doubt his promoter genuinely wants to fight tyson fury next .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

I hope Price knocks the head off him. Funny though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Its up on youtube. Somebody should tell Harrison that when boxing you need to throw punches.

Price would easily defeat Fury in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭marbless

Surely the phrase "Audley Harrison fight" is a contradiction in terms?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,595 ✭✭✭✭walshb

We all know that Audley is done, and has been for a while now, but it was still an impressive win for Price. Audley is a big man. Capable too. Price let them go, connected and then it was game over. To do that so quickly deserves credit. I have a feeling that Audley got in physical shape (impressive phyisique), bags, road, pads etc, but most likely didn't do much sparring. A fighter needs to get used to taking shots. Audley the other night seemed confused and not used to leather hitting him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

walshb wrote: »
    We all know that Audley is done, and has been for a while now, but it was still an impressive win for Price. Audley is a big man. Capable too. Price let them go, connected and then it was game over. To do that so quickly deserves credit. I have a feeling that Audley got in physical shape (impressive phyisique), bags, road, pads etc, but most likely didn't do much sparring. A fighter needs to get used to taking shots. Audley the other night seemed confused and not used to leather hitting him.

Audley has been a joke for years and its beyond me how he is even getting fights at this stage.

The fight was a complete waste of prices time as audley hasnt been "capable" of anything for some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Jaysoose wrote: »
    Audley has been a joke for years and its beyond me how he is even getting fights at this stage.

The fight was a complete waste of prices time as audley hasnt been "capable" of anything for some time.

Agreed but he is still a good name to have on your ledger been an Olympic champion and if your going to fight some stocking it might aswell be 1 with a name, Personally I'd prefer if the Board of control revoked his license as he is a waste of time and a true fraud robbing fans money.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

It's more than a little ironic that Frank Moloney and Price were calling out Fury for dodging hard fights while at the site of an Audley Harrison fight. Lads in glass houses..

Fury is golden, though, and probably the most enjoyable promo cutter in boxing today. Hopefully when they invariably do meet he can derail the Price hype train. Fury needs to continue to improve his blocking either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭barney4001

I doubt very much if Fury will ever get the better of price another quick win for Price

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

The fact is Fury has beat better boxers, Price's hype has been based on Frank Maloney's mouth and somehow managing to find a 'safe' route in the weakest major division in boxing.

Fury doesn't match-up well with Price right now because he has a tendency to forget about blocking but he's clearly shown improvement in that area recently. A peak fitness and focused Fury would expose alot of the myths about Price.

Will Fury even do that? Who ever knows with him?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,595 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Syferus wrote: »
    A peak fitness and focused Fury would expose alot of the myths about Price.
    ?

What myths? To date he is undefeated. The rest is just speculation at the moment.

Clay was spoken about similarly when he was rising thru ther ranks. Not comparing Price and Clay as boxers; I am simply saying that Clay too had those who believed he was all hype and that he would be exposed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭sxt

David Price is taking on a Matt Skelton who will be almost 46 years old, next .Price could become a great heavy world weight champion , or he could be the next Audley Harrison!?

Advertisement