Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sore neck after Reiki

Options
2»

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 22,280 ✭✭✭✭endacl



    I have asked you not to question my beliefs so can you stop please?
    With all due respect, Gumbi hasn't questioned your beliefs in this instance. S/he has simply offered alternative explanations for your neck pain for your consideration. Perfectly reasonable ones, I might add. Maybe have a think about them before getting all defensive/reactionary/insecure in your beliefs?


  • Registered Users Posts: 22,280 ✭✭✭✭endacl


    Hard to believe there are still a lot of people - some of them on here - who believe totally and utterly in modern science. I respect your right to believe what you want, but remember modern science once stated as FACT that the world is flat.
    Science changes. Open your mind.
    Don't open it too wide though. Any old rubbish is liable to fall in...


  • Registered Users Posts: 22,280 ✭✭✭✭endacl



    Do you really feel the need to joke about my post??
    It's not a joke. Maybe you just have a sore neck. Give it a few days. Hope you feel better.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 Dogsbody_


    endacl wrote: »
    It's not a joke. Maybe you just have a sore neck. Give it a few days. Hope you feel better.

    stop giving medical advice


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi


    Dogsbody_ wrote: »

    stop giving medical advice
    ???


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,280 ✭✭✭✭endacl


    Dogsbody_ wrote: »

    stop giving medical advice
    Not guilty. That wasn't medical advice. Stop backseat modding?


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 Dogsbody_


    endacl wrote: »
    It's not a joke. Maybe you just have a sore neck. Give it a few days. Hope you feel better.

    That is medical advice. ARe you are a doctor?


  • Registered Users Posts: 22,280 ✭✭✭✭endacl


    Dogsbody_ wrote: »

    That is medical advice. ARe you are a doctor?
    Take two aspirin and give it a few days would be medical advice. Can you see the difference, or do you need the thick cardboard pages, nice bright pictures version?


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 Dogsbody_


    endacl wrote: »
    Take two aspirin and give it a few days would be medical advice. Can you see the difference, or do you need the thick cardboard pages, nice bright pictures version?

    You're actually incredibly wrong.

    Saying take two aspiring give it a few days is equally medical advice as saying "take a few days rest". You're giving someone advice on how to overcome an injury while having no professional authority to do so. You should butt out of this thread, you're a menace.


  • Registered Users Posts: 22,280 ✭✭✭✭endacl


    Dogsbody_ wrote: »

    You're actually incredibly wrong.

    Saying take two aspiring give it a few days is equally medical advice as saying "take a few days rest". You're giving someone advice on how to overcome an injury while having no professional authority to do so. You should butt out of this thread, you're a menace.
    There's nothing to indicate the sore neck was or wasn't caused by an injury. I wouldn't of course be qualified to say either way. Which is why I didn't. Either diagnose or offer medical advice.

    Two aspiring what, by the way?


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi


    Hard to believe there are still a lot of people - some of them on here - who believe totally and utterly in modern science. I respect your right to believe what you want, but remember modern science once stated as FACT that the world is flat.
    Science changes. Open your mind.
    What do you mean when you say "I believe totally in modern science"?? I don't believe IN it. I believe it's the best tool we have for discerning fact from fiction.


  • Registered Users Posts: 22,280 ✭✭✭✭endacl


    Out of interest Dogsbody, why were you not up in arms when people claiming to be reiki practitioners gave advice based on reikiology? That reads a lot closer to medical advice than your selective misreading of my post. If somebody claimed to he a medical doctor, and did similar on a more rational forum, folks would quite rightly have something to say about it.


  • Registered Users Posts: 22,280 ✭✭✭✭endacl


    Gumbi wrote: »
    What do you mean when you say "I believe totally in modern science"?? I don't believe IN it. I believe it's the best tool we have for discerning fact from fiction.
    The only tool.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 Dogsbody_


    endacl wrote: »
    Out of interest Dogsbody, why were you not up in arms when people claiming to be reiki practitioners gave advice based on reikiology? That reads a lot closer to medical advice than your selective misreading of my post. If somebody claimed to he a medical doctor, and did similar on a more rational forum, folks would quite rightly have something to say about it.

    No selective reading on my behalf, your recommended a course of treatment, you're just too deluded to acknowledge that.

    With regard to reiki, the fact the forum we're in is spiritualism, the thread starter is specifically looking for reiki advice, and the context of the answers are all within the realm of reiki, I don't see much to complain about. They are looking for reiki advice, not medical.


  • Registered Users Posts: 22,280 ✭✭✭✭endacl


    Dogsbody_ wrote: »

    No selective reading on my behalf, your recommended a course of treatment, you're just too deluded to acknowledge that.

    With regard to reiki, the fact the forum we're in is spiritualism, the thread starter is specifically looking for reiki advice, and the context of the answers are all within the realm of reiki, I don't see much to complain about. They are looking for reiki advice, not medical.
    Wait to see if the pain goes away is not 'a course of treatment'. If it was, I wouldn't have suggested it. The forum is irrelevant. There's a site wide ban on medical advice. Depending on your level of gulliblity, reiki qualifies as (pseudo) medical intervention. A responsible practitioner would insist the OP seek a physical consultation, and the thread would have been closed. Different rules apply, I imagine, as those who promote alternative-to-medicine know on some level that just as the treatment does no good, the advice will do no harm. They indulge each other. And react comically to those who don't. I recommend you have your consistency chakra realigned.*






    * not medical advice.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta


    Hi,im a reiki 2 practitioner,and in my experience,reiki opens your chakras,and you may be open to psychic attack,in other words,you may have not been made aware that grounding and protection is hugely important. there are a lot of very good vids on youtube on these subjects.reiki is a spiritual modality and you may be attracting malevolant spirits so you need to ground and protect yourself. i hope this helps.

    Funniest thing I've read on Boards all month.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 Dogsbody_


    endacl wrote: »
    Wait to see if the pain goes away is not 'a course of treatment'. If it was, I wouldn't have suggested it. The forum is irrelevant. There's a site wide ban on medical advice. Depending on your level of gulliblity, reiki qualifies as (pseudo) medical intervention. A responsible practitioner would insist the OP seek a physical consultation, and the thread would have been closed. Different rules apply, I imagine, as those who promote alternative-to-medicine know on some level that just as the treatment does no good, the advice will do no harm. They indulge each other. And react comically to those who don't. I recommend you have your consistency chakra realigned.

    What are you asking me? Why isn't the discussion of reiki banned? Why isn't the discussion of reiki as it applies to an individual case banned? I don't make the rules, I'm just offering an interpretation because you asked. You seem to have some kind of agenda where you want to ridicule reiki, I'm not sure why you're in the forum if you're goal is purely to troll.

    I think you should be banned for trolling and for offering medical advice but I don't want to sound like i'm back seat moderating as you put it.


  • Registered Users Posts: 22,280 ✭✭✭✭endacl


    Dogsbody_ wrote: »

    What are you asking me? Why isn't the discussion of reiki banned? Why isn't the discussion of reiki as it applies to an individual case banned? I don't make the rules, I'm just offering an interpretation because you asked. You seem to have some kind of agenda where you want to ridicule reiki, I'm not sure why you're in the forum if you're goal is purely to troll.

    I think you should be banned for trolling and for offering medical advice but I don't want to sound like i'm back seat moderating as you put it.
    Disagreeing isn't trolling. Take a deep breath.* Good man.





    *also not medical advice.**





    ** may be medical advice in yoga.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 Dogsbody_


    enda I've work to do talk to you later


  • Registered Users Posts: 22,280 ✭✭✭✭endacl


    Dogsbody_ wrote: »
    enda I've work to do talk to you later
    Likewise. Free after 9. Holla.


  • Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu


    Thread closed. Many many many bans and infractions to be handed out. I'd suggest everyone concerned read up on The Charter.


This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement