Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Republic and Northern Ireland will eventually be reunited, predicts Enda Kenny

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭poeticseraphim

marky1905 wrote: »
    We have peace now because republicans realised their armed campaign was never going to win! now mcguinness and his pals are calling other republicans traitors for things they were doing not long ago, hypocrites!! Out voted in a united ireland referendum, wise up!! most nationalists wouldn't even vote to join your stupid wee country!

BTW are you coming up today for some bargains!?
    ;)

Anti Irish bigotry is actually very upsetting you need to apologize for your ignorant comments I have never personally shown anything but respect towards both communities in the North.

I am personally offended.

If you don't feel comfortable around Irish people don't speak to us.

Claiming you want to join the conversation and express your side so long as you can bring insults like that into it so casually is astounding.

I cannot believe people on either side of the community think it is ok to speak to people like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

most nationalists wouldn't even vote to join your stupid wee country!

How would you know? You don't sound like the type who associates with many nationalists.
    BTW are you coming up today for some bargains!? ;)

Hardly the worth the while any more given the narrowing in prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

Anti Irish bigotry is actually very upsetting you need to apologize for your ignorant comments I have never personally shown anything but respect towards both communities in the North.

Claiming you want to join the conversation and express your side so long as you can bring insults like that into it so casually is astounding.

I cannot believe people on either side of the community think it is ok to speak to people like that.
    when you post often enough on these type of posts,you will find it brings out all the extremists,the anti-brits the anti-irish,most seem to have a IQ of a 14 year old

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 61 ✭✭marky1905

yo

Sorry if i was offensive towards you, but on these forums as soon as people find out your an northern irish prod your getting called things like "bible thumping lowland scot " "loyalist bigot" "ill bred, english cannon fodder" so you tend to be on the defensive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

on these forums as soon as people find out your an northern irish prod

Umm.. you're really not doing your demographic any favours by spouting rubbish like below.
    your stupid wee country!

Don't forget that it was 'your crowd' who turned the north into a sectarian cess-pit and allowed it become the failed state that it is rather than 'have a taig about the place'.

Also, if it's true that most 'Nationalists wouldn't want to join our stupid wee country' did you ever wonder why?

I'll tell you why. Nationalists are well on their way to running the place and people will act in their economic interests first. When the 26 counties does recover and it looks economically promising the country will be united.

The future is bright. The future is green.

• Advertisement

Umm.. you're really not doing your demographic any favours by spouting rubbish like below.

Don't forget that it was 'your crowd' who turned the north into a sectarian cess-pit and allowed it become the failed state that it is rather than 'have a taig about the place'.

Also, if it's true that most 'Nationalists wouldn't want to join our stupid wee country' did you ever wonder why?

I'll tell you why. Nationalists are well on their way to running the place and people will act in their economic interests first. When the 26 counties does recover and it looks economically promising the country will be united.

The future is bright. The future is green.

Who's my crowd? Northern Irelands doing just fine these days! If its that much a failed state why will people from your country be flocking here in their droves today? didn't see many southern reg cars 15 years ago!

Most nationalist are happy with the status quo, everybody gets a fair crack of the whip these days and their free to celebrate their irishness. The last thing NI needs or your country needs is to be joining together.

No one can predict the future, but if there is ever a united ireland its to bad you wont be around to see it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Glassheart

We have peace now because republicans realised their armed campaign was never going to win! now mcguinness and his pals are calling other republicans traitors for things they were doing not long ago, hypocrites!! Out voted in a united ireland referendum, wise up!! most nationalists wouldn't even vote to join your stupid wee country!

BTW are you coming up today for some bargains!?
    ;)

Somewhat predictably you won't answer the question.Instead you just resort to demonstrating the usual undesirable traits associated with your ilk.
    I'll have to conclude that you support loyalist violence.

The only thing N.I. has going for itself is the generosity of the southern English taxpayer.Pull the plug and you guys would be twice as bad as Greece.

Glassheart wrote: »
    Somewhat predictably you won't answer the question.Instead you just resort to demonstrating the usual undesirable traits associated with your ilk.
    I'll have to conclude that you support loyalist violence.

The only thing N.I. has going for itself is the generosity of the southern English taxpayer.Pull the plug and you guys would be twice as bad as Greece.

What about the mess your own country would've been in if it hadn't been for the generosity of the UK taxpayer! Good having Britain as your nextdoor neighbour when your countrys going down the pan and you need a few bilion quid!!

seriously who in the right mind would want to leave the UK and join up with the banana republic of ireland!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

What about the mess your own country would've been in if it hadn't been for the generosity of the UK taxpayer! Good having Britain as your nextdoor neighbour when your countrys going down the pan and you need a few bilion quid!!

Yea, a few billion that we'll pay back with interest.
    The north on the other hand just costs the english taxpayer a fortune, they'd be glad to see the back of it.

• Advertisement

The last thing NI needs or your country needs is to be joining together.

I was brought up in the north and live in the south. My country is this island as far as I'm concerned.
    No one can predict the future, but if there is ever a united ireland its to bad you wont be around to see it!!

Do you see what you did there? You made a statement 'no one can predict the future' and immediately contradicted it by saying that 'too bad you won't be around to see it'.
    What about the mess your own country would've been in if it hadn't been for the generosity of the UK taxpayer!

How delightfully naive of you to think that that loan was a bailout for the average Irish person. British banks are up to their necks* in Ireland's economic woes (£140B and that's leaving aside British based multinationals) and a collapse of this state would be a massive loss for the UK economy.

*"We are going to do what we regard as being in the British national interest"

George Osbourne on the 'bailout'.

seriously who in the right mind would want to leave the UK and join up with the banana republic of ireland!?

I wouldn't want ya's anyway, we've enough trouble down here without having to sort out your pathetic sectarian bigotry too.
    Stay as you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

gerryo777 wrote: »

I wouldn't want ya's anyway, we've enough trouble down here without having to sort out your pathetic sectarian bigotry too.
    Stay as you are.

You're every bit as moronic as he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭poeticseraphim

yo

Sorry if i was offensive towards you, but on these forums as soon as people find out your an northern irish prod your getting called things like "bible thumping lowland scot " "loyalist bigot" "ill bred, english cannon fodder" so you tend to be on the defensive!

Thank you for your apology.

And those comments above are unacceptable infact they are outrageous.

I can't help but notice some of the comments above a getting offensive to BOTH sides.
    Stay as you are.

Both comments are just ridiculous. Both attitudes are the problem.
    Regardless of how heated a debate gets we cannot forget what is acceptable.

I am embarrassed as a human sometimes.

More important to me than being Irish is not being racist and being a nice person.....

I wish the lines were drawn alone THOSE sides.

You're every bit as moronic as he is.

Thanks. That adds a lot.

What about the mess your own country would've been in if it hadn't been for the generosity of the UK taxpayer!

The 7 billion from the English taxpayer was a political gesture.Our fate wasn't exactly hinged on it.

The idea that this money - or any other 'bailout' money - was necessary is a debate for another day.

I was brought up in the north and live in the south. My country is this island as far as I'm concerned.

Do you see what you did there? You made a statement 'no one can predict the future' and immediately contradicted it by saying that 'too bad you won't be around to see it'.

How delightfully naive of you to think that that loan was a bailout for the average Irish person. British banks are up to their necks* in Ireland's economic woes (£140B and that's leaving aside British based multinationals) and a collapse of this state would be a massive loss for the UK economy.

*"We are going to do what we regard as being in the British national interest"

George Osbourne on the 'bailout'.

Glad to see you found your spiritual homeland chuck! where bouts in NI are you originally from?

How do you suppose leaving the UK and joining with the republic would benefit NI? an end to sectarianism and we all live happily ever after, you know as well as i do a united ireland scenario would be a victory of one side over the other, one side rubbing the others face in it, we won youse uns lost, there's no doubt it would lead to more violence.

You'll never understand because the political position of your ilk is to suck on the teet of the English taxpayer while Nationalists want an independent Ireland that will stand on it's own without foreign interference.

Furthermore,they would live in a country where the influence of goons like Paisley,McCausland (and all those other creationist weirdos) would be halved overnight.

How do you suppose leaving the UK and joining with the republic would benefit NI? an end to sectarianism and we all live happily ever after, you know as well as i do a united ireland scenario would be a victory of one side over the other, one side rubbing the others face in it, we won youse uns lost, there's no doubt it would lead to more violence.

This is what you already have and you've created an entire 'culture' around it.

Glad to see you found your spiritual homeland chuck! where bouts in NI are you originally from?

Dont confuse the republican mentality with the loyalist/unionist one. republicanism is about whats genuinely best for the country, everybody wins

• Advertisement

You'll never understand because the political position of your ilk is to suck on the teet of the English taxpayer while Nationalists want an independent Ireland that will stand on it's own without foreign interference.

Furthermore,they would live in a country where the influence of goons like Paisley,McCausland (and all those other creationist weirdos) would be halved overnight.

Most catholics in NI are happy to remain part of UK at the minute, looking at the state of the republic and realising that maybe a vote for the union isn't such a bad thing.

Your right paisley and mccausland and the rest of the DUP are goons, but the likes of gerry kelly and john o'dowd lol are hardly much better, john o'dowd isn't even human, he looks more like some sort of extra terrestrial space creature!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

The 7 billion from the English taxpayer was a political gesture.Our fate wasn't exactly hinged on it.

The idea that this money - or any other 'bailout' money - was necessary is a debate for another day.

send it back then........you don't need anybody's help.....

Dont confuse the republican mentality with the loyalist/unionist one. republicanism is about whats genuinely best for the country, everybody wins

Aye, cause we all know blowin up town centres is whats genuinely best for the country!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭southsiderosie

MOD NOTE:

If this thread is to stay open, everyone needs to dial down the rhetoric. Comments like 'your ilk', 'stupid wee country', etc. aren't conductive to rational debate.

you know as well as i do a united ireland scenario would be a victory of one side over the other, one side rubbing the others face in it, we won youse uns lost, there's no doubt it would lead to more violence.

It's easy to see that you come from a 'culture' that traditionally did little but 'rub the other side's face in it' and that might make it a little challenging for you to think in anything but false dichotomies such as 'we won - youse'uns lost'.

As has been pointed out to you you shouldn't equate paleo-Unionism with the seeking of equal civil and political rights and aspirations to achieve a United Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭junder

It's easy to see that you come from a 'culture' that traditionally did little but 'rub the other side's face in it' and that might make it a little challenging for you to think in anything but false dichotomies such as 'we won - youse'uns lost'.

As has been pointed out to you you shouldn't equate paleo-Unionism with the seeking of equal civil and political rights and aspirations to achieve a United Ireland.

What culture would that be?

Aye, cause we all know blowin up town centres is whats genuinely best for the country!!
    The IRA (amongst others) set off bombs. republicanism did not

seeking of equal civil and political rights lol, things have changed alot since you packed up and headed down mexico way! Downtrodden catholics of the malone road doen't exactly sound right does it!! atleast i dont come from a 'culture' that desperatly tries to compare itself with the genuinely oppressed peoples in the world like the palestinians or blacks in 1950s america so much so that they actually believe it!!

atleast i dont come from a 'culture' that desperatly tries to compare itself with the genuinely oppressed peoples in the world like the palestinians or blacks in 1950s america so much so that they actually believe it!!

Pfff.. the Black folk of 1950's US and the Palestinians?

Shure they were living in luxury compared to slaves a few generations earlier.

Actually why stop at slavery. Slaves had a life of luxury compared to the Jews of Nazi Europe.

Jesus Christ are we actually playing oppressed peoples top trumps here?

• Advertisement

Pfff.. the Black folk of 1950's US and the Palestinians?

Shure they were living in luxury compared to slaves a few generations earlier.

Actually why stop at slavery. Slaves had a life of luxury compared to the Jews of Nazi Europe.

Jesus Christ are we actually playing oppressed peoples top trumps here?

Sure it was the jews of nazi europe you originally compared yourselves to until they started being nasty to the palestinians so you jumped aboard that bandwagon instead!

If we were playing oppressed peoples top trumps here northern irish catholics would surely take first prize , your not called the most oppressed people ever ever ever for nothing!!

Advertisement