Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

female bodybuilding

Options
  • 12-10-2012 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hi girls,
    I'm just starting to get into bodybuilding but am finding it difficult to find another lady to train with. It's still a wee bit intimidating going into the mens domain.
    Does anyone have any advise on which gyms offer serious bodybuilding for girls? Or where to get a female workout buddy?
    It's really addictive but there does seem to be too many Irish girls doing it. In the UK its a different story.

Ps don't want to have to fork out a ton of money for any special gyms...just one that can offer good advice and training partners.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

There are so few female body builders that I suspect you won't get responses here in tLL OP so I'm going to move your thread to the Fitness forum as there will be more folks there who would at least be able to point you in the direction of a suitable gym/program for female body builders...I think you'll have to let posters know where you are in order for them to give you gyms in your locale tho.

All the best. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭COH

hotlipsol wrote: »
    hi girls,
    I'm just starting to get into bodybuilding but am finding it difficult to find another lady to train with. It's still a wee bit intimidating going into the mens domain.
    Does anyone have any advise on which gyms offer serious bodybuilding for girls? Or where to get a female workout buddy?
    It's really addictive but there does seem to be too many Irish girls doing it. In the UK its a different story.

Ps don't want to have to fork out a ton of money for any special gyms...just one that can offer good advice and training partners.
    Thanks

Where abouts are you based?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Moved back to tLL to allow for anon posting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Im based in Sandyford in Dublin

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

RAW in Portobello maybe? Not sure how many women train there, but it's a great facility, really good for strength training.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭COH

Holtipsol wrote: »
    Im based in Sandyford in Dublin

If a trip on the LUAS isn't a dealbreaker you're welcome to come down to Raw Condition Gym, its about a 2 minute walk from the Harcourt stop. Off the top of my head there are 4 women that have been on the NABBA or RIBBF stage in the past couple years training here, there could be more actually I'm not 100% sure who's done what!

If you would like to check the place out PM me and I'll arrange free day passes, and if Anna, Paula or the rest are around I'd be happy to introduce you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 syjg18

Seems interesting. I better try this too.

Advertisement