Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joan Rivers

Options
  • 11-10-2012 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭

I really like Joan Rivers, her humour and honesty.
    Something she said in an interview in November's issue of Glamour magazine really stood out to me.
    In one way, the sky's the limit; women can run companies and be heads of nations...
    But we've also absolutely screwed ourselves into the ground by allowing men sex without consequence or commitment.
    It sounds old fashioned...
    A generation has missed out on the security of a good marriage.
    I agree with her. I think men have been and are spoilt!
    What do you think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭xDramaxQueenx

No. I like her too, but I don't agree that men are the only ones to benefit from non commitment!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

I really like Joan Rivers, her humour and honesty.
    Something she said in an interview in November's issue of Glamour magazine really stood out to me.

I agree with her. I think men have been and are spoilt!
    What do you think?

I think you should feck off with your generalisations :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Sounds like she views sex as a commodity and a tool - something to use to get the things she wants in life. Not a particularly healthy way of viewing things.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭WaltKowalski

I think I was surprised to read the opinion coming from her.
    I don't know why really.
    I didn't think she'd be 'old fashioned' about that sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭sky2424

I think I was surprised to read the opinion coming from her.
    I don't know why really.
    I didn't think she'd be 'old fashioned' about that sort of thing.

Shes a comedian.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

OP,

The premiss "men have been and are spoilt" is not going to generate a constructive/informative discussion.

Any kind of generalisation always get posters backs up - which is why they are specifically covered by the forum charter. By all means bring topics of interest to the forum but please do so in a way that others aren't going to find inflammatory/insulting.

Cheers.

I think you should feck off with your generalisations :rolleyes:

Warned for being uncivil. If you have an issue with a post or poster then as per site/forum rules: use the report function.

Folks,

If you aren't interested in having a discussion about anything then feel free to click out the thread rather than just being disparaging about the topic...if you have an issue with the topic, then as above use the report function.

If you are going to post - please ensure you are acquainted with the charter of The Ladies Lounge forum and the purpose and ethos this forum has.

Many thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement