Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying a Prius as a family car to replace an old Mercedes estate?

Options
13»

Comments

My 07 MK II is still going strong, 205,000 Kms and still average 64 mpg per tank, this ain't bad for a petrol automatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Cosmo K

64mpg sounds good! Is that mixed driving, or mostly around town?

Yeah that's mixed tank average, I reset the trip computer after I fill up, not after/before a trip or while driving. This won't be accurate.

It's mostly commuter traffic 80-120 Kph. Some town. Must admit, I can't get it much above 4.5 L/100 Kms currently at 4.4. I really do like driving it. I don't rally it. This is in contrast to my old 2003 Audi A4 130 HP TDI Automatic which averaged 48 mpg per tank and was noisy as a tractor.

Very heavy traffic where the traction battery gets run down a lot won't get as good efficiency because there is not much regen and you can't do things such as pulse and glide where you can coast with a certain throttle position where you're consuming 0 fuel and then press gently and you can go on battery, basically it's coasting with a gentle electric push of the motor to keep momentum going. You will learn when and where is best to do this.

Advertisement