Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ring of Kerry 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 loosehead1973

listrybabe wrote: »
    i ended up with 2 xxxl if that any use to you , one never worn
    Hi I would be interested in buying one of those jerseys of you if still available.
    Loosehead1973

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Tomfla

Hi guys,
    I know this is a little late in the day but does anyone know if there were any serious injuries during the 2012 or 2013 cycles. By serious injuries I mean, death, paralysis etc. I suppose anything permanent. Also does anyone know how people on average are tended to by the ambulance crew or first aiders.

Thanks in advance for any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Tomfla wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I know this is a little late in the day but does anyone know if there were any serious injuries during the 2012 or 2013 cycles. By serious injuries I mean, death, paralysis etc. I suppose anything permanent. Also does anyone know how people on average are tended to by the ambulance crew or first aiders.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Yeah, I died going up Moll's Gap, both years, 2012 and 2013.
    And I got paralytic after the 2013 edition.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Unless the reason for that question is explained I'd advise everyone not to answer it. Asking people to comment on how seriously injured people were treated reeks of legal reasons and could have serious consequences

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

mossym wrote: »
    Unless the reason for that question is explained I'd advise everyone not to answer it. Asking people to comment on how seriously injured people were treated reeks of legal reasons and could have serious consequences

No idea why the question was asked but 180km x 8500 cyclists = 1 million miles cycled. The data could make very for a very interesting study relating to how safe cycling is.

x amount of injuries per million miles?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

BailMeOut wrote: »
    No idea why the question was asked but 180km x 8500 cyclists = 1 million miles cycled. The data could make very for a very interesting study relating to how safe cycling is.

x amount of injuries per million miles?

The question wasn't about the number of injuries though, only serious ones, and was about how they were treated, not the numbers

Plus, any statistical data drawn from that day would only be relevant in cases where 8000 cyclists were cycling. Would be impossible to argue that 8000 cyclists on closed roads was representative of normal cycling

Jesus lads will ye get over yourselves.

I never asked about HOW people were treated, just how many.

And for the record the question has nothing to do with legalities. It stemmed from a conversation I had yesterday with someone who claimed that there was a fatality and 4 people paralysed on the 2012 cycle.

I was just wondering if he was talking through his whatsit or did it actually happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Jesus lads will ye get over yourselves.

I never asked about HOW people were treated, just how many.

I quote from your original query:

"Also does anyone know HOW people on average are tended by the ambulance crew or first aiders"

Yes you did ask how people were treated.

Apologies, that was supposed to read 'How MANY' people were treated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭HivemindXX

And for the record the question has nothing to do with legalities. It stemmed from a conversation I had yesterday with someone who claimed that there was a fatality and 4 people paralysed on the 2012 cycle.

It is almost impossible to imagine that there would be a death and four people paralysed and it would not make the newspapers no? We know exactly how many cyclists are killed on the roads each year and we know, for example, that a man was killed by a hit and run driver while out training for the RoK in 2012. How would be not know that someone died during the cycle.

I was on the 2012 cycle and there was no talk of any injuries after the event. The organisers sent out PR messages about how successful it was and I don't see how they wouldn't mention the sort of carnage you describe.

• Advertisement

That’s what I thought personally. But I wanted to be sure that I was right before I hopefully get my chance to tell him he is talking sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭snottybridge

Photos of the day are up on the killarney camera clubs website,happy hunting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Photos of the day are up on the killarney camera clubs website,happy hunting.

http://www.killarneycameraclub.ie/rok.php

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

There was another site mentioned on this thread that had pictures too. Does anyone have the link?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Jovetic

061932%20-%20%20Billy%20Horan%20-%206.jpg

Wow

Pretty sure that's me in the picture :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

063311%20-%20%20Marie%20Lyne%20Kelly%20-%20171.jpg

A nice action shot!

(cough cough... vote pink stetyrell.....PINK)

134437%20-%20Paul%20Garnett%20-%202087.jpg

162340%20-%20Pat%20Neary%20-%20894.jpg

162910%20-%20%20Gerard%20Mannix%20-%201222.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Jovetic

Anyone know what the story is with the DVD?

Can't get into the 5-6pm photos :(

Shouldn't have stopped for that haircut

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6LXoG7kXc0jOaAD2DTXLslkJSdLENS5XQZcwBh08k0UnoyvssbQ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

looks like the 5 - 6pm photos aren't up till tomorrow. thats my time slot too - hope I'm in there cos despite my club in almost every other time slot, there's none of me :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,355 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I'm hoping the 15:30 to 15:59 will be going up tomorrow. I finished somewhere in that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭jinkypolly

siblers wrote: »
    I'm hoping the 15:30 to 15:59 will be going up tomorrow. I finished somewhere in that time.

For some reason the second page of that group is not showing but if you change the URL manually to say 'index2' you'll get it.

killarneycameraclub.ie/rok/1500 - 1600 - Finish Line/index2.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭jinkypolly

looks like the 5 - 6pm photos aren't up till tomorrow. thats my time slot too - hope I'm in there cos despite my club in almost every other time slot, there's none of me :mad:

They where there yesterday but the URL was wrong, they seem to have sorted it now.

http://killarneycameraclub.ie/rok/1700%20-%201800%20-%20Finish%20Line/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭ratracer

That's some amount of pictures. Fair play to the Killarney Camera Club and thank you for your enthusiasm and great photos.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Hani Kosti

Only realised my pants are see through only in rain... damn you gorgeous sunny weather
    No wonder boys in pink got more attention :D:D
    Grassey wrote: »
    063311%20-%20%20Marie%20Lyne%20Kelly%20-%20171.jpg

A nice action shot!

(cough cough... vote pink stetyrell.....PINK)

134437%20-%20Paul%20Garnett%20-%202087.jpg

162340%20-%20Pat%20Neary%20-%20894.jpg

162910%20-%20%20Gerard%20Mannix%20-%201222.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭ashdale5

Some great pics. Spotted my group passing the viaduct and they also got a good few of us crossing the finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

ashdale5 wrote: »
    Some great pics. Spotted my group passing the viaduct and they also got a good few of us crossing the finish.

where is the Viaduct - looks amazing but I don't remember it at all :eek:

found me at the finish line - don't look half as wrecked as I felt
    big thanks to the photographers on the day - can't have been easy standing there all day and editing them afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,355 ✭✭✭✭siblers

jinkypolly wrote: »
    For some reason the second page of that group is not showing but if you change the URL manually to say 'index2' you'll get it.

Ah, nice one. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Lets give it up for the Killarney Camera Club who gave up their day and time to record this event.

Hip Hip
    Hip Hip
    Hip Hip

..even though they only caught the back of my head!!!

I met a gentleman from the club on the way home who advised me that he took 5,000 pictures.. that 5,000 PICTURES!! If I had a hat - I would have tipped it to him!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

Yessssssss I got my ugly mug in on the left in the ROK jersey :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 deeell

jinkypolly wrote: »

Hi,

as the web admin for killarneycameraclub.ie, I appreciated finding out about the issues with the Ring Of Kerry photos on here.

As you imagine, working with over 16000 images is a little difficult, and unnoticed mistakes can creep in.

I have added the links to pages 2 and 3 of the 1500 - 1600 Finish Line album now.

If anybody wants to share the ROK photos with a friend, please use the following link...
    which is a link to the gallery, within the main Killarney Camera Club website.

While the website seems to be working quite well, if you are experiencing delays in page loads, please be patient. The site has used 76GB worth of bandwidth in the first 3 days of August alone.

Happy hunting.

D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

deeell wrote: »
    Hi,

as the web admin for killarneycameraclub.ie, I appreciated finding out about the issues with the Ring Of Kerry photos on here.

As you imagine, working with over 16000 images is a little difficult, and unnoticed mistakes can creep in.

I have added the links to pages 2 and 3 of the 1500 - 1600 Finish Line album now.

If anybody wants to share the ROK photos with a friend, please use the following link...
    which is a link to the gallery, within the main Killarney Camera Club website.

While the website seems to be working quite well, if you are experiencing delays in page loads, please be patient. The site has used 76GB worth of bandwidth in the first 3 days of August alone.

Happy hunting.

D

Trojan work done by ye guys!

Fair play and thanks!

The pics really set the enjoyment of the day into memory

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement