Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nissan Leaf charging costs

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

SEAI might have that sort of data.
    What I find funny is when some people try to shoot wind power down by saying people could freeze because the wind doesn't blow on very cold days.
    Maybe it doesn't, but we're not looking at large scale electrification of heat yet.
    Gas, oil, coal and turf are the main heating fuels here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

It would be interesting to compare eirgrid data , demand vs. wind vs. nameplate capacity to work out the amount of installed wind capacity that would give us what probabiliity of using wind alone, and the risk to supply of using wind + CCGT + Turlough hill + interconnectors.

Could you phrase that again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gmbuck

It's important to remember that the leaf uses regenerative braking to recharge the car when it moves and this would account for about 30% of the driving range. That should get you a good bit closer to the 1c/km figure. I drive one and 160kms per charge is wildly optimistic. Your will get it if you drive like a nun but realistic it will do 110kms normal speeds and by taking it a little slower you will get 130. On the plus side all public charging is free at the moment and you will still get a free home charge point if you buy a new one. I do about 46kms per day and I reckon i'm saving at least €2000 per year and that's just on diesel. My first service was only €90 because they didn't have to replace anything. Happy days!!

Advertisement