Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nashville [ABC - US]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭Poochie05

You may need to store a few episodes up and binge watch to get back in to it. I missed the first episode so, err, my 'cousins in America' sent me the first 10 episodes until the mid season break, and I was hooked again!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,183 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭squonk

Sounds good but I have to admit I'm losing interest myself at this point. It's pure bubblegum that moves through storylines way too quickly for my liking. That being said, it's not quite as daft as Empire. There does seem to be some pain and adjustment with Rayna setting up Highway 61 compared to Cookie just waking up one day and setting up Lion Dynasty which has 20 minutes of being improverished before signing up an act or two who immediately make it big and everything is back to normal! I actually think Jeff whatshisface who was Layla's manager is a big loss from the show, as is Eric Close. Ultimately it's not something you have to waste too many grey cells on anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Mrs W

Holy ****!! Wasn't expecting that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭whatever76

Wow must admit - this song blew me away in tonights episode.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ngLROGe9zc

• Advertisement

Wow - check this out Nashville fans !!

STARS OF T.V.'S 'NASHVILLE' TO STAGE FIRST EVER INTERNATIONAL TOUR
    3ARENA - 20TH JUNE 2016

TICKETS ON SALE FRIDAY 8TH APRIL AT 9AM
    Clare Bowen, Chris Carmack, Charles Esten, Sam Palladio
    To Play 3Arena, Dublin on 20th June 2016
    Stars of the hit series “Nashville” are set to play for audiences in Dublin during a first-ever international tour in June. The tour will feature cast members Clare Bowen, Chris Carmack, Charles Esten, and Sam Palladio performing songs from the series and original material. Tickets for the Dublin concert at 3Arena on 20th June, 2016 will go on sale Friday April 8th at 9.00am. “Nashville” staged sold-out tours across the United States in 2014 and 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

whatever76 wrote: »
    Wow - check this out Nashville fans !!

STARS OF T.V.'S 'NASHVILLE' TO STAGE FIRST EVER INTERNATIONAL TOUR
    3ARENA - 20TH JUNE 2016

TICKETS ON SALE FRIDAY 8TH APRIL AT 9AM
    Clare Bowen, Chris Carmack, Charles Esten, Sam Palladio
    To Play 3Arena, Dublin on 20th June 2016
    Stars of the hit series “Nashville” are set to play for audiences in Dublin during a first-ever international tour in June. The tour will feature cast members Clare Bowen, Chris Carmack, Charles Esten, and Sam Palladio performing songs from the series and original material. Tickets for the Dublin concert at 3Arena on 20th June, 2016 will go on sale Friday April 8th at 9.00am. “Nashville” staged sold-out tours across the United States in 2014 and 2015.

I can't find confirmation of this gig in Dublin anywhere. Where did you spot it?

Got info from MCD.IE email list - checked site and its advertised there as well
    http://www.mcd.ie/homepage_slideshow.html

Many thanks!

Any ticket price yet?

• Advertisement

Maybe no harm. I think it had lost a lot of its original attraction. I certainly am not getting the enjoyment from it I used to.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO .... GUTTED !! It was going downhill this season but still loved my wednesday night fix !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭youngblood

noooooooooooooo
    so is there a chance this may still be picked up by another network?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Luke reminds me of Russell Crowe

Well, the Series finale was last night. It's a pity they didn't have more warning about cancellation because it was a fairly meh season finale let alone a series one. I realised though that I'd gotten bored with the show. In the end it was just pure soap and just seemed to go round in circles. I'm finding the same about Empire now as well. I loved it last year but now it's like Nashville on speed and is bordering on the ridiculous.

I'm wondering if these music driven soaps are a short run thing and will have died away again in a few years. Nashville at least went out when it was still watchable. I think another season wouldn't have helped it much at all.

CMT likely to pick it up for a season 5 now

That's good. Don't know CMT but at least I'll get to see Juliet inevitably survive her horrific plane crash! :)

Glad to hear it but I doubt they'll get Connie Britton back. I got a feeling that she was keen to get back to LA.

• Advertisement

It don't work without Connie Britton though. I think it'd be a very dull show without her.

Dubl07 wrote: »
    Glad to hear it but I doubt they'll get Connie Britton back. I got a feeling that she was keen to get back to LA.

Is she a producer too?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is she a producer too?

Yep. She gave a couple of very meh interviews though about the prospect of it being picked up by another network and stressed how her LA friends were so glad she was returning.

hurray !!!! Hope TG4 will still show it !!!

Damn but that concert in the Point tonight was a Midsummer Night's Treat. Chip Esten, Clare Bowen, Sam Palladio and Chris Carmack all as billed along with Brandon Young. Then Jonathon Jackson and Chaley Rose joined in as icing on the cake. Great musicians and singers one and all including the band. Chris Carmack blows a mean sax and Sam can drum like a loon. :D

Will Chase and Aubrey Peeples (Luke and Layla) will not be with the show when it makes its CMT debut - Source TV Line

Dubl07 wrote: »

http://tvline.com/2016/06/29/connie-britton-nashville-season-5-returning-rayna-cast-cmt/

Connie Britton and Hayden Panettiere are both poised to return to the CMT-bound Nashville in Season 5. Also expected back for the 22-episode season are co-stars Charles Esten, Sam Palladio, Jonathan Jackson, Clare Bowen, Lennon Stella, Maisy Stella and Chris Carmack.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Caprica

Just caught the season finale on TG4 this week.

A good end to a mixed season, I thought things dipped a little in the middle but it built towards a good end in the last few episodes. Glad to see Maddie is back with Rayna, Deacon and Daphne. That Will seems to have got his man and the Exes are possibly no longer exes. I felt sorry for Layla, I really have grown to like her as a character but it was a sad end for her with Avery leaving her and sacked by Glenn but at least she has a successful album. I'm disappointed the she will not be back next season.

I was at the concert a few weeks back and have to agree with the previous poster, it was a great night. The atmosphere was fantastic and the cast really seemed to enjoy themselves. Avery and Zoe got a great reaction.

• Advertisement

http://tvline.com/2016/08/24/connie-britton-leaving-nashville-season-5-cmt-rayna/

Connie Britton is poised to exit the drama’s upcoming fifth season on CMT after appearing in just 10 of 22 episodes :(

It will make its CMT debut with premiere on Thursday, January 5 with Ed Zwick and Marshall Herskovitz as new showrunners

Advertisement