Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee International marathon 16-03-13

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Note to self.... I must start a blog... In fact, seeing as I'm so ridiculously good looking it should be a vlog :D;)

Great idea! Claralara's might be more popular, though ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Killerz

Another race report here for those that are interested......

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=83737772&postcount=378

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Killerz wrote: »
    Another race report here for those that are interested......

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=83737772&postcount=378

Excellent run, and great report (I love epic reports :D ).

I see your pacer's name in the results at slightly over 3:20, he must have walked the last three-or-so miles. Very surprised by this - a 3 hour marathon should be a moderate walk in the park for him! Well done for doing it on your own, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭hot to trot

I remember looking at my garmin at one stage - around 2:55 and thinking that Thomas must be in or around the finish at that point.

I am so delighted for you and thanks again for yet another brilliant race report. I do so look forward to them.:D

Excellent run, and great report (I love epic reports :D ).

I see your pacer's name in the results at slightly over 3:20, he must have walked the last three-or-so miles. Very surprised by this - a 3 hour marathon should be a moderate walk in the park for him! Well done for doing it on your own, though.

Likewise, loved your report, TF. It also helped me understand how I moved up to 11th (couple of drop outs etc).

I'm sure the 3 hour pace was a walk for him, but these things can happen to anyone I suppose.

I think he said that something tweaked on him, but not so sure. Maybe was a preventative move. Hope he's alright anyhow.
    Edit: Mrs. Killerz tells me that he said his calf was shot, and that he walked the last bit home.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

anglo celtic plate is on in couple of weeks,so could be dat

I remember looking at my garmin at one stage - around 2:55 and thinking that Thomas must be in or around the finish at that point.

I am so delighted for you and thanks again for yet another brilliant race report. I do so look forward to them.:D

Thanks!

I had the same feeling at 2:04 going up a hill thinking that the world record holder would be finishing around now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭hot to trot

Congrats Killerz. Super performance also and loved your report. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Great idea! Claralara's might be more popular, though ...

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

@ Killerz - Great report and well done on getting that 3hr monkey off your back!
    @ TFBubendorfer - Great running there too - I'm sure you'll be back to grab a couple more prizes again next year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Aislingtherese

Does anyone know any of the organisers of this Marathon? I entered, paid the fee this year and contacted them before hand looking for a deferral due to injury.

No answers to my many emails. I would just like it if out of courtesy someone would get back to me. I have tried the emails available on their website. If anyone has any other contact details or could perhaps ask them to contact me I would greatly appreciate it.

Just a matter of common courtesy really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Stazza

Have you tried contacting them through the Facebook page?

I'm surprised that they haven't got back to you as they seem to be very organised and decent. Their motivation isn't about making wonga, it's about getting people running and enjoying the experience. They actually have hundreds of people out clogging up the canal pathways - they take them out and deliver genuine training packages without charging them.

Although I don't know him, I think the Gaffa's called Marcus. Try them on the Facebook page.

Advertisement