Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Overtaking lane hogger

Options
  • 06-10-2012 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this has been posted already. I must have watched this 5 times already. :D

WARNING: Some bad language in the video.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

class...just pure class....well done that Gard

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

What a charming truck driver! I hope he was on a hands free! Is that in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

MugMugs wrote: »
    What a charming truck driver! I hope he was on a hands free! Is that in Ireland?

At a guess, the UK.

1. Ireland has a yellow divider line between breakdown lane and driving lane.
    2. Ireland has those green left-right markers at the begining of slip lanes.
    3. Don't think there's too many of those electronic signs in Ireland yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭shar01

I would imagine it's not Ireland - by virtue of the police doing their job and pulling over a lane hogger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Not Ireland. Police car markings, road signage etc are different. Looks like the M62 near Castleford/Pontefract.

Entertaining commentary. What's the Hiberno-English for fookin knob-'ead?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    Not Ireland. Police car markings, road signage etc are different. Looks like the M62 near Castleford/Pontefract.

Entertaining commentary. What's the Hiberno-English for fookin knob-'ead?

"Richard" Head. Presumably the lane-hogger's name.
    That video made my day.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Savker

I hate them yolks that hog the outside lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Haha owned :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

I hope he was on a hands free! Is that in Ireland?

Any bets he was just talking to himself?!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,016 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    Anorak! :)

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

"Some" bad language?? Ha, class :) Hopefully another outside lane muppet done.

coolisin wrote: »

If you listen from 01:08, the charming man is clearly conversing with somebody. Judging by the absence of a third parties voice, one can assume he was doing so by means of mobile telephone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

If you listen from 01:08, the charming man is clearly conversing with somebody. Judging by the absence of a third parties voice, one can assume he was doing so by means of mobile telephone.

could he be speaking on a CB style radio to a truck behind his or something? would make much more sense than commentating down the phone to someone who cant see the event.

or perhaps he has a co worker in the cab with him, who has to listen to that same fat excitable prick giving blow by blow commentary on the traffic every night of his working career and is so sick of it he just doesnt reply anymore.

could he be speaking on a CB style radio to a truck behind his or something? would make much more sense than commentating down the phone to someone who cant see the event.

or perhaps he has a co worker in the cab with him, who has to listen to that same fat excitable prick giving blow by blow commentary on the traffic every night of his working career and is so sick of it he just doesnt reply anymore.

We are probably deviating away from the initial topic however both of those reasonable explanations are somewhat diminished by the fact that nobody else can be heard speak.

Listen, I've picked my phone up when driving as I am sure we all have so frankly don't care less if he did or not. I just find it funny that this gentleman use such colourful language whilst he himself by all probabilities, is breaking the law himself.

In saying that, he could well have an ear piece in. :)

Guy is probably just giving a running commentary so he can post the clip on the net later.

Not your ornery onager

We are probably deviating away from the initial topic however both of those reasonable explanations are somewhat diminished by the fact that nobody else can be heard speak.

Listen, I've picked my phone up when driving as I am sure we all have so frankly don't care less if he did or not. I just find it funny that this gentleman use such colourful language whilst he himself by all probabilities, is breaking the law himself.

In saying that, he could well have an ear piece in. :)

not arguing with you at all, just discussing it :) i can totally see the point your making!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

coolisin wrote: »

Most likely he is on a bluetooth earpiece.

He has a few more uploaded as well, priceless stuff!!

• Site Banned Posts: 27 Scruffy Sandra

Jesus, what a sad bastard recording that and laughing at it. Some people really need to get a life.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Osborne

Did he/she really try and stop in the fast lane?
    Jesus, what a sad bastard recording that and laughing at it. Some people really need to get a life.

Are you being serious? He's a "bastard" for using a dash cam and exposing an act of horrendous driving and road rage to another vehicle that turns out to be the authorities?

Osborne wrote: »
    Watch the video again.
    Are you being serious? He's a "bastard" for using a dash cam and exposing an act of horrendous driving and road rage to another vehicle that turns out to be the authorities?
    How is he 'exposing' it? Everyone knows it happens.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

Esel wrote: »

everybody doesn't post it on youtube though.

but those that do get posted on youtube, you'l agree i'm sure get far more "exposure"

Watch the video again.

He's exposing the driver on this particular occasion. Of course it happens all the time but that's irrelevant. Are you claiming that when anything is exposed, the subject in question has never occurred before?

Yes, I watched it again. What do I do now?

Was it you driving?

• Site Banned Posts: 27 Scruffy Sandra

It's just some fella driving a car somewhere....so what. Who cares what 'lane' he is in? Who cares?

This fella laughing his ass off....the satisfaction he gets from it is desperately sad. He should be getting that from playing in the park with his children or in bed with his missus, not laughing at some bloke getting stopped on a motorway.

It's pathetic.

Yes, I watched it again. What do I do now?
    Go back and edit your post where you asked 'Did he/she really try and stop in the fast lane?'? Because that's the question I answered.
    He's exposing the driver on this particular occasion. Of course it happens all the time but that's irrelevant.
    How is he exposing the driver? Does the video show who the driver is? No, it doesn't. See my welcome below.

Was it you driving?
    Welcome to Boards.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 16,088 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

How come no one notice that truck drive eventually broke the law by undertaking.

It's just some fella driving a car somewhere....so what. Who cares what 'lane' he is in? Who cares?

This fella laughing his ass off....the satisfaction he gets from it is desperately sad. He should be getting that from playing in the park with his children or in bed with his missus, not laughing at some bloke getting stopped on a motorway.

It's pathetic.

your clearly not a heavy road user.

i was a long distance commuter last year and theres nothing worse than mister 95km/h with nowhere to be in the overtaking lane when theres somewhere you've got to be.

i can see how from a professional drivers point of view, someone who spends a good percentage of their life on the road with deadlines to meet could get awfully frustrated dealing with overtaking lane hogs on a not daily but i'd say hourly basis. the satisfaction he would get from seeing one get their cuomeuppance would be more moreso than you or i.

CiniO wrote: »
    How come no one notice that truck drive eventually broke the law by undertaking.

well it was either undertake or start a viscious circle of going slower than the slow driver going slow in the overtaking lane. which would eventually bring the motorway to a stop i'd asume.

Go back and edit your post where you asked 'Did he/she really try and stop in the fast lane?'? Because that's the question I answered.

How is he exposing the driver? Does the video show who the driver is? No, it doesn't. See my welcome below.

Welcome to Boards.

No thank you. I don't feel the need to edit my post. You didn't answer my question, you simply suggested I re-watch the video.

He exposed him by uploading the video. Granted it doesn't state who the culprit was but you know what I mean...or are you just picking at everything I say because you don't like my opinion?

Thank you for the welcome but I'm suspicious it's some kind of riddle.

CiniO wrote: »

No he didn't.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Syllabus

the very first road sign on the left seems to indicate the next exit is 1km

if so, not uk or mainland europe due do the side of the road being driven on

Advertisement