Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your dream day?

Options
  • 06-10-2012 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭

If you had no limits on how you could spend one day of your life, how would you do it?

Comments

There are lots of things I would love to do, so I guess if a few of them were to be squeezed into a day - assuming as you say there are no limits and that I could wiggle my nose to get to various places.

Up really early!
    Eat bacon and eggs with pancakes and maple syrup.
    Drive a ferrari F50 at top speed on an empty open road.
    Spend a couple of hours at Universal Studios going on lots of rollercoasters - there would be no queues of course.
    Have a nice extended lunch with all of my friends, lots of laughing and chatting.
    Visit the christmas markets in Vienna or Bruges and drink mulled wine.
    Have a sled ride in the arctic cirle and finish the night by seeing the northern lights whilst drinking hot chocolate!

Bliss!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Up early, go hike a mountain, do some swimming, cycle somewhere, all in the blistering sunshine.
    The home for some wine with someone with whom I have a friendship of a physical nature...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

Get up early with my OH, get personal ;) I think I would like to be in Hawaii again. This time with someone I love.
    Go free-falling over the amazing mountains and see all that water.
    Go and have the most amazing meal made of the freshest food (they have purple sweet potatoes)
    Go snorkelling with dolphins and have a bit of a lie on the beach.
    Drink Mai Tai in one of the fancy hotels, buy me a pair of louboutins.
    Have a massage and then get ready and go out dancing! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Oh, good question...ummm.

A visit home to my parent's for breakfast where my dad would make waffles, bacon and fruit salad.
    A flight on a fighter jet :D
    Lunch at my favorite bar at home with all of my friends from all over the place.
    An afternoon getting spa treatments with my mom.
    Dinner with my husband in Paris and then just stroll around the city

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭primrose_lily

Wake up really early and go to a small coffee shop in town for breakfast (i dont know why i have yet not done this!)
    Go for a long mid morning walk along the beach
    Listen to some of my favourite music and read some books, maybe hit Charlie Byrnes book store for a little while :)
    Meet some friends for lunch and just chat and laugh the afternoon away.
    Go for an hour long massage and have a really pampering facial at a spa! :)
    Then in the evening have a romantic meal (with who i dont know :/ but a girl can dream!)
    Spend the night on the couch in front of a lovely warm fire, watch the tv and have endless amounts of tea and chocolate! (Again male company would make it more ideal but meh...not likely right now)

Pretty easy to keep happy i think and most of this i could do on any given day off...most of it. ;)

In an ideal world all of this would happen in a warm country (im not picky) and the male company would be some hot ripped hunk of man haha :p

:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

A day free of work stress would be heaven on earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I'd love a day in Italy with my boyfriend, going around seeing some of the most amazing works of art ever created and eating the gorgous food. In reality he'd be bored senseless of course but I'd still love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

A very large, catered picnic, surrounded by our family, friends and our two dogs. In a beautiful setting with the sun shining and a brass band playing on a band stand. Perfect. :D

I say catered so that no-one has any stress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Wake up early? Get away outta that. I'd milk the sleep time for as long as I could :)

Go to Universal Studios.

Go Shopping.

Eat nice food.

I guess I'd need a really long day though to do all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Wake up in a nice, big hotel bed(no noisy neighbours!!!). Enjoy breakfast and swim with himself, follow this with an hour or two in the spa. Meet friends for a long, leisurely lunch. Collect the pooch and take a walk along the beach and then meet the family for dinner and a few laughs. Finish the day curled up on the couch with himself watching something stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Never ending supply of Ben & Jerry's Cookie Dough in the fridge.

I'm a simple man with simple pleasures.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Wake up to a blue sky and freshly squeezed fruit juice. Step out of my beach hut onto a stretch of deserted white sand. Get in my hammock with a fresh book, and not have to move from there unless I'm hungry.

I could use a week of that right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭LeeHoffmann

no limits?...I´d spend it with my parents, both of whom are now deceased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

I'm assuming I can magically transport myself to places around the world :pac:

Wake up next to a beautiful woman I care about
    Spend the morning with her somewhere breathtaking like Fjordlands National Park, NZ...or hike up Kilimanjaro, something like that
    Afterwards, rest and do something non-touristy, mix with the locals etc. in some Asian country
    Have lunch with my granny (RIP) in her house in Dublin
    Fly to NYC, have an expensive dinner with friends and family
    Party hard!
    Transport myself back to bed in Ireland, preferably a nice warm cottage in the West of Ireland

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Up early, nice coffee on my balcony, reading the newspaper in the sunshine.

Then horses. All day with the horses.

That's my perfect day :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

beks101 wrote: »
    A day free of work stress would be heaven on earth.

I know how that feels.

Right now, this is not so much the dream day, but the dream weekend, for me.

After spending the last three years of my life in a horrifically stressful job, I can't even describe how much I appreciate days like today. :)

Having just finished another nice fun week in a job that I love, I woke up this morning in bed beside my looooovely boyfriend. I now have a couple of hours to myself to potter around the apartment, completely guilt-free - in my new job, there is no such thing as overtime and the offices don't even open at the weekend, so I couldn't work even if I wanted to! I'm also taking a break from professional exams, so I don't have study-guilt hanging over me.

All my laundry and housework stuff is up to date, so I have the rest of today and tomorrow stretched out in front of me, with absolutely no commitments, nothing to do, nowhere I have to go.

I've a fridge full of yummy food. It looks cold but bright outside - I may well go for a run soon. I think that the rest of the weekend will mostly consist of snuggles, sexytime, cooking, crap TV. And absolutely no Sunday evening dread/tears/depression - because I actually like getting up and going into work these days.

OK so this seems mindnumbingly boring compared to most of the posts in this thread. :o But it feels like, after a couple of years of hell on earth, of hating my life, I really just can't take days like this for granted. Loving every minute of it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jenneke87

First I'd have a lavish breakfast, with fresh juices, different kinds of breads and yoghurts and I'd take hours. Then I'd have a massage, get on a plane to visit my parents and grandmother and we'd all go to Stockholm and stay in a 5 star hotel and have a grand dinner. After that we'd stroll through the city to find a beautiful spot to watch the sun go down and return to the hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭jessiejam

I'd spend the day with my Mam. Id go shopping with her have a nice long lunch, go for a few drinks and bring her back to mine and spend all night talking to her, getting to know her every thought all about her past and every detail that I didn't have time to take on board when she was alive.

I'd introduce her to my son, get her to advise my teenage daughter about her life. I'd ask her advice about whats been spinning around in my head since last saturday. I'd then kiss her goodbye.

That in a nutshell would make me happy right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭Hope O_o

My 'no-limit' choices would be to glide over the alps... see Niagara Falls up close... or go for a leisurely sail in calm waters... take in one of the worlds large aquariums... walk the beach at sunset, listening to the waves... or just spending time with someone I loved would be a perfectly ideal day :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

barbiegirl wrote: »
    A very large, catered picnic, surrounded by our family, friends and our two dogs. In a beautiful setting with the sun shining and a brass band playing on a band stand. Perfect. :D

I say catered so that no-one has any stress.

Looking at this it is possible. If I could guarantee weather, there are bands playing sometimes in the band stand in bushy park, ok we'd have to do a potluck picnic and everyone I love couldn't be there, at least only in spirit, but i think next summer this is going to happen. Time to make it so and stop living life wishing and hoping :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I'd start with the proviso that I have finished my studies and am in a job I enjoy. That way any lingering stress will be diminished!

Wake up with my gf in our dream house, in which we have a couple of kids, a golden Labrador and a big fat cat. Have breakfast all together, then take the kids to a big BBQ where they'd meet all the relatives and friends, including the ones that have passed away. I'd spend most of the day taking photos and hanging out with my Mum. :) Then home to a big dinner and have a movie night at home with popcorn, cakes, the works. Put the kids to bed and let unbridled sexy times without interruption commence!!

;)

Kinda banal, but I can't think of anything better right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭beltzar

A day free of second guessing, worrying about trivial stuff. A day where I realise and accept that I am very lucky and I actually stop and smell the roses. (or whatever the correct expression is)

A day where I can just enjoy the day without wrecking my own head trying to organise stuff.

A day where I'm not doing anything and I can just enjoy it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I'd love to wake up on a yacht moored off the South of France with my husband, have breakfast (delectable French pastries and baguette of course) on deck with a warm breeze as we read the paper.

Then we'd fly over to New York, and walk through Times Square on our way to see a broadway matinee.

We'd finish up the evening in Bali, in an exclusive resort eating dinner on the beach by candlelight

Although in reality just spending the day with my husband is enough for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sunshineboo

A day where I feel happy.

Advertisement