Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Darlings going crazy on bus

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Strange how whoever is in charge of the event sees fit to allow drunken youths covered from head to toe in muck to wander around and mar such an occasion. I dont believe it happens at major agricultural events in Wales for example, at least not that I've witnessed.

And the point I'm making is that this is happening on school time with nothing being done to prevent the little darh-links from getting sanctioned by the schools for effectively mitching school.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

My poor husband was not too long ago a driver for these tours- kids hired the bus going to some day out , get pissed, bring bin bags worth of drink on-all supplied by mummy and daddy, smoke on the bus, puke everywhere, damage the bus, abuse husband and generally act like sh!ts

The owner should not take on jobs that he wouldnt drive himself.

My cousin was once asked if he would allow a wheelbarrow on the bus.
    "Why?" he asked, "So we can carry the drink in it."

The answer was no, they still brought the beer though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

The owner should not take on jobs that he wouldnt drive himself.

My cousin was once asked if he would allow a wheelbarrow on the bus.
    "Why?" he asked, "So we can carry the drink in it."

The answer was no, they still brought the beer though.

Shows how stupid they are how would you get a wheel barrow full of drink up the steps :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Going Forward

MadsL wrote: »
    And the point I'm making is that this is happening on school time with nothing being done to prevent the little darh-links from getting sanctioned by the schools for effectively mitching school.

What can they do though, apart from issue warnings for the coming year.
    The notes will no doubt say that Little Tommy was absent because he was sick yesterday?

What can they do though, apart from issue warnings for the coming year.
    The notes will no doubt say that Little Tommy was absent because he was sick yesterday?

1. Ensure all planned absences are required to give advance notice.
    2. Call each parent of absent pupils on the day. Ask to speak to the pupil.
    3. Call parents in for a meeting when Little Tommy cannot come to the phone right now.
    4. Ask local Gardai to inspect buses before leaving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭johnROSS

All the parents should have to attend parenting classes, all the eejits on the bus should be made do a month or two's hard labour, and the guy who left em behind should get a medal.

And this is coming from someone the same age as the culprits, who also was at the ploughing.

johnROSS wrote: »
    And this is coming from someone the same age as the culprits, who also was at the ploughing.

Did your school know you were at the ploughing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

1. Ensure all planned absences are required to give advance notice.
    2. Call each parent of absent pupils on the day. Ask to speak to the pupil.
    3. Call parents in for a meeting when Little Tommy cannot come to the phone right now.
    4. Ask local Gardai to inspect buses before leaving.

That is what society would look like were it run by dryshoites. Back in my day the driver would say 'does it look like i have a trailer with me behind the bus fit for a trailer?' and the driver would say 'well come back for it in the morning so ya little bollix' and that was if you were lucky enough to have a driver .. Or a bus.

If there was no driver the owner of the bus would say 'so which one of ye gobshoites has the most experience on the tractor' and only one of them would dare say '.....me' and the owner of the bus would say 'if you crash this ould hape tis coming out of your pocket money, if not you'll be getting lashes for each and every dent'

eth0 wrote: »
    That is what society would look like were it run by dryshoites. Back in my day the driver would say 'does it look like i have a trailer with me behind the bus fit for a trailer?' and the driver would say 'well come back for it in the morning so ya little bollix' and that was if you were lucky enough to have a driver .. Or a bus.

If there was no driver the owner of the bus would say 'so which one of ye gobshoites has the most experience on the tractor' and only one of them would dare say '.....me' and the owner of the bus would say 'if you crash this ould hape tis coming out of your pocket money, if not you'll be getting lashes for each and every dent'

Was it a good night of drinking? Hope you have the solpadeine in for the morning.

Yeah, cus dryshoites think things like criminal damage, are ya know, criminal.

Did your school know you were at the ploughing?
    Yeah, the note i brought in the day after simply said "missing because he attended the ploughing championships" and it was accepted fine.

• Advertisement

johnROSS wrote: »
    Yeah, the note i brought in the day after simply said "missing because he attended the ploughing championships" and it was accepted fine.

Kinda backs up my point about schools being complicit in this. Did you go with friends or your parents?

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭shar01

@eth0 - I know what you're saying but the sad reality is some kids these days get away with blue sodding murder. And the "helicopter" parents are to blame.

For example - my friend was interviewing a young lad for a summer job (the young lad had done the Leaving Cert so was around 17/18) - the mother wanted to come into the office with the child for the interview :rolleyes: She was very put out when told to wait outside.

The driver's boss should've backed him up but I suppose couldn't take the chance of losing future business. Because I'm sure the parents of the little darlings would've bad mouthed his business.

There's a generation of darlings out there with no sense of responsibility.

shar01 wrote: »
    There's a generation of darlings out there with no sense of responsibility.

When they see no consequences happening to the underclass (muggings, assaults) and the privileged (developers, bankers, politicians) it is us that have taught them that.

Damn, really hoped to make it to 50 without becoming a reactionary. Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭shar01

When they see no consequences happening to the underclass (muggings, assaults) and the privileged (developers, bankers, politicians) it is us that have taught them that.

Damn, really hoped to make it to 50 without becoing a reactionary. Sigh.

And the guards are just getting younger!

Don't worry MadsL - happens to us all.

Kinda backs up my point about schools being complicit in this. Did you go with friends or your parents?

parents. I really think ye're all being unfair on today's generation. As usual, it's a minority who do stupid stuff like this, and this gives everyone else a bad name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

For example - my friend was interviewing a young lad for a summer job (the young lad had done the Leaving Cert so was around 17/18) - the mother wanted to come into the office with the child for the interview :rolleyes: She was very put out when told to wait outside.

Would you believe that's not the first time I heard of that happening:pac:
    ......................Because I'm sure the parents of the little darlings would've bad mouthed his business.

Which they did on the radio the next morning, idiots:) But of course their little darling didn't do anything

Advertisement