Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards League - Season 17 Sign-up

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Stall It Warriors would like to be thrown into the mix

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CorballyMan

Curly sue death squad
    everyone likes a tryer
    Grubber RFC
    Lunster - 45896
    westman - westmen - 44626
    schouboudou - casey's Guinness - 85492
    Killarney RFC - 44940
    newcastle west - 85447
    Turenne - Scorched Earth - 9008
    Corny - Forza Juve - 9150
    bogwarriors - 44305
    MarVeL-YerMen-9374
    MWSAG - 9104
    Nenagh Ormond - 621
    Ladyboys
    Rath Rugby Club - 85307
    Celtic superstars
    Polk High - 9197
    Fingal Physicians
    Tallaght Tigers RFC
    Revan RFC
    Wandering Wanderers - Cody1
    Dread0s - 85090
    BJD Panthers-9238
    Effluo - East Coast Tinders - 44904
    Toronto Rucks - 9466
    Mauling Bear - 45095
    Exiles - 46220 (sent me a br mail about signing up)
    Jacks - 45444 (sent me a br mail about signing up)
    Irish Exiles RFC-9210

• Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭daheff

Curly sue death squad
    everyone likes a tryer
    Grubber RFC
    Lunster - 45896
    Killarney RFC - 44940
    newcastle west - 85447
    bogwarriors - 44305
    MarVeL-YerMen-9374
    MWSAG - 9104
    Nenagh Ormond - 621
    Ladyboys
    Rath Rugby Club - 85307
    Celtic superstars
    Polk High - 9197
    Fingal Physicians
    Tallaght Tigers RFC
    Revan RFC
    Dread0s - 85090
    BJD Panthers-9238
    Toronto Rucks - 9466
    Mauling Bear - 45095
    Irish Exiles RFC-9210
    Front Row Fairies -45222

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭bossa_nova

Curly sue death squad
    everyone likes a tryer
    Grubber RFC
    Lunster - 45896
    Killarney RFC - 44940
    newcastle west - 85447
    bogwarriors - 44305
    MarVeL-YerMen-9374
    MWSAG - 9104
    Nenagh Ormond - 621
    Ladyboys
    Rath Rugby Club - 85307
    Celtic superstars
    Polk High - 9197
    Fingal Physicians
    Tallaght Tigers RFC
    Revan RFC
    Dread0s - 85090
    BJD Panthers-9238
    Toronto Rucks - 9466
    Mauling Bear - 45095
    Irish Exiles RFC-9210
    Front Row Fairies -45222
    Gideons -

If we need teams to make up numbers I have an affiliate tat I'm willing to allow be humiliated on a weekly basis :) (Alling allstars 81967)!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

I think I may sit out a season on this lads. :( As much fun as it was and as extremely well run as it is, I think for the new season in a new league I might just spend my time in BOR focusing on that. But will definitely come back for the next one if I can get back in!! :) (thanks to all who spent time doing leagues and write ups which made it so enjoyable also!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

[Quote=[Jackass];81574340]I think I may sit out a season on this lads. :( As much fun as it was and as extremely well run as it is, I think for the new season in a new league I might just spend my time in BOR focusing on that. But will definitely come back for the next one if I can get back in!! :) (thanks to all who spent time doing leagues and write ups which made it so enjoyable also!)[/Quote]

You could always stay in it and use your default team. There is no energy penalty for playing Thursday friendlies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

+1 Jackass, the beauty of the comp is you can give it as little or as much time as you want with no penalty to your league performance.

We have 32 teams signed up so that's 4 divisions next season. I've just mailed some teams who haven't signed up to see if they want to continue and see if we can have a 5th division again. I've given a closing date of next Tuesday for signing up to give time to set fixtures up.

daheff, I'll let you know about the affiliates on Tuesday or Wednesday to possibly pad to bottom div.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

im not sure i really understand jackasses stand because its a great way to test out your team against similar teams and figure out you tactics this comp alone has made me a better manager. im really looking forward to next seasons comp, the normal league and my own comp(a monday comp pretty much based on this format but for zim only managers)

p.s im drunk but i really think i type better when im drunk

at mar-z my affiliate from last season is also available to fill up the numbers if needed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

New team so will probably get smack about.

skeleton_boy - I Can't Believe It's A Lawfirm - 44469

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Ponyo 85342

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭westman1

[Jackass] wrote: »
    I think I may sit out a season on this lads. :( As much fun as it was and as extremely well run as it is, I think for the new season in a new league I might just spend my time in BOR focusing on that. But will definitely come back for the next one if I can get back in!! :) (thanks to all who spent time doing leagues and write ups which made it so enjoyable also!)
    stay in. think of all the time you waste looking for a thursday friendly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

June Sarpongs Spunky Backpack 46218

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

June Sarpongs Spunky Backpack 46218

I really like the team name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

Fewcifur wrote: »
    I really like the team name

Cheers, its lifted straight from the short lived series Brasseye!

seanand wrote: »
    im not sure i really understand jackasses stand because its a great way to test out your team against similar teams and figure out you tactics this comp alone has made me a better manager. im really looking forward to next seasons comp, the normal league and my own comp(a monday comp pretty much based on this format but for zim only managers)

p.s im drunk but i really think i type better when im drunk

at mar-z my affiliate from last season is also available to fill up the numbers if needed
    no i can hear that you're drunk:D

westman1 wrote: »
    no i can hear that you're drunk:D
    you type drunk .but i totally agree with you that and using offsite and reading other lounge posts

Ok I need one affiliate team to fill out the expansion to 6 divisions which will ensure all new teams get a slot.

Seanad I already have your affiliate down to play again and Daheff I have yours down too, but need one more team.

Or if anyone knows the managers of
    Chocolate Chompers (I think was the missus of a boardsie but not sure)
    Mayo Migrants (manager name marcony on br)
    Ulster Trials (manager name Doccse)
    who haven't seen/replies to my mail. They are the only teams from last season I haven't heard from

Or if Blue Magic (jackass) wants to change his mind before tomorrow when I plan to sort out leagues and fixtures.

mar-z wrote: »
    Ok I need one affiliate team to fill out the expansion to 6 divisions which will ensure all new teams get a slot.

Seanad I already have your affiliate down to play again and Daheff I have yours down too, but need one more team.

Or if anyone knows the managers of
    Chocolate Chompers (I think was the missus of a boardsie but not sure)
    Mayo Migrants (manager name marcony on br)
    Ulster Trials (manager name Doccse)
    who haven't seen/replies to my mail. They are the only teams from last season I haven't heard from

Or if Blue Magic (jackass) wants to change his mind before tomorrow when I plan to sort out leagues and fixtures.
    ya thats grand marz i was going to sign them up if needed just to let you know there shocking now got relegated so sold up a bit.

id talk to doccse a bit hes active enough has he not opened your mail?

seanand wrote: »
    ya thats grand marz i was going to sign them up if needed just to let you know there shocking now got relegated so sold up a bit.

id talk to doccse a bit hes active enough has he not opened your mail?

Doccse was the only one of the three who did but no reply from him.

• Advertisement

I'm still cut up about Jackass. He requested a friendly today and then it was gone. Felt doubly cut up. He's just toying with my emotions this weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

I'll get in contact with marcony in RL to reply to you, or I will ultimately sign in as him and accept anyways ;)

im mail doccse he might reply to me

doccse in its that simple and easy mar-z. if marcony wants in too iv no problem if you want to drop my affiliate to make room 1st teams should be in first

I just signed in to marconys account and it appears as though he beat me and already got around to replying...

satory wrote: »
    I just signed in to marconys account and it appears as though he beat me and already got around to replying...

I was about to type something about your IP being flagged or something, but, I doubt they're that on the ball.

I was about to type something about your IP being flagged or something, but, I doubt they're that on the ball.

We lived in the same house for a while so our IPs have been the same on and off since the summer. And to be fair we dont ever look to transfer players, when ever I log in has him its to accept some friendly, or update his tactics if he forgot, nothing untoward like transfers between teams.

I'm still cut up about Jackass. He requested a friendly today and then it was gone. Felt doubly cut up. He's just toying with my emotions this weather.

same with me...i accepted it and then it was overwritten by a 3rd party comp he also entered :(

Right so sign-ins are closed.

Marcony and Doccse are in and I'll drop my own affiliate out.

I'll get the first round of fixtures tonight and start up a thread later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

If you need trophies for the new division just shout.

Advertisement