Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lucid dreaming ?

Options
  • 03-10-2012 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭

I had this amazing dream last night.
    I dream about flying about once a week but last nights dream went way beyond that.

I was flying over a city when I started getting dragged back to myself as if I was waking up, I looked around my room and felt scared but reassured myself everything was fine, I was just dreaming. As I started going back to sleep I felt a fizzing feeling and felt as if I was going to start separating from myself and got freaked out and jumped up in the bed. Once again told myself to relax i'm in my own room, perfectly safe and began falling asleep again. I felt the fizzing feeling and felt as if there was a bubble leaving me, it came into my head not to get freaked out but to allow it to happen and to push the bubble as if it was some sort of energy away from me. I pushed against it and started flying. That is the last thought I *think* I consciously had but woke up this morning having had the most amazingly vivid dream of flying over snow capped mountains(that I knew were the Alps :o) and a city that I can describe in major detail.

now chances are I didn't wake at all but just dreamt the whole thing but wow I felt on top of the world this morning, I wanted to go back to sleep and have a repeat :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭briano.de.rhino

Thats great that youre conciousness was that alert. Mine usually just drops straight into slumber.

I managed one lucid dream in my life. I think there are levels of lucidity but mine was 100% aware, much similar to waking life. Quite inspirational and wish I could repeat it.

By the sounds of it, you were aware during the hypnogogic(means leading into sleeping state) imagery and sleep paralysis stage of sleep.

If youre interested in what happened to you, do some research into lucid dream techniques...
    you might be good at W.I.L.D. wake-initiated lucid dreaming. ...Whereby you relax and use meditation/relaxation techniques and just be aware....keep holding awareness as you fall asleep. Try maintain awareness as your body falls asleep. Its quite difficult. You might hear voices or noises(but you wont feel scared, at least Im not) which is the hypnogogic imagery/hallucinations which precede entering a dream.
    Happy dreaming.
    also, if you want an a tool to help you you could look up the Remee dream mask which is very cheap and should start shipping this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭tedobrien98

I think I might have had a lucid dream last night, but I'm not sure if the dream was about a lucid dream, which I suppose wouldn't count. I just remember thinking about what I wanted to be behind a door, and then I went through it and it was there, and it happened a few times. But I don't know if it was actually me that wanted the stuff or was I dreaming that it was a lucid dream and in actual fact it wasn't...

Im no expert and not qualified to categorise your dream but Id say you had a very vivid dream with some percentage of lucidity. Definitely worth to cultivate awareness and try it again in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭jackie1974

Hi Briano

I started to look more into lucid dreaming and joined dreamviews.com, I tried wilding but only got to the paralysis stage which was really weird. I felt my hands were really cramped, I couldn't move any part of my body but it was my hands that really bothered me. I heard banging sounds which was fine because I was expecting it. I actually forced myself out of it by wiggling and regretted not seeing it through so i'll try that a bit more. This is my latest lucid dream journal entry:

I haven't tried to ld or try any techniques to obe for about a week because I felt so tired and looked like ****e in the mornings when I was obsessing about it so this morning when I started to wake at about 6am I wasn't planing to ld but when I did begin to wake I began the rocking over and back technique and felt myself separate. I got up very easily and sat on the edge of my bed. I looked around my room but could only see fragments so went straight to examining my hands. They came into focus quite easily and I think I tried to touch other things in my room.

I remember flying and thinking to myself 'you need to have a plan, try looking in a mirror' but totally dismissed this idea as I was enjoying flying way too much I thought 'right I need to have a destination Ibiza' (don't know where that came from i've no desire to go to Ibiza)

My next memory is flying over these tracks that could be unused railway tracks, through mountains and arriving at a resort that was more saloons rather than bars, a small town of wooden structures but bustling and lively. I spoke to a guy with long curly hair that wanted me to stay around but I thought to myself no i'm going to lose this and wake up so had to do the hand examination again to regain clarity and continued flying. At one point I told myself to wake up and start writing in case I forgot it all but thought 'no way am I waking up, this is too fantastic, i'll risk forgetting to continue on this journey' and I know i've forgotten a lot of it but meh the experience took priority :pac:

Wow, thats savage. Well done. Apparently its when youre relaxed about it and not stressing that you can LD. Must try WILDing it again, see how deep I go. Best of luck exploring.
    B

• Advertisement
Advertisement