Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A&A Feedback

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Just for clarity's sake -- if this thread descends again into the kind of angry, obnoxious nonsense that's just been deleted, posters will be carded or banned at the mods' discretion.

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

Jernal wrote: »
    Done.:)
    That was very decent of you. Thank you. Sorry for all the headaches but I do intend to stay true to my word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

robindch wrote: »
    Just for clarity's sake -- if this thread descends again into the kind of angry, obnoxious nonsense that's just been deleted, posters will be carded or banned at the mods' discretion.

Ah, the unpaid one.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,504 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

robindch wrote: »

Bah, this always happens. It's like always arriving at a party 12 hours too late, with everyone comatose and empty glasses everywhere and no idea what happened.

Boards should introduce a pay to see the juicy deleted posts option :pac:

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

- Someone commented that they felt that posters here act in packs to delegitimise and spoil threads.
    - Dades commented that he would be surprised if this ever had happened where the OP was made in good faith.
    - Doctor Doom commented that this thread spoilation and self-moderation through trolling was a positive thing.
    - I posted a link to a thread where a perfectly valid thread made in good faith was posted.

Many have tried but nobody has been able to deny the validity of the thread nor had the brass neck to suggest that the response was appropriate.
    Your post differs from the scenario described by the poster suggesting visitors don't get heard out because you are not an innocent abroad. You have a history of disagreement with many posters here and indeed many posters all over Boards. Human nature ensures that existing animosities are going to spillover, rightly or wrongly.

Secondly, that post wasn't a question, or a request for opinions, it was a blog post. And if I'm honest, probably posted to get the reaction you got.

• Advertisement

... didn't know that having the cheek to "disagree" was such a problem for A&A.

What you are describing as a "blog post" is a "proposition" - precisely what you would be surprised to see.
    Proposition - Definition and More from the Free Merriam ...

www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/proposition CachedDefinition of PROPOSITION. 1. a (1): something offered for consideration or acceptance : proposal (2): a request for sexual intercourse . b: the point to be discussed ..

If "animosities spill over" surely it is the mods job to sort it out. There was no animosity from me only towards me.

How you can be "honest" about my intentions baffles me. Shame you twist things to make them about me rather than acknowledge a perfectly valid thread - and allow me to be honest here - which was made in the best possible faith which you cannot find a single fault with

===

That said, I'm a man of my word and am done here. Thanks again Jernal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

Is he still at it? In that case, can I request that my post pointing out that there was five whole pages of people challenging the validity of his thread and whether or not is was posted in good faith (survey says no) be reinstated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Pity A+A is under "Religion and Spirituality" ...

Pity A+A is under "Religion and Spirituality" ...

Good point Monkey.

Where should we be housed?
    Who will have us?

Atheist-related books are categorized similarly too at book stores, and it sucks.
    At the really good bookstores, our books are found under philosophy.

Since this is feedback: any chance of getting moved?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Ah, leave us here. I'm sure it pisses off some of the crazier god-botherers. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Sarky wrote: »

Especially as it comes first in the list.:pac:

Sarky wrote: »

Yes, that is a major plus.

But we are parked under Religion & Spirituality, and I ain't either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

Kivaro wrote: »
    Yes, that is a major plus.

But we are parked under Religion & Spirituality, and I ain't either.

Shouldn't the whole category be called Atheism, Religion & Spirituality? Would be more appealing to me anyway....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,156 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Atheism, Religion, Spirituality & Epistemology.

:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Pherekydes wrote: »

Atheism, Religion, Spirituality, Epistemology & Biscuits with pineapple on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Bannasidhe wrote: »

I don't know, do we really want a category that can be abbreviated to A.R.S.E. Biscuits with pineapple on top :pac:.

Bannasidhe wrote: »

Last edited by Bannasidhe; Today at 10:48. Reason: 'religion' so bad I named it twice.

Thought you were channelling ARRSE there for a sec... most of the mods on boards would have conniptions if they saw what passes for discussion on there :pac:

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Gbear wrote: »
    Especially as it comes first in the list.:pac:
    And the most posts by far. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Dades wrote: »
    And we already (usually) have the highest viewing figure, least any time I've looked. Now we just need 800 new threads to complete the unholy quaternary.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Dades wrote: »

*lurker sees forum*
    "Why are atheists so obsessed with religion?"
    *lurker enters forum*
    "Why are they so obsessed with biscuits?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Which reminds me, while not strictly a biscuit, had a new Tesco cookie today, toffee squares instead of chocolate chunks. 7/10. They also had jelly-bean versions but that was way out of my comfort zone.

There is only one true biscuit.

GitXxTl.png

All other arguments are invalid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

There is only one true biscuit.

GitXxTl.png

All other arguments are invalid.

...sweet diabetic death jesus......

Hi Folks,

I hate to be a spoilsport. (That's very probably a lie.) This thread is really intended for feedback, you know, for where your profess your love for us lazy slobs hard working mods. Unfortunately, this means that posts of biscuits and other culinary delights may be deleted without warning. Consider yourselves warned. :)

My apologies. May I ask in here why there isn't a Judaism forum? Is it because it would descend into an Israel/Palestine clusterf*ck? The rise of ultra-Orthodox Judaism (the kind that wants gender segregation on buses and sends other people's kids out to occupied territories whilst claiming religious exemption for their own) is surely just as alarming as as the rise in fundamentalist Christians and Muslims.

My apologies. May I ask in here why there isn't a Judaism forum? Is it because it would descend into an Israel/Palestine clusterf*ck? The rise of ultra-Orthodox Judaism (the kind that wants gender segregation on buses and sends other people's kids out to occupied territories whilst claiming religious exemption for their own) is surely just as alarming as as the rise in fundamentalist Christians and Muslims.

No need to apologise. Plenty of folk including merry aul me had mentioned biscuits. :)

Um, I don't know. I'd guess because there's not enough demand for it? Or knowing boards there could be one but the forum is super secret. So many super secret forums here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

A forum request pops up every now and then. It very rarely gets anywhere near enough +1s to even get to the admin approval stage.

Not to mention the blurry glasses, and sitting in plastic bags on planes.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Pherekydes wrote: »

I actually think that's a very good idea. It sure would save us from a lot of those, "Why is this in the A&A forum?" posts.

ARSE! :pac:

• Advertisement

I have some feedback for the mods as a user of this forum,

If you must insist on censoring views you don't approve of and delete threads for no apparent reason then some kind of note informing the person who took the time to post it would be desirable, It is a matter of decency and common courtesy.

Advertisement